10/08/17 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

gunsguy

43 minutes ago, Derick said:

You´re picking just the highlights to define what is Guns N´Roses, but a band doesn't birth on the highlights there's a beginning and there´s a story! From the name´s concepcion until now the only guy who was there since the genesis is the guy that own the name and, unfortunately to you, he´s the person who decide if is or if isn´t Guns N´Roses, the band´s name belongs to him, another unfortunately fact to you. Again, you can´t decide what is or what isn´t Guns N´Roses..whoever told you that you would have the power to decide things like these lied to you! Sorry.

It looks like he swallowed a turtle :o

He can delude himself like you do, but it still isn't GNR.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

He can delude himself like you do, but it still isn't GNR.

Right! Respectfully I will keep my arguments about your line with me. Clearly you are not on a good day so it´s not fair to pursue this discussion. If I do you will hate me for life! Peace.

P.D.: Yes it is Guns N´Roses!:P

1 hour ago, pastortine said:

I wish mom and dad had stayed together forever, but it just doesn't play out that way.  I love the romantic notion of my favorite band being frozen in time and staying together forever.  It's just not realistic.  How many of you still work with exactly the same people you did thirty years ago?  I know we want rock-n-roll to be more than a job, and at it's core it is, but there is definitely a 'business' element to the music business.  I've personally tried to enjoy every era of GNR, and can honestly say that I have.  

For the record - I also think that if Chinese Democracy was not one note different than what we got upon its release, and the only thing different was that it had Slash, Duff, etc. playing on it... I really do believe that GNR fans would have embraced it and hailed it as a great album.  It was a logical musical progression from UYI.  Cry foul on that if you want, we'll never know for sure, but if I had a time machine and enough influence... 

I'm sure someone will pounce on that with their opinion, but that's the funny thing about opinions... we all have them.  And, just because you type with more fury and intensity doesn't make yours any more right than someone else's.

One more bit of housekeeping - If you been to any of the shows on this tour you got a great show... regardless of the line-up.

You make some good points, but as far as  the Chinese Democracy album goes, It wouldn't matter to me personally whether Slash and Duff were on It or not.  There Is not one stand out "go to" song on Chinese Democracy. I find It difficult to accept the fact that the majority of the GNR fan base have refused to accept It or hail It as a great album just because Slash and Duff were not on It. The more logical explanation Is that the the songs are just not good songs and do not stack up when compared to previously released albums. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 12:21 AM, DieselDaisy said:

I suppose it is a bit like going to see Aerosmith and seeing them do five songs from Rock in a Hard Place, or seeing the Kiss Reunion in 1996 and Kiss doing five songs from Crazy Nights.

Rock In a Hard Place > Chinese Democracy

• Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 9:09 PM, themadcaplaughs said:

So, after tonight I have this as the list of Chinese Democracy songs played since Slash and Duff rejoined...

-Chinese Democracy
-Better
-There was a Time 
-Catcher in the Rye
-Sorry
-Madagascar
-This I Love 

We have officially heard Slash and Duff on half of that album 

Time for Axl to sing Slither, Fall To Pieces, Big Machine, Do It For The Kids and She Builds Quick Machines... 

C'mon Axl we know you're a cover band singer at heart.