Explosion at Ariana Grande Concert Manchester UK

BlueJean Baby

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

Your reading into the bands intensions wrong with the song.

It's really not that hard to grasp it's been done out of respect. 

Yes but the hashtag, it was in aid of a Twitter silence earlier today?

2 hours ago, Archtop said:

Anyone else seeing the GnR #silence for Manchester tweet? Knocking on heavens door plays in the background. Is it me or does anyone else think this is in poor taste, maybe  being overly sensitive. 

Its pretty poor taste on the surface. If I were them I wouldn't use a tragedy with one of my own songs, nor that song in particular, but their intentions were probably good. Its just a bit clunky

Edited by Dan H.

4 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Its pretty poor taste on the surface. If I were them I wouldn't use a tragedy with one of my own songs, nor that song in particular, but their intentions were probably good. Its just a bit clunky

I know I'm making too much out of it, unfortunately the song also about Bill Garretts struggle with being hired to kill Billly the kid. Most people probably don't remember that Dylan wrote the song as a movie soundtrack. It just feels really inappropriate in this context.

All of this middle class Guardian reading crap - other countries putting up Union Jacks, vigils, one minute silences by braindead footballers, grabbing 'token Muslims' to deliver panegyrics - is all a bunch of liberal cock and balls. It is all fluff. None of it means anything. The best tribute one can do is to make sure this does not happen again. Unfortunately that would take the liberal intelligentsia to admit that uncontrolled immigration and radical Islamic proselytising are to blame and that will never happen.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

All of this middle class Guardian reading crap - other countries putting up Union Jacks, vigils, one minute silences by braindead footballers, grabbing 'token Muslims' to deliver panegyrics - is all a bunch of liberal cock and balls. It is all fluff. None of it means anything. The best tribute one can do is to make sure this does not happen again. Unfortunately that would take the liberal intelligentsia to admit that uncontrolled immigration and radical Islamic proselytising are to blame and that will never happen.

Uncontrolled immigration? The guy was born here as were 3 of the 4 London bombers. The other guy was Jamaican so not really a hotbed of Islamic extremism. 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

it's hard to stand united when people are arguing wether a song is appropriate or not.

this lack of unity (which is in our character, and shows both our diversity but also source of many conflicts in the past) will ultimately be our downfall. meanwhile the terrorists are laughing their ass off

Edited by action

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Balls to diversity is what I say. Guardian reading latte sipping cock and balls, that is what diversity is.

the jungle is a diverse place, with many different species and variations of species. in the jungle, terrorist attacks happen every day, every minute. this may seem chaotic, but actually every interaction is finetuned to the point of a delicate balance.

the natural state, is one of conflict.

then came along humans and they "cultivated" the land, introducing the concept of "anthropocentrism" and "development". machines are getting more advanced, species are getting wiped out.

i always like to think about how, somewhere in the universe, there are civilisations that are thousands, millions years more advanced than we.

...how diverse would such a civilisation be?

seeing how development and the eradication of diversity go hand in hand (the loss of species today is classed as a new mass extinction event), i doubt you'd see many different ideologies and species there. diversity breeds conflict, and conflict slows down development (or can throw you back to the middle ages)

Edited by action

Meanwhile this Ariana whatsherface has buggered off to Florida in a private jet. Nice. She could have at least visited the hospitals!

3 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Im sure the "Knocking On Heavens Door" tweet was mean't as a tribute nothing more nothing less. People read too much ihto things 

They're not exactly geniuses who run Guns N' Roses as we all know. I think their heart was in the right place even if their brain cells weren't.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Meanwhile this Ariana whatsherface has buggered off to Florida in a private jet. Nice. She could have at least visited the hospitals!

They're not exactly geniuses who run Guns N' Roses as we all know. I think their heart was in the right place even if their brain cells weren't.

Agreed i dont there was any bad intention meant though.

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

I too detest political correctness. But using 'middle class' in a derogatory way, saying that gestures of sympathy from other countries are meaningless and phony, that 'token Muslims' are used to deliver panegyrics when in actuality examples of good/normal Muslims are unfortunately necessary considering an aspect of England has this ugly, primitive, xenophobic mentality(ironic since you guys have colonized the whole world with your bullshit and have killed many, many children over there in the brown countries we don't like to care about.), disguising a feeble nothing as a strong assertion that we should "make sure this does not happen again" by admitting its all down to uncontrolled immigration... 

Is not being politically incorrect, it is being a self-indulgent asshole. Instead of simply being on the same page against these murderers you shit stir and create the necessity for the very thing you're complaining about.

That is an ironic statement considering you are in New Zealand!

Bugger off.

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

I'm half English, half my family is from there and lives there and how is being from New Zealand ironic? That's just another reason I know what I'm talking about lol. 

The majority of imperial atrocities were committed by colonial settlers and/or administrators with little central direction from Westminster. New Zealand would be a good example of the former, pertaining to the treatment of the Maoris. New Zealand is a product of white colonialism. Anyway, I do not know why you are bringing up this stuff? I cannot see its relevance in the slightest.

29 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Im sure the "Knocking On Heavens Door" tweet was mean't as a tribute nothing more nothing less. People read too much ihto things 

Exactly. And the #SilenceForManchester hashtag was trending ( over 83,000 last night), not sure why fussing about that either. 

I wasn't shocked by the use of this song. It was meant as a tribute and nothing else. 

33 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

She'll get a documentary out of this, dont you worry son.