Jason Newsted: "GNR taught me what not to do"

46 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Newsted has nothing nice to say about anyone in the band from that era :lol:

"Whatever time homeboy decided to get on stage, or whatever time his psychic allowed him on stage"  :P  

Too much salt in his soup.

Well... I mean... He's not wrong. They were dickheads back then. There's no denying that. :lol: But so were the Metallica guys so he's not one to talk. 

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

Just now, tsinindy said:

Because he speaks the truth....please

But it's just funny that he's still bitter after 25 years. He left the biggest gig you could get and now he's playing clubs, that's why he's bitter. Meanwhile GN'R is earning a fuckload which was also obviously what he was asked about in the first place, their current tour. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

But it's just funny that he's still bitter after 25 years. He left the biggest gig you could get and now he's playing clubs, that's why he's bitter. Meanwhile GN'R is earning a fuckload which was also obviously what he was asked about in the first place, their current tour. 

Yah true there.....

2 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I thought part of the reason he quit was to get away from the stress of being in an extremely popular band? Club scene is a lot more laid back. Doubt he is jealous of the current GN'R tour. 

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

I thought part of the reason he quit was to get away from the stress of being in an extremely popular band? Club scene is a lot more laid back. Doubt he is jealous of the current GN'R tour. 

Yes and I'm sure he thought it was a good idea back then. But that was over 15 years ago, I doubt his bank account is as fully stocked as it was in 2001.

19 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

He quit because James specifically  was an abusive asshole and creatively he had no input.

• Like 2

He chirped the same statement back "92 or whenever.  And yeah- the psychic stories about when Axl can and can't go on are cuckoo....odd shit.  But Axl appears to be 'normal' now and no longer under that spell. 

• Like 1

Jason/Metallica trotted out the same "what NOT to do" BS on the Metallica "Behind The Music"- and to me it always made Guns seem like an authentically dangerous band and Metallica like a bunch of industry boot licking squares (and I like Metallica).

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, no1gooner said:

Interestingly the owner of Slane Castle said in a TV interview a few weeks back about Axl turning up late and consulting with his psychic before leaving Dublin to travel to the venue.

wa-hey, a gooner, top lad!

2 hours ago, AlexC said:

Yes and I'm sure he thought it was a good idea back then. But that was over 15 years ago, I doubt his bank account is as fully stocked as it was in 2001.

My exs family was from Battle Creek MI and some knew him from high school. I hear he is doing more than fine financially. 

Jason has always been kind of reclusive, I doubt he regrets his choice

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Jason/Metallica trotted out the same "what NOT to do" BS on the Metallica "Behind The Music"- and to me it always made Guns seem like an authentically dangerous band and Metallica like a bunch of industry boot licking squares (and I like Metallica).

Yeah that's exactly what I thought after watching that. Along with their cringeworthy description of Jägermeister. James: "It has a certain opiate in it that makes you act crazy, pissing on the bar... etc." I'm paraphrasing of course but that was the jist of it. Absolutely embarrassing. Sounded like a bunch of 15 year olds bragging about how "wasted" they got at some shit party.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

I've been under the assumption that Jason was the good guy in the band, or am I mistaken?

Yeah it's James and Lars who are considered tools. Kirk is lovely as is Rob and I've never heard anyone say that Jason was a dick. I don't know any of them obviously but that's what 'they' say.

Just now, AslatIE said:

I've been under the assumption that Jason was the good guy in the band, or am I mistaken?

There's a few videos of him, James and Lars floating around where they're not exactly acting like choir boys if you know what I mean. But overall I don't think he's a bad guy. :shrugs: