GNR POLL FOR WEDNESDAY???

13 hours ago, Towelie said:

Are you fucking kidding me??

No. They've been touring almost all the time, haven't you noticed? And in the meantime, Axl had the AC/DC thing, so when were they supposed to do that? You seriously didn't expect them to have written, compiled, recorded, and released a complete brand new album within the few free months they just had, did you?

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

No. They've been touring almost all the time, haven't you noticed? And in the meantime, Axl had the AC/DC thing, so when were they supposed to do that? You seriously didn't expect them to have written, compiled, recorded, and released a complete brand new album within the few free months they just had, did you?

Considering the reunion has been in the works since 2014, and that they've had several months-long breaks in the touring schedule, plus the last 25 years to write songs for a new Guns record, I would say they've had plenty of time. 

Edited by Towelie

New tour dates, MAYBE with Steven (he did say he was under contract) and MAYBE Izzy. But I have zero evidence to back that up, other than they seem to announce the next leg before the current leg kicks off, and basing the other bit on Stevens comments and how he wouldn't be involved again without Izzy. 

Preference would obviously be new music over every other option, but I'm not holding my breath.  

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Considering the reunion has been in the works since 2014, and that they've had several breaks in the touring schedule, plus the last 25 years to write songs for a new Guns record, I would say they've had plenty of time. 

Since 2015, and during that time they were negotiating the terms for touring and their "partnership"... 2016 was the first year where the current line up could have worked on something. We all know there is some semblance of a new album locked away from the CD era, which they could easily release... hopefully with the ears of Duff and Slash guiding the final track list... and HOPEFULLY a Slash song or two to counter some of the weirder songs on the album.

54 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Considering the reunion has been in the works since 2014, and that they've had several months-long breaks in the touring schedule, plus the last 25 years to write songs for a new Guns record, I would say they've had plenty of time. 

Axl and Slash only started talking (not even composing something together) in summer 2015, so anything before that is not really relevant. And unless we want a record only consisting of 20+ years old songs (which wouldn't show us whether they can produce something new in this line up), I wouldn't count those years either. They've only started last year. I say let them finish the touring first, and only then can our demands count as reasonable. A DVD would be a whole different story though. But I guess I wouldn't expect that before the end of the European tour.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Axl and Slash only started talking (not even composing something together) in summer 2015, so anything before that is not really relevant. And unless we want a record only consisting of 20+ years old songs (which wouldn't show us whether they can produce something new in this line up), I wouldn't count those years either. They've only started last year. I say let them finish the touring first, and only then can our demands count as reasonable. A DVD would be a whole different story though. But I guess I wouldn't expect that before the end of the European tour.

This. A new record is at least a couple of years away (if at all) for me. Anyone seriously expecting one is going to be disappointed.

You guys need to seriously get over Dizzy, holy shit. 

The guy has been around since the 80s, has recorded 4 albuns and was part of the original band, has played in several solo albuns of members. Dizzy is a real member.

We could fn argue about Melissa, but Dizzy? Fuckin no. The guy is legit. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, default_ said:

You guys need to seriously get over Dizzy, holy shit. 

The guy has been around since the 80s, has recorded 4 albuns and was part of the original band, has played in several solo albuns of members. Dizzy is a real member.

We could fn argue about Melissa, but Dizzy? Fuckin no. The guy is legit. 

Yah I actually agree with this....however he could take a break during the AFD songs as his bongos are not really necessary.

alright ive known for a couple a days what the announcement has been thats why my screen name is what it is i hate to see u guys all suffer throught this waiting most of you will be disapointed  but one thing we can count on is the seeker wont be leaving the set list 

Guns n Roses is going on a double headlining tour with The Who 

1 minute ago, Gnrwho said:

and if you say that them playing with the who in peru argentina and chili is old news well what can i say

Well, yeah? What can you say? Why would they have a massive tease saying "back where it all began", yadayada, when they've already announced a bunch of dates with The Who? It's not that big of news at this point.

So tell us all where you have got this hot scoop from?