How would you feel about "Lose Your Illusion" as the name of a new GN'R album?

I feel it works on so many levels.  A nod back to the Illusion albums.  Them when they reached so high there was no where to go but down.  The UYI tour began an era where Axl, Slash and Duff became the mainstays to the band with Izzy leaving and Steven being fired and with NITL, it's a reunion with Axl, Slash and Duff.  A new GN'R record won't be a purely AFD 5 record.  So fans need to lose that illusion.  Axl and Slash doing this tour probably required both of them to lose some notions they felt were realities.  Axl ended the Estranged music video trilogy with this message.  I imagine a new GN'R record would feature, to some extent, some concepts for tracks developed following the end of the UYI tour.  So this album title would play off that sort of connection as well

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

I think its a cool title but it might confuse some people as it is similar to UYI, and honestly I wouldnt want my first album in 25 years to be mistaken by my old album. 

If we get a new album we need something completely new and chocking.

38 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I feel it works on so many levels.  A nod back to the Illusion albums.  Them when they reached so high there was no where to go but down.  The UYI tour began an era where Axl, Slash and Duff became the mainstays to the band with Izzy leaving and Steven being fired and with NITL, it's a reunion with Axl, Slash and Duff.  A new GN'R record won't be a purely AFD 5 record.  So fans need to lose that illusion.  Axl and Slash doing this tour probably required both of them to lose some notions they felt were realities.  Axl ended the Estranged music video trilogy with this message.  I imagine a new GN'R record would feature, to some extent, some concepts for tracks developed following the end of the UYI tour.  So this album title would play off that sort of connection as well

I prefer a nod back to the Illusion albums rather than any kind of reference to Chineses Democracy.

2 minutes ago, supercool said:

I prefer a nod back to the Illusion albums rather than any kind of reference to Chineses Democracy.

Yeah, that was another thing I meant to highlight but probably didn't do a good enough job of.  With Axl, Slash and Duff being (most likely) the core original members behind a new album, I think a nod back to the Illusion era is really fitting

I feel like the band collectively want to forget about Use Your Illusion and this is reflected in the set list. Maybe those albums remind them of the band disintegrating. They've mentioned many times how difficult those years were on them personally and professionally. Axl in particular is dismissive towards those albums and how they turned out.

Edited by RONIN

7 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I feel like the band collectively want to forget about Use Your Illusion and this is reflected in the set list. Maybe those albums remind them of the band disintegrating. They've mentioned many times how difficult those years were on them personally and professionally. 

Good point

It's not a bad title for an UYI demo or outtake collection but I think at this point if the band wishes to proceed with new music they should come up with a new title and saga rather than a pun off their 25 year old work of a completely different time.

• Like 2