New Steven interview: "I'd like to play more songs with GNR"

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I really don't care what you think about him, but stop lying. This forum is filled with people making up stories. At least stick to the truth. First of all, he didn't complain once. He was just honest. I know we're not used to that with this band, but it can actually happen. And secondly, he's not saying anything different from a few months ago. He is really happy his dream came true of playing with the band again, but he doesn't want to continue playing sporadic shows playing only two songs. Totally makes sense.

I really don't care what people's opinion on certain members are... each to their own, right? But it gets a bit annoying when people are simply lying and stating things that didn't even happen.

You are completely right, Steven never complains about anything or talks shit about band members. Honest? How about keeping your mouth shut and respecting the people who made it possible for you to once again play stadium shows around the world? You are aware that Steven is pretty much retired, right? Because he can't even fill clubs on his own, foot mouth, shot foot.

3 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

You are completely right, Steven never complains about anything or talks shit about band members. Honest? How about keeping your mouth shut and respecting the people who made it possible for you to once again play stadium shows around the world? You are aware that Steven is pretty much retired, right? Because he can't even fill clubs on his own, foot mouth, shot foot.

Eh. Steven can complain about whatever it is he wants to complain about. It is his life to live. His decision to make. If that closes doors for him that is his problem. It is between him and the people who close the doors. If those people decide not to close the door on him that too is between him and them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

I really don't care what you think about him, but stop lying. This forum is filled with people making up stories. At least stick to the truth. First of all, he didn't complain once. He was just honest. I know we're not used to that with this band, but it can actually happen. And secondly, he's not saying anything different from a few months ago. He is really happy his dream came true of playing with the band again, but he doesn't want to continue playing sporadic shows playing only two songs. Totally makes sense.

I really don't care what people's opinion on certain members are... each to their own, right? But it gets a bit annoying when people are simply lying and stating things that didn't even happen.

What am I lying about? 

Sure, he's "being honest". By expressing opinions and telling stories that don't need to be told, all with his trademark "poor me" spin on them. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

That's beyond ridiculous. He is Guns N' Roses' original drummer and he was part of arguably the greatest hard rock album ever released so every single fn' time GNR gets to play a stadium, there's only one drummer to take credit for it and that's Steven Adler, not Frank Ferrer or whoever employee the band has at the time.

I don't recall Duff playing stadiums with Loaded, in fact he was playing the same places as Steven at least in Argentina. Even with all the albums he released, even being part not only of GNR but also VR, he barely managed to become a more relevant musician than Steven Adler on his own.

Guns N' Roses is the band that gave these five guys, not just Steven, a career. Unlike Steven, Slash, Duff and Izzy decided to quit themselves, yet I've seen the three of them talking shit about Axl/the band. We've also seen other bands that toured with GNR or knew them talking shit about them. Any normal person would assume that neither of these guys are perfect and there are things to criticize but there's people on this forum (let alone the others, where delusion reigns and criticism is pretty much forbbiden) justifying them all the time and putting the blame on whoever's criticizing them at the time. Anyone who's read/heard Steven's interviews know that for every bad thing he said about the band or a certain member of the band, he said twenty positive things. It's not his fault if people gets upset because he criticized their idols or because he caused controversy for saying exactly what he thinks instead of giving absurd, vague answers like Axl and Duff did on the brazilian interview.

Steven is pretty much retired, so what? Izzy was loosing money with the Ju Ju Hounds tour while GNR were playing stadiums all over the world playing many of his songs. Talent is irrelevant, people care about icons and that's Slash and Axl in GNR (needless to say, they're two immense talents as well, greatest gutar player and singer I've ever seen), you can put anyone else to complete the band and most people won't care. Axl even got away with using the name by himself for some time and maybe he would have managed to stay that way if handled things better (releasing albums, doing tours that he cancelled) and it would be insane to think Axl is GNR and the other four had nothing to do with what GNR became.

Steven Adler doesn't need a big crowd or some stupid accolade (he's a hall of fame inductee, though, unlike Frank) to be important. He was part of GNR for five years and he was fucked up out of his mind all the time, yet he left his mark in rock history forever, he has nothing to prove. The super skilled and professional Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer have been in the band for over a decade and were part of Chinese Democracy, yet who the fuck are they? Even (at least) half of the fanbase don't care about them.

There's no reason why Steven should respect Slash, Axl and Duff more than they respect him, yet he mentioned in every interview he did this year how much he loves each one of them and how awesome they are. When was the last time Axl praised Steven or acknowledged how great he is/how important he was to the band?

Guns N Roses is not 5 guys. If you like that line up the best, great, fantastic line up and great album but guns is what happened then and what happened after. i Love appetite but i think i like UYI more.

You are right duff wasn't playing stadiums, but duff has done far better since GNR than steven, steven's band was supporting Loaded after all (and he almost burned that bridge), but whatever. My point is obviously the guys have reason to be wary, right? Actions speak louder than words. I think Steven is a better drummer than Sorum (for my taste) yet, no VR, etc, why? He got a great opportunity to play in front of thousands of fans and you know very well the band didn't have to do that for him. Would you at least concede, since they didn't advertise his appearance that they did that for him and the fans? Why else was he there?

I know Steven quite well and I like him, I don't have a problem with him being the drummer in GNR or not it just annoys me how anyone who is not involved suddenly becomes a saint and the rest become whatever the phrase of the month is, i mean, fuck, who really didn't take Axl at his word when he said "not in this lifetime"? I never thought this would happen and maybe you didn't either? But many here seem to have got tired very quickly.

Steven is not involved full time because he is not reliable and or liked, now level that same accusation at Axl from duff and slash's comments and it fits historically, but Axl's part in GNR is far bigger than stevens part. Not taking anything away from him, he did far more with appetite than i've ever done with my life, but he was sacked for a reason and he's not been invited to the big solo gigs and bands for a reason: the band find him difficult to deal with, clearly.

I have known a couple of famous people in my life and they are all fucking crazy. I don't know everyone in GNR but spent some good time with steven and he is just as much a diva as Axl is portrayed in the press (I don't know Axl in real life), he's a famous fuck, millionaire and he acts as such (just like i would).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Eh. Steven can complain about whatever it is he wants to complain about. It is his life to live. His decision to make. If that closes doors for him that is his problem. It is between him and the people who close the doors. If those people decide not to close the door on him that too is between him and them.

I agree completely with your post.

17 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

I don't know if he never complains about anything. I don't know him personally and haven't read every interview this guy has ever given like you apparently have. I'm only talking about this example. Why should he keep his mouth shut? He obviously talked about this because they asked him during an interview and he was positive about the whole experience. Yes, he said he didn't want to do just two songs anymore, that's fair... I don't think Slash or Duff would be touring with Axl if they could only come on stage for two songs each night. He didn't say anything wrong. I would agree with you if he was being a total dick, but the truth of the matter is that he hasn't said anything wrong whatsoever, he even praised all the other members, including the 'new ones'. So why do you have such a problem with this?

I have no idea why you have to mention that Steven is retired. I don't care. That has nothing to do with what we're talking about. 

13 hours ago, Modano09 said:

What am I lying about? 

That he was complaing. Ok, maybe we have a different definition of 'complaining' but in my book complaining is being mostly negative and whining, I didn't hear him being negative in this interview or that radio interview. More the opposite. You also mentioned that he changed his story, but that never happened either. He's saying the same thing now as he did a few months ago.

You guys should stop judging the guy on whatever he said or did many years ago that makes you still so pissed off at him. Judge him on what he's saying and doing now. And so far he hasn't done anything wrong but being honest about the whole situation without being negative or taking a stab at anyone. If anything, he's only been positive about it.

Edited by EvanG

28 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't know if he never complains about anything. I don't know him personally and haven't read every interview this guy has ever given like you apparently have. I'm only talking about this example. Why should he keep his mouth shut? He obviously talked about this because they asked him during an interview and he was positive about the whole experience. Yes, he said he didn't want to do just two songs anymore, that's fair... I don't think Slash or Duff would be touring with Axl if they could only come on stage for two songs each night. He didn't say anything wrong. I would agree with you if he was being a total dick, but the truth of the matter is that he hasn't said anything wrong whatsoever, he even praised all the other members, including the 'new ones'. So why do you have such a problem with this?

I have no idea why you have to mention that Steven is retired. I don't care. That has nothing to do with what we're talking about. 

That he was complaing. Ok, maybe we have a different definition of 'complaining' but in my book complaining is being mostly negative and whining, I didn't hear him being negative in this interview or that radio interview. More the opposite. You also mentioned that he changed his story, but that never happened either. He's saying the same thing now as he did a few months ago.

Two minutes in and he's already complained about travelling to Argentina and only getting to play 1 song each night and how he doesn't understand why they have Frank playing his songs when he's right there.

None of that is anything that really has to be said publicly.

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Two minutes in and he's already complained about travelling to Argentina and only getting to play 1 song each night and how he doesn't understand why they have Frank playing his songs when he's right there.

None of that is anything that really has to be said publicly.

You put such a negative spin on it. I'm not sure which interview you're talking about because he never even complained about travelling to Argentina. He is literally saying: ''I just wish I could play more songs because I wanna do more with them'' and immediately follows it up with: ''but I'm thankful that I got to do anything''. Such complaining, huh?

I just can't understand what's so wrong with being honest WITHOUT being negative. 

You're weird.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

You put such a negative spin on it. I'm not sure which interview you're talking about because he never even complained about travelling to Argentina. He is literally saying: ''I just wish I could play more songs because I wanna do more with them'' and immediately follows it up with: ''but I'm thankful that I got to do anything''. Such complaining, huh?

I just can't understand what's so wrong with being honest WITHOUT being negative. 

You're weird.

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Yeah, I listened to it a few months ago, and I was in the same discussion as I am now. Count how many times he is praising or being positive about the other guys or how glad he is that his dream came true. The fact that he is honest enough to say that he wished he could play more songs because he loves that band so much is absolutely nothing wrong with. If you're actually offended by that, then good luck in life... you're gonna need it. They will eat you alive.

41 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, I listened to it a few months ago, and I was in the same discussion as I am now. Count how many times he is praising or being positive about the other guys or how glad he is that his dream came true. The fact that he is honest enough to say that he wished he could play more songs because he loves that band so much is absolutely nothing wrong with. If you're actually offended by that, then good luck in life... you're gonna need it. They will eat you alive.

I'm not offended, but it's pretty consistent with the type of attitude that gets him left out of these sorts of things. Call it "honest" all you want but there's no reason has to point out he had to go all the way to Argentina to only play one song each night or that he's standing on the side every night wanting to play his songs but they won't let him.

What I got out of that interview is that STEVEN still thinks there's a "chance" that he'll play with them again. That's why he was careful not to say much. He wouldn't even speak about IZZY. He's let it be known that he's willing and able to do as much as they need him or want him. It remains to be seen whether they'll ever ask him to do a gust appearance or not, but it's obvious he still believes it's a possibility otherwise he'd be talking more.

I think it becomes more of a possibility as time goes on and interest in the AXL, SLASH, DUFF reunion wanes and if they don't produce new music. They'll have to pull something out of the proverbial hat and STEVEN and/or IZZY are easy ways to do that.

Edited by thunderram

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

I'm not offended, but it's pretty consistent with the type of attitude that gets him left out of these sorts of things. Call it "honest" all you want but there's no reason has to point out he had to go all the way to Argentina to only play one song each night or that he's standing on the side every night wanting to play his songs but they won't let him.

There's no reason not to say it when he gets asked about it. What's the point in lying? Maybe there would be if he was offending someone by saying that, but I doubt anyone is getting their feelings hurt because of him saying he would love to play more songs. It's kinda obvious anyway, I'm sure the rest of the band knows that.

You would have a point if he was being very negative and insulting, but that's not the case at all. He's being nothing but positive and being frank about wanting to do more because he loves the band so much. Big deal. 

26 minutes ago, EvanG said:

There's no reason not to say it when he gets asked about it. What's the point in lying? Maybe there would be if he was offending someone by saying that, but I doubt anyone is getting their feelings hurt because of him saying he would love to play more songs. It's kinda obvious anyway, I'm sure the rest of the band knows that.

You would have a point if he was being very negative and insulting, but that's not the case at all. He's being nothing but positive and being frank about wanting to do more because he loves the band so much. Big deal. 

Nobody asked him why he only played 1 song each night in Argentina. Nobody asked him what he thought about traveling that far just to do one song. Nobody asked him how he feels seeing Frank play his songs while he's standing there watching and that all came out of his mouth 2 minutes in! It's what he does, since the time he was thrown out of the band he's played the victim and some people eat it up. 

17 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Nobody asked him why he only played 1 song each night in Argentina. Nobody asked him what he thought about traveling that far just to do one song. Nobody asked him how he feels seeing Frank play his songs while he's standing there watching and that all came out of his mouth 2 minutes in! It's what he does, since the time he was thrown out of the band he's played the victim and some people eat it up. 

My god... my fucking god... Do you even understand how questions work? He was doing a fucking interview and they asked him about his experience playing with GnR, and because he's such childlike person full of enthusiasm, he immediately tells it all without leaving anything out. Which means saying how much he loves everyone in that band and how his dream came true and that he wished he could play more songs because he loves that band and it's hard for him not doing the whole show. And all of that without being negative. If you were right about it I would be the first one to admit it and I'd be saying the exact same thing you are saying, but you're wrong. You're just such a negative person that you can't even understand that.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time explaining this over and over to someone who is not going to understand this anyway. 

Have fun being negative.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

My god... my fucking god... Do you even understand how questions work? He was doing a fucking interview and they asked him about his experience playing with GnR, and because he's such childlike person full of enthusiasm, he immediately tells it all without leaving anything out. Which means saying how much he loves everyone in that band and how his dream came true and that he wished he could play more songs because he loves that band and it's hard for him not doing the whole show. And all of that without being negative. If you were right about it I would be the first one to admit it and I'd be saying the exact same thing you are saying, but you're wrong. You're just such a negative person that you can't even understand that.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time explaining this over and over to someone who is not going to understand this anyway. 

Have fun being negative.

Oh so he's so happy and positive he can't help but mention the negative. Well that makes sense. 

And again, there's about 20 years of him giving similar "hey it was great, good times, here's all the ways the screwed me over but it was awesome man" interviews. 

• Like 1

Just now, Modano09 said:

Oh so he's so happy and positive he can't help but mention the negative. Well that makes sense. 

And again, there's about 20 years of him giving similar "hey it was great, good times, here's all the ways the screwed me over but it was awesome man" interviews. 

How the fuck is saying that he wish he could do more songs because he loves that band fucking negative? You have no clue, do you?

Stop going on about what happened before... Axl called Slash a cancer, Slash badmouthed Axl, Duff talked shit about Axl, Axl did this, he did that, they did that. Who gives a shit? I'm only talking about these interviews since their 'reunion' show

21 minutes ago, EvanG said:

How the fuck is saying that he wish he could do more songs because he loves that band fucking negative? You have no clue, do you?

Stop going on about what happened before... Axl called Slash a cancer, Slash badmouthed Axl, Duff talked shit about Axl, Axl did this, he did that, they did that. Who gives a shit? I'm only talking about these interviews since their 'reunion' show

Because he's making sure it's out there that he wants to play more but they won't let him. He makes sure to mention he traveled all the way to Argentina and they only let him play one song each night. He makes sure we all know he's standing by the stage dying to play but they won't let him. It's the same victim act he's always played. Poor Steven showed up at a show he wasn't supposed to being playing on and they only let him play one song. Poor Steven. 

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Because he's making sure it's out there that he wants to play more but they won't let him. He makes sure to mention he traveled all the way to Argentina and they only let him play one song each night. He makes sure we all know he's standing by the stage dying to play but they won't let him. It's the same victim act he's always played. Poor Steven showed up at a show he wasn't supposed to being playing on and they only let him play one song. Poor Steven. 

Are you seriously making an assumption now? You're a fucking guy on the internet and you're making assumptions about someone you don't even know? Get the fuck outta here.

I tried to take you seriously for a second here, that's why I kept responding, but now you're just embarrassing and disqualifying yourself.

Just now, EvanG said:

Are you seriously making an assumption now? You're a fucking guy on the internet and you're making assumptions about someone you don't even know? Get the fuck outta here.

I tried to take you seriously for a second here, that's why I kept responding, but now you're just embarrassing and disqualifying yourself.

Again, 20 plus years of the same sort of interview and you get a pretty good indication of his personality. From the time he was kicked out of GNR, whether it be for legal or image reasons, he's played the victim. He can't keep his mouth shut and nothing is ever his fault. And for a guy I don't know, I can predict his behavior pretty accurately. 

9 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Again, 20 plus years of the same sort of interview and you get a pretty good indication of his personality. From the time he was kicked out of GNR, whether it be for legal or image reasons, he's played the victim. He can't keep his mouth shut and nothing is ever his fault. And for a guy I don't know, I can predict his behavior pretty accurately. 

If you bothered to even listen to both those two interviews that I'm talking about, then you can count how many times he says it was his fault and that he fucked up, and a lot of other comments that someone who is ''playing the victim'' wouldn't be saying. I'm not talking about whatever a hopeless junkie has said in the last two decades of interviews because I didn't read them. Again, for the 3rd time now, I'm talking about these last two interviews. Never is he complaining or playing the victim. You have a very warped view, apparently from reading a lot of shit about this guy who has spent most of his life being a fuck up. And even if you've read every interview this guy has ever given, you're still fucking arrogant thinking you know someone. That's not how it works.

Edited by EvanG

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

If you bothered to even listen to both those two interviews that I'm talking about, then you can count how many times he says it was his fault and that he fucked up, and a lot of other comments that someone who is ''playing the victim'' wouldn't be saying. I'm not talking about whatever a hopeless junkie has said in the last two decades of interviews because I didn't read them. Again, for the 3rd time now, I'm talking about these last two interviews. Never is he complaining or playing the victim. You have a very warped view, apparently from reading a lot of shit about this guy who has spent most of his life being a fuck up. And even if you've read every interview this guy has ever given, you're still fucking arrogant thinking you know someone. You obviously don't know shit.

Oh he's still a fuck up. That's why he only gets to play here and there, because they can't rely on him for anything major. The guy couldn't even keep track of what night was supposed to play in Argentina. Although my guess is he just showed up expecting that if he was there they'd just let him play anyway. 

Just now, Modano09 said:

Oh he's still a fuck up. That's why he only gets to play here and there, because they can't rely on him for anything major. The guy couldn't even keep track of what night was supposed to play in Argentina. Although my guess is he just showed up expecting that if he was there they'd just let him play anyway. 

There you go... guessing again. Making another assumption. You're good at that, aren't you?

I don't care about anything you just typed because it has nothing to do with these two interviews that I've been talking about. You're like that MADDOGJONES guy who always throws in comments completely irrelevant to the discussion.