New Steven interview: "I'd like to play more songs with GNR"

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Well, next time you find yourself confused ask instead of assuming.

Seriously?  lol, I'll get right on that. It's surely someone else's fault you failed to communicate effectively what you were trying to say....geeze.

Well it's been a couple of months since he whined about not being fair to him, he was due to start whining he wanted to play more with them.

2 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Didn't he say he was done with Guns and the shows weren't fun or something along those lines a few months ago? 

He did, but when that didn't lead to Axl/Duff/Slash begging him to reconsider and offering him more playing time if he did, he circled back to saying he wants to play with GNR some more so now everyone will be 'OMG let poor Steven play!'.

• Like 1

I'm a Thunderchucker guy- but Steven provides an undeniable lift to the proceedings when he comes out. Certainly did at my show (Dodger Stadium #2). Would be great if everyone could at least get a little Adler. Hope he's involved again somehow...

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

He did, but when that didn't lead to Axl/Duff/Slash begging him to reconsider and offering him more playing time if he did, he circled back to saying he wants to play with GNR some more so now everyone will be 'OMG let poor Steven play!'.

Total agree with this. His shtick gets annoying.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

All those comments from fans about his integrity seem a little silly now, no? What happened to only playing with the band if they did it "right"?

Doesn't he say the same thing as during that radio interview? Not wanting to travel the world just to play 2 songs?

10 hours ago, EvanG said:

Doesn't he say the same thing as during that radio interview? Not wanting to travel the world just to play 2 songs?

Sure, but he also made it clear he only wanted to be involved in the future if they did it "right" (with him and Izzy). I have no idea what lies @BorderlineCrazy is talking about. They are Stevens words not mine.

On May 24, 2017 at 2:50 PM, Sunset Gardner said:

steven looks great and sounds great… i wish fat elvis and Team Yes would get over themselves and reunite guns n' roses.  

Exactly! It's pretty insulting to the fans that Axl is prioritizing more money for his tacos and donuts over giving his fan base a proper "thank you" for the couple hundred million this GNR cover band tour has generated over the past year. 

I'm really hoping that a lot of the fans intend to boycott these additional NA tour dates, unless Axl puts the AFD5 back together instead of more of the same tired Axl, Slash, Duff and the nobodies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, todreamofwolves said:

I'm really hoping that a lot of the fans intend to boycott these additional NA tour dates, unless Axl puts the AFD5 back together instead of more of the same tired Axl, Slash, Duff and the nobodies

The rest of the fanbase doesn't consider themselves as important as you do, but by all means, dream on. These shows will sell a shit load and so they should, it's a great show.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

It would be so cool if all the Steven haters could actually listen to what he said instead of making shit up. From the very first interview he made it clear that he wanted to play more songs, that was the big issue. He even explained how it seemed in the beginning that he was going to play all his material and Frank would play Illusions/CD/covers. 

He did say he and Izzy wanted to do it right, he did say he wants Izzy to be involved but he never put those things as conditions to perform with the band again. He never said "I'm not playing again unless Melissa is fired because it's not right for GNR to have two keyboard players" or shit like that. He mentioned how awesome he thinks Fortus is (even said they wrote a song together) and what a great guy Frank is and how he would have no problem sharing the bill with him as long as he got to play more.

So hate Steven all you want, talk all the shit about him that you want but stop lying, what he said in this interview was the same thing he said to Mitch Lafon (shows were great, it was heartbreaking to see someone else playing his songs, he wanted to play more...).

The last interview I remember from him he was complaining about not playing enough on a particular night or how it wasn't worth the travel to do 1 or 2 songs and he wouldn't do it again unless it was "right". 

Of course between then and now nobody begged him to reconsider and Guns N'Roses somehow manage to survive, continue to tour and even add more tour dates without Steven Adler's confirmed involvement. So now he's back to "I'd love to play for GNR if only they'd ask me just one more time" so everyone feels bad for him - again. If/when he does play with them, he'll be complaining if it wasn't exactly what he wanted to it be - again. 

13 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Exactly! It's pretty insulting to the fans that Axl is prioritizing more money for his tacos and donuts over giving his fan base a proper "thank you" for the couple hundred million this GNR cover band tour has generated over the past year. 

I'm really hoping that a lot of the fans intend to boycott these additional NA tour dates, unless Axl puts the AFD5 back together instead of more of the same tired Axl, Slash, Duff and the nobodies.

The majority of fans reaction to hearing Guns N'Roses are playing near by is "Awesome! GNR! That'll be fun!" Not "Well is Steven Adler going to be there?"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

The last interview I remember from him he was complaining about not playing enough on a particular night or how it wasn't worth the travel to do 1 or 2 songs and he wouldn't do it again unless it was "right". 

Of course between then and now nobody begged him to reconsider and Guns N'Roses somehow manage to survive, continue to tour and even add more tour dates without Steven Adler's confirmed involvement. So now he's back to "I'd love to play for GNR if only they'd ask me just one more time" so everyone feels bad for him - again. If/when he does play with them, he'll be complaining if it wasn't exactly what he wanted to it be - again. 

Exactly, that was his problem then and that is his problem now. He wants to play more songs. That's exactly what he said in this interview.

He made it clear what he wants, he wants to play his material while other drummer (Frank, Matt, doesn't matter) handles the rest of the set. If the band decided to let him do that, he wouldn't be complaining at all. If the band ever let him do that and then he complains because he wants to play the entire set, you'll have a point, so far he's saying the same thing he was saying months ago and claiming he's changing his tune is bullshit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Exactly, that was his problem then and that is his problem now. He wants to play more songs. That's exactly what he said in this interview.

He made it clear what he wants, he wants to play his material while other drummer (Frank, Matt, doesn't matter) handles the rest of the set. If the band decided to let him do that, he wouldn't be complaining at all. If the band ever let him do that and then he complains because he wants to play the entire set, you'll have a point, so far he's saying the same thing he was saying months ago and claiming he's changing his tune is bullshit.

Oh, one way or another, Steven Adler will be complaining about something. I think we know that by now.

He's not in the band. They could have left him out of this thing entirely but they let him guest on a song or two here and there, probably just to be nice. And then he shows up to shows he's not scheduled for expecting to play, has to have his drum kit turned off to get him off stage and goes on the radio whining about how it was cool but they were mean to him, yadda, yadda, yadda. I don't know why people think they're supposed to give half the set list to a guy who's not actually in the band.

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Oh, one way or another, Steven Adler will be complaining about something. I think we know that by now.

He's not in the band. They could have left him out of this thing entirely but they let him guest on a song or two here and there, probably just to be nice. And then he shows up to shows he's not scheduled for expecting to play, has to have his drum kit turned off to get him off stage and goes on the radio whining about how it was cool but they were mean to him, yadda, yadda, yadda. I don't know why people think they're supposed to give half the set list to a guy who's not actually in the band.

Do you ever post anything besides anti Adler crap?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Do you ever post anything besides anti Adler crap?

Does it matter? If someone says Steven sucks someone else will be there to say he doesn't. If someone is there to say that Steven is great someone will be there to disagree (Modano09 will likely be one of them). If someone says they like the current version of the band there are plenty of people to jump on and say that it isn't Guns n' Roses without Izzy (and sometimes Steven). Or complaining about Frank.

Any conversation that includes Fortus turns into a spiral of muck anymore.

Everyone has their preferences and pet peeves and they will react whenever the topic comes up. :shrugs:

7 hours ago, Modano09 said:

I really don't care what you think about him, but stop lying. This forum is filled with people making up stories. At least stick to the truth. First of all, he didn't complain once. He was just honest. I know we're not used to that with this band, but it can actually happen. And secondly, he's not saying anything different from a few months ago. He is really happy his dream came true of playing with the band again, but he doesn't want to continue playing sporadic shows playing only two songs. Totally makes sense.

4 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Everyone has their preferences and pet peeves and they will react whenever the topic comes up. :shrugs:

I really don't care what people's opinion on certain members are... each to their own, right? But it gets a bit annoying when people are simply lying and stating things that didn't even happen.

• Like 4