Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert Manchester UK

BlueJean Baby

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

Wtf???? We get check points at shows already. Last year I went to the AXL/DC show in London. I was at Dodger Stadium for the GN'R show. What I'm asking is more check points protecting a bigger area around the venue

At the o2 in London you can't enter the arena without putting your bag, coat and phone through the scanning machine and then you have to walk through the metal detectors. You can still enter the foyer though, anyone can. Ive never been checked in any other UK arena, and I take bags with me. Only Manchester stadium checked me, but I'm guessing their staff are more trained in what to look for as they deal with the football crowds as well. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Well yeah, a much easier simple cheaper one would be to cancel fuckin' pop concerts quite frankly, which is equally ridiculous.  Basically you'd cripple emergency services to a point where you'd make it easier for terrorists to just do a shot somewheres else.

How many concerts do you have in one city at the same day at same time?

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

At the o2 in London you can't enter the arena without putting your bag, coat and phone through the scanning machine and then you have to walk through the metal detectors. You can still enter the foyer though, anyone can. Ive never been checked in any other UK arena, and I take bags with me. Only Manchester stadium checked me, but I'm guessing their staff are more trained in what to look for as they deal with the football crowds as well. 

Then don't bother. Nobody should check anything anywhere. After all if it so fuckin' useless as we see it is. Let' do nothing at all

4 minutes ago, Padme said:

How many concerts do you have in one city at the same day at same time?

How many concerts do you have over Europe though?  And then factor in football matches, all the weekend fixtures?  And how many other sports?  Then how many coppers do you have on the average police force?  Get the picture?

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

How many concerts do you have over Europe though?  And then factor in football matches, all the weekend fixtures?  And how many other sports?  Then how many coppers do you have on the average police force?  Get the picture?

Wantage Road, third day of a county championship fixture is a nightmare to police, what with that one old man and his dog. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

As I said, then let's do nothing at all. It is obviously useless. No more checking at airports, trains stations, stadiums, arenas, museums or government buildings

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

As I said, then let's do nothing at all. It is obviously useless. No more checking at airports, trains stations, stadiums, arenas, museums or government buildings

OR...we could remember we're a forum for a moribund 80s rock band and not a government body commisioned with the job of devising security measures across Europe? :lol:

12 minutes ago, Padme said:

Then don't bother. Nobody should check anything anywhere. After all if it so fuckin' useless as we see it is. Let' do nothing at all

Well, that's kind of what I was highlighting. They don't check very well at all, in most arenas I have been to in the UK. Only the o2 in London and at a stadium did they have any real system of checking. When you're at these places, no matter what checks have been made, you can still see situations where it would be easy for a terrorist to strike a large number of people in one go. 

17 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well, that's kind of what I was highlighting. They don't check very well at all, in most arenas I have been to in the UK. Only the o2 in London and at a stadium did they have any real system of checking. When you're at these places, no matter what checks have been made, you can still see situations where it would be easy for a terrorist to strike a large number of people in one go. 

Well,

if this is standard for football game security...

It is a nightmare for the parents of the Kids and all the others who lost their lives. Such an attack is so unfair! Assholes!

I do not want to Change my life and stay at home just because some assholes use concerts to kill as many People as possible!

I will attend 3 GNR Shows this summer and I only can pray and hope that no human being will destroy our lives. I have a small daughter but I dont want to let terrorists win over my leisure time. I am gonna go to all the concerts and just enjoy and hope everything will be fine.

I have no words however to describe how sorry I feel for Bataclan and Manchester victims

• Like 4

I'm not even gonna read this thread but this terrorist thing is pissing me off. Where the fuck do I go in order to avoid getting a fucking bomb over my head, ey? And by the way, they bombed an Ariana Grande concert? Hell, that's killing innocent children! Only little kids like her and go to her shit. Fuck, that man or those men? They killed little childrren!

1 minute ago, king2vo said:

I am in tears... So many children are missing. The youngest is only 8 years old. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/pls-help-frantic-parents-hunt-missing-kids-manchester-concert/

Fuckin' horrible. I'm pissed! Who the fuck does that? And to kids? LITTLE INNOCENT CHILDREN? Second graders? I'm puking. 

1 minute ago, john lennon said:

Fuckin' horrible. I'm pissed! Who the fuck does that? And to kids? LITTLE INNOCENT CHILDREN? Second graders? I'm puking. 

'Evil loser' - Donald Trump (gah I hate him but I had to quote him)

Just now, king2vo said:

'Evil loser' - Donald Trump (gah I hate him but I had to quote him)

Well for once in his life Trump said something with half an inch of intelligence to it. Ya know, fuck it. I don't care about these things most of the time, right? But I have a sister that age who adores Ariana Grande and I can only imagine how crushed I'd be had something like that happened to her. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Dont be such a minge, fuck em.  These are reasonably isolated incidents, i aint fuckin afraid to go nowhere cuz of some sad fuckin terrorist wanker, fuck em, if you're gonna die you're gonna die and most likely wont even see it comin', cant live your life afraid of shit like that.  

That is not exactly the primary reason why I no longer go to concerts haha.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Yes, cause these things only happen at concerts, and at every concert. Thats a fact

i thought you were a bit smarter.

Lost in translation I'm afraid. I do not go to concerts regardless but an added benefit of that is I evade all of the security 'anal cavity searches' rubbish (and yes, terrorism). Or to put it another way, if there was no such thing as terrorism, I still wouldn't be going to concerts.

52 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Lost in translation I'm afraid. I do not go to concerts regardless but an added benefit of that is I evade all of the security 'anal cavity searches' rubbish (and yes, terrorism). Or to put it another way, if there was no such thing as terrorism, I still wouldn't be going to concerts.

Basically, I couldn't be arsed as it is, the one percent risk of gettin' my arse blown into shredded Geordie has just sealed the deal :lol: