Jason Newsted: "GNR taught me what not to do"

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not agree with that. I for instance am a gigantic Rusty but you'll not see me defending some of Shakey's lesser efforts.

Good point. But I think if anyone talks negatively about someones favorite artist, a sizeable amount of their fans will be quick to defend their idols

Metallica are a bunch of douche bags, especially after the Napster era. After the black album I lost interest in them.

Hetfield/Axl dislike each other (egos egos egos) and Lars love Axl.

Give Metallica credit, their shows are selling well for the upcoming tour in the states, but they have a bunch of trendy modern bands opening up for them which helps a lot.

6 hours ago, crashoride said:

Metallica are a bunch of douche bags, especially after the Napster era. After the black album I lost interest in them.

Give Metallica credit, their shows are selling well for the upcoming tour in the states, but they have a bunch of trendy modern bands opening up for them which helps a lot.

And that's why the music business is a business. 

• Like 2

Newstead who does he play for now? HMMN - sounds like a guy who had his bass erased for in justice for all - He is so smart he must be in band huh? lol I seen you homie with OZZY AND ZAKK WYLDE - you couldnt keep up and they let it you  go from the gig- practice your bass not your mouth

• Like 1

16 hours ago, crashoride said:

Metallica sell's out because of them not the opening acts. Some people here really have to acknowledge Metallica is much better as a BAND than this guys. I mean I love Axl n Slash and everything here but they've been playing the same songs for 30 years.. nothing new, nothing fresh. Maybe some of the Metallica 90-00's albums weren't the best, at least they try. Last two times i went to a Metallica concert they played a bunch of new songs, because they ARE  a band.. let's see what happens next the money grab here

Part of Axl's greatness was his unpredictability. He didn't do anything unless he felt it. Of course that lead to alot of frustration but at least the guy was genuine. My only gripe is the lack of any new material. Then again, no one really cares much when legacy bands release new material anyway, but I'd still love to hear it. :) 

3 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

Newstead who does he play for now? HMMN - sounds like a guy who had his bass erased for in justice for all - He is so smart he must be in band huh? lol I seen you homie with OZZY AND ZAKK WYLDE - you couldnt keep up and they let it you  go from the gig- practice your bass not your mouth

Are you just going out of your way to kiss Axl's ass? :lol:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, passenger57 said:

Part of Axl's greatness was his unpredictability. He didn't do anything unless he felt it. Of course that lead to alot of frustration but at least the guy was genuine. My only gripe is the lack of any new material. Then again, no one really cares much when legacy bands release new material anyway, but I'd still love to hear it. :) 

mm not really. If the new material is good you should care! Last Metallica's album is great stuff 

On 5/26/2017 at 3:24 PM, tsinindy said:

Weird isn't it....Rob is clearly a better bass player, but there's something about Jason that's missing.

This!

That something is attitude. When he screams he fucking screams like he means it

On 5/27/2017 at 8:10 AM, SEPTEM said:

Yep man.. Thanks..  Things are undescribeble hard here.

Goberment is killing people (specially teenagers) every day since about 50 days a go ( we have 67 deaths so far and counting)

Yesterday they broke in to a building close to where i live and just took people away to "military jails", broke a part every single car on their way and killed 2 guys.

And there s. so much more i can tell u.  This is literally a living hell.

Im sorry to bring up all of this.  I apologyze to everybody for writing this, now more than ever GNR is my little window to smile and enjoy.  

Thanks for asking man. 

S.O.S       Venezuela

Sending good thoughts from Serbia. Grew up in Yugoslavia in the 90s and where I live it was never THAT fucked up but I can totally relate to you

3 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Metallica sell's out because of them not the opening acts. Some people here really have to acknowledge Metallica is much better as a BAND than this guys. I mean I love Axl n Slash and everything here but they've been playing the same songs for 30 years.. nothing new, nothing fresh. Maybe some of the Metallica 90-00's albums weren't the best, at least they try. Last two times i went to a Metallica concert they played a bunch of new songs, because they ARE  a band.. let's see what happens next the money grab here

How big part of Metallica's set list was new material  (approximately)?

2 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

How big part of Metallica's set list was new material  (approximately)?

Since 2010 i went three times. First one they were presenting Death Magnetic and i don't remember the exact number but maybe 4 or 5 songs .. and this year they played 5 songs of  Hardwired... 5 songs it's pretty much i think 

3 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

Since 2010 i went three times. First one they were presenting Death Magnetic and i don't remember the exact number but maybe 4 or 5 songs .. and this year they played 5 songs of  Hardwired... 5 songs it's pretty much i think 

OK. Good to know. 

5 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

This is exactly right.  I saw Ozzy with Trujillo a few times and then Ozzy with Newstead that one tour.  NOTICEABLE difference.  Trujillo is light years better than Newstead.  Oh, and hear Newsteads music?  That's why he had no input with Metallica.  That shit was garbage.  How much of a douche did he look like in that video from his last solo shit walking in the street power lipping to his songs.  This was a guy made from your local bar scene who got lucky being picked by two guys, Hetfield and Lars, who were fucked up at the time.  Trujillo is actually showcased quite a bit during Metallica's live shows and it sounded like he was more a part of this last album than Kirk was.  Fuck off Newstead.  He quit on his own solo band within a year.

• Like 1

On 30/5/2017 at 2:02 PM, Nicklord said:

Sending good thoughts from Serbia. Grew up in Yugoslavia in the 90s and where I live it was never THAT fucked up but I can totally relate to you

Thanks man.  This is a nightmare.   

On 30/05/2017 at 8:45 PM, trev said:

This is exactly right.  I saw Ozzy with Trujillo a few times and then Ozzy with Newstead that one tour.  NOTICEABLE difference.  Trujillo is light years better than Newstead.  Oh, and hear Newsteads music?  That's why he had no input with Metallica.  That shit was garbage.  How much of a douche did he look like in that video from his last solo shit walking in the street power lipping to his songs.  This was a guy made from your local bar scene who got lucky being picked by two guys, Hetfield and Lars, who were fucked up at the time.  Trujillo is actually showcased quite a bit during Metallica's live shows and it sounded like he was more a part of this last album than Kirk was.  Fuck off Newstead.  He quit on his own solo band within a year.

Trujillo is outclassing Newsted. I think this has been demonstrated enough in those rehearsal videos. Two things, Trujillo is playing with his fingers, Newsted with a pick.

Newstead thought that his failed Echobrain project could hurt Metallica's success and that Hetfield wasn't happy about that.

Edited by Silent Jay

On 5/30/2017 at 2:02 PM, Nicklord said:

:lol:  God that was awkward, painful, and nerdy.  Not to mention it sounded like shit.

On 5/30/2017 at 9:58 AM, agustingloger said:

mm not really. If the new material is good you should care! Last Metallica's album is great stuff 

For fans of course. It just has a different impact when you grow up with the music and the band. When I hear GnR I think about my youth. When they were young too. Can't ever get that back but it's great to relive it with all the great fans here. GnR will always be my fav band (after the Beatles maybe) haha

Edited by passenger57
  • Like 1

Lol I had no idea who this guy was. Anyway... I prefer waiting for 3 hours to have Axl be at the top of his game rather than hearing a mediocre band showing up on time.

What a load of BS in this interview. He wants to acts so perfect but he lacks something essential: charisma. Very surprised that most people seem to support this "Mr perfect", what an incredible era we live in.

(can't wait til the Paris gig. Fuck all of this negative bullshit, Axl is still the man to me)

Edited by D..

On 30/05/2017 at 7:45 PM, trev said:

Newsted wrote Blackened and My Friend Misery, both of which are superior than anything Metallica have recorded since Newsted left.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Newsted wrote Blackened and My Friend Misery, both of which are superior than anything Metallica have recorded since Newsted left.

Nah, not even close to best songs on their respective albums....though they are solid tunes.

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are joking? Blackened pisses on the whole of Death Magnetic and Hardwired.

Did you read what I said?  I may have misunderstood what you were saying.  I certainly agree those are better tunes than anything MET has put out of late, but then again what isn't?