11/21/17 - Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena

gunsguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • downzy pinned this topic
12 hours ago, downzy said:

With the tail end of the tour upon us we're starting to see longer shows.  I think anyone attending this show and the few remaining are in for a hell of a ride.  

I wonder if they're gearing up to break the record at the end of the tour

7 hours ago, melina i said:

I'll be at this show so excited:headbang: .  Don't think there's an opener this time, doesn't mention it.  Past year in SF was The Struts and they were awesome.

Have fun everyone.:headbang:

The Struts were great! No opener but you are in for an extra long rocking show...have a blast girl. Enjoy!!!! :thumbsup: rock3

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sosso said:

The longest Guns N' Roses show was in 2009. She show lasted for 3h and 37 min

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-plays-longest-concert-ever-in-tokyo/

What was the time of the show on Saturday in Sac? It had to be pretty close. I checked my phone just after it started and it was around 8:07. The show ended sometime after 11:30. It had to be close to 3h and 37 min.

4 hours ago, sidman69 said:

not sure if you guys remember this, but this is from 1992 Oakland show when a fan threw a bullet on stage at Axl

I attended that show, but I don't remember this for some reason. I do remember there being a long gap between sets and the fans got so restless they started ripping up the tarps on the outfield and chunks of sod then throwing them at each other. I was in the upper deck an you could see large circles open up in the crowd on the field and when someone would dare to try to run across they'd get drilled. The Oakland A's had a home playoff game a day or two later and they had to scramble to repair the damage to the field.

Edited by thunderram

9 minutes ago, thunderram said:

What was the time of the show on Saturday in Sac? It had to be pretty close. I checked my phone just after it started and it was around 8:07. The show ended sometime after 11:30. It had to be close to 3h and 37 min.

It was very close...I think I saw a tweet where they said it was 3 hrs and 40 minutes. I can believe it....I watched the whole show through Periscope. Long kickass show!

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

It was very close...I think I saw a tweet where they said it was 3 hrs and 40 minutes. I can believe it....I watched the whole show through Periscope. Long kickass show!

Yeah, my legs were killing me by the end of the night. Admittedly, I got downtown by 1 ish for a show that didn't start until 8pm and bar/restaurant hopped. But standing for nearly 4 hrs does take it's toll. I'm not complaining , as I would have stayed another 3+ hours had they continued to play. But it sure was long nonetheless. Loved every minute of it. I'm even considering driving down to Oakland tomorrow night to do it all over again ;)

• GNFNR 1