10/08/17 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

gunsguy

Man, after how disappointing the monstrosity at the Linc was, I can't say for sure if I'll prioritize this one. Maybe I'll shot for stubhub last minute if I can find some reasonable floor seats. You think it'll be GA?

59 minutes ago, Budweiser said:

Man, after how disappointing the monstrosity at the Linc was, I can't say for sure if I'll prioritize this one. Maybe I'll shot for stubhub last minute if I can find some reasonable floor seats. You think it'll be GA?

Disappointing?  

18 hours ago, mrw80 said:

Disappointing?  

I don't know about you,  but I spent $200 for "box seats" that allowed me to pretty much watch GNR on TV, outside in 100 degree heat, with utter dogshit sound because we were to the side instead of head on. Go check out the the Philly reviews. We certainly weren't unique in our reaction to it...

Edited by Budweiser

6 hours ago, Budweiser said:

I don't know about you,  but I spent $200 for "box seats" that allowed me to pretty much watch GNR on TV, outside in 100 degree heat, with utter dogshit sound because we were to the side instead of head on. Go check out the the Philly reviews. We certainly weren't unique in our reaction to it...

Sounds like your experience was more a result of your location and what you paid. I had a great time and thought they sounded amazing. I didn't talk to one person who had a negative experience. Sorry that's how it worked out for you though. 

• Like 1

I'm so fucning psyched for this. I went to the linc, going to Hershey and waiting for public sale to buy these. Saw AXL/DC in wells Fargo and the sound was amazing. The tour is called "Not In This lifetime" and thus will be 3 times times in my lifetime I've seen slash duff and all play together. Whatever my opinion ofshows, no new music, setlists, tour longevitiy, etc I may have - this is still a huge fucking win for me.

• Like 2

Just got my tickets with the Citibank presale.  I am freaking out! I saw them last year at the Linc and the NY/NJ show and thought it would never happen again.  Now we've got Hershey and Philly this year.  :headbang:And    @charliehoodger  I saw Axl/DC at Wells Fargo too and couldn't agree more about the sound there.   It's going to be awesome.  Maybe even rad and lit.  :lol:

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Just got my tickets with the Citibank presale.  I am freaking out! I saw them last year at the Linc and the NY/NJ show and thought it would never happen again.  Now we've got Hershey and Philly this year.  :headbang:And    @charliehoodger  I saw Axl/DC at Wells Fargo too and couldn't agree more about the sound there.   It's going to be awesome.  Maybe even rad and lit.  :lol:

I don't see any presale links on the Wells Fargo site. Is that where you got them?

also, what's the pricing breakdown for seating like?  As in, what parts of the arena are the $149 and $103 seats?

41 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

I don't see any presale links on the Wells Fargo site. Is that where you got them?

also, what's the pricing breakdown for seating like?  As in, what parts of the arena are the $149 and $103 seats?

I got the tickets through the Ticketmaster app. If you search for GNR at Wells Fargo it will show four sale date options.  At the top is a box to enter a promo card, which is the first six digits of your credit card ( no dashes or spaces). It has to be a Citibank credit card though.

Prices for Pit/Floor came up at $254, lower sections were $149 and the upper levels were $69-$103. Good luck!

29 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I got the tickets through the Ticketmaster app. If you search for GNR at Wells Fargo it will show four sale date options.  At the top is a box to enter a promo card, which is the first six digits of your credit card ( no dashes or spaces). It has to be a Citibank credit card though.

Prices for Pit/Floor came up at $254, lower sections were $149 and the upper levels were $69-$103. Good luck!

Thanks for this info!  I don't have a citi card, but I looked around at tickets with a nightrain membership. Holy cow so much of the lower level is $250. I was really only thinking that the closest sections would be. 

Says there a previous purchase presale Thursday. I went to both The Linc and MetLife, so hopefully they will email me a code?  Has anyone else gotten one?

If I can't find anything there worthwhile, I'll just wait for the public sale on Saturday and take my chances. I have tickets to Hershey that I'm going to sell if I can land these tickets. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

sooooo happy for you! :headbang:

Got tickets today!  Lower level.  :dance:  similar seats to what we had for AC/DC, and they were great seats, so I am pretty happy.  Excited to be able to see them in an arena!

Edited by metalms
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, metalms said:

Got tickets today!  Lower level.  :dance:  similar seats to what we had for AC/DC, and they were great seats, so I am pretty happy.  Excited to be able to see them in an arena!

Whereabouts?  We are pretty much straight back from the stage in the lower level. Curious as to how good the view is from there. Looks like it should be great.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

Whereabouts?  We are pretty much straight back from the stage in the lower level. Curious as to how good the view is from there. Looks like it should be great.  

We were in Section 102 for Axl/DC which was considered a lower level seating. The view was great  -- you were close enough to the stage that you could see the show and not have to rely on the screens to see what was happening. 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2017 at 6:30 AM, mrw80 said:

Glad you are able to go :headbang: Section 108.  We were in Section 105 for AC/DC which is the opposite side.  The sound was stellar and we had a good view of the stage.  You are a little farther away but to me unless you are in the first ten rows what's the point? you have a better overall view this way and the sound hits you dead on IMO.

1 hour ago, metalms said:

Glad you are able to go :headbang: Section 108.  We were in Section 105 for AC/DC which is the opposite side.  The sound was stellar and we had a good view of the stage.  You are a little farther away but to me unless you are in the first ten rows what's the point? you have a better overall view this way and the sound hits you dead on IMO.

We are 108 as well. Pretty much what my thoughts were upon looking at the virtual seat viewer. A little further away, but a straightaway and full view of the stage. And it's an arena, so you're never all that far away. 

Ironically, it's similar in location to the seats I had to the show in December 2002 when Axl was a no show. One of the most disappointing nights of my life (had never seen him prior to then). 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 11:50 AM, mrw80 said:

We are 108 as well. Pretty much what my thoughts were upon looking at the virtual seat viewer. A little further away, but a straightaway and full view of the stage. And it's an arena, so you're never all that far away. 

Ironically, it's similar in location to the seats I had to the show in December 2002 when Axl was a no show. One of the most disappointing nights of my life (had never seen him prior to then). 

We were in the upper levels for the 2002 show.  That was a strange night to say the least... I often felt bad for those in the lower levels that night with all the stuff being thrown and raining down on the lower levels.  Seeing them at the Linc was great but I am really looking forward to this! Sound is always better in an arena!

• 2 months later...

I was at the WFC for Roger Waters last night, and it was, by far, the greatest sounding show I've ever been too. I mean the levels and clarity were something I've never experienced at a live event before. I don't expect the same level of sound from GNR here in two months because they are a totally different sounding act, but it definitely has me excited to hear this band in an arena setting as opposed to an outdoor stadium. (I did see them at the Apollo and the sound was phenomenal there as well.)

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Does anyone know if ZZ Top is opening. I just saw where they are opening in DC, but couldn't find any info on this one 

I was just searching for the same info,  but couldn't find anything. Would be awesome if they were. 

According to ZZ Top's website, they are in Georgia on 10/7 and Maryland a few days after. So 10/8 is open. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up..i don't follow sports at all but I like like a 15 min walk from the stadium. Still haven't bought tickets yet. Strapped for cash for a while so I'm going to do it either the week of or weekend of and get whatever tickets i can. Does anyone know how it's selling or if it's close to selling out? I saw them at the linc but would kick myself in the balls if I can't seem them again so fucking close to my house.

7 hours ago, charliehoodger said:

Thanks for the heads up..i don't follow sports at all but I like like a 15 min walk from the stadium. Still haven't bought tickets yet. Strapped for cash for a while so I'm going to do it either the week of or weekend of and get whatever tickets i can. Does anyone know how it's selling or if it's close to selling out? I saw them at the linc but would kick myself in the balls if I can't seem them again so fucking close to my house.

I checked just for kicks a couple weeks back. There *were* tickets at most price points left. It's hard to tell how many or where because the Wells Fargo Center does their own ticketing and you can't buy on a map like through Ticketmaster. Which is annoying.