Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert Manchester UK

BlueJean Baby

11 minutes ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

I've heard the opposite. You have any idea how diffiult it is to check 18,000 people? If they check every single person the concert would have been held the next day. They check all the bags, but to pat down people, they do 1 out of 5 or in some cases 1 out of 10. 

The explosion supposedly happened outside the venue as people were exiting. 

1 hour ago, DexAxl said:

Security must be held accountable, I read somewhere that they are known for not checking bags and people which is completely unacceptable in world we are living in.

I'm sure Trump's visit to Saudi Arabia and his strong promise to destroy ISIS and similar groups as them fueled the fire.

The coward didn't have to go in, just had to blow himself up among the poor kids who had just exited... 

Absolutely dreadful. All those poor children and their families. :cry:

You know how parents wait for their children in the foyer? That was where the bomber detonated himself. I have a feeling some children would've lost a parent they expected to see.

I do not wish to rank these things but I cannot think of a terrorist incident more cowardly. The perpetrator specifically targeted a teeny concert!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

My thought are with everyone in the UK. This is big tragedy :cry: I'm sad and really pissed off. How the fuck this happened? Didn't police, organizers and security personel plan for everything after what we saw in Paris a couple of years ago? Police has to cover a wide radio outside any venue. That fuckin' terrorist should've never been where he was! 

1 hour ago, Padme said:

My thought are with everyone in the UK. This is big tragedy :cry: I'm sad and really pissed off. How the fuck this happened? Didn't police, organizers and security personel plan for everything after what we saw in Paris a couple of years ago? Police has to cover a wide radio outside any venue. That fuckin' terrorist should've never been where he was! 

How exactly do you plan for someone walking past the Manchester Arena with a backpack on?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

How exactly do you plan for someone walking past the Manchester Arena with a backpack on?

Exactly. There is no such thing like 100% safety. People are kidding themselves if they think there might be.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You said it yourself, backpack. Police should there checking. More check points, more police and security personel are necessary. This motherfucking asshole was too close to the venue.

You create a security cordon, a perimeter, around a venue and the venue and immediate vicinity is protected but not the perimeter through which people will still be entering and departing. You move the cordon back and you are merely shifting the perimeter further afield, but there will be still queues and so forth present - and so on.

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

You said it yourself, backpack. Police should there checking. More check points, more police and security personel are necessary. This motherfucking asshole was too close to the venue.

So every single concert in every major city should have an exclusion zone around any concert in which people should be routinely checked for any bit of baggage they are carrying to check to see if it has an explosive device in it?  How big should that exclusion zone be?  And bomb checking forces should sweep this area presumably?  Any particular criteria upon which people should be checked or just everybody?  Do you realise how complex that is logistically?  As in to the point of impossible.  And how long do you keep such proceedures going?  

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It involved as I recall a bus and a cliff.

carry on :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

It's an awful thing but let's not get carried away and live in even more of a police state than we already do.

Wtf???? We get check points at shows already. Last year I went to the AXL/DC show in London. I was at Dodger Stadium for the GN'R show. What I'm asking is more check points protecting a bigger area around the venue

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

So every single concert in every major city should have an exclusion zone around any concert in which people should be routinely checked for any bit of baggage they are carrying to check to see if it has an explosive device in it?  How big should that exclusion zone be?  And bomb checking forces should sweep this area presumably?  Any particular criteria upon which people should be checked or just everybody?  Do you realise how complex that is logistically?  As in to the point of impossible.  And how long do you keep such proceedures going?  

carry on :lol: 

I'm afraid yes, Do you have a better idea?  

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

I'm afraid yes, Do you have a better idea?  

Well yeah, a much easier simple cheaper one would be to cancel fuckin' pop concerts quite frankly, which is equally ridiculous.  Basically you'd cripple emergency services to a point where you'd make it easier for terrorists to just do a shot somewheres else.