POLL: Did the 5/25 announcement live up to the hype?

Poll: Did the 5/25 announcement live up to the hype?  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, supercool said:

The video was quite misleading. "Now they're coming back to where it all began..."

It doesn't make sense, it's just shit.

Well where are the last dates of the announced tour leg? Vegas and LA. Exactly where this began. It even alluded to it "all beginning" in LA and Vegas in the previous video so it was pretty clear. Like I said, it was fun to speculate but I think everyone knew at the back of their minds what this would be.

In fact, now all the hyperbole has dissipated if you rewatch the videos it's even more obvious.

I agree it was disappointing, but not unexpected.

Edited by AlexC
  • Like 1

The promo video should have simple said, "5/25 new dates in North America being announced, get ready, the boys are coming home to where it all began"

That way we would have known we were getting dates and people would have been excited to see what cities are getting a show.  Instead they do this super vague shit and spend 5 minutes telling us the GNR history only to announce dates that are totally unrelated to most of the shit in the fucking promo video..

I was happy about the announcement but it didn't live up to the hype.... Most people aren't THAT excited.  Everyone I have talked to in my area have scoffed about the ticket prices.. I posted that I had two good seats for face value on facebook.. Had a lot of people interested until they heard what face value was... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, smoking guns said:

I missed the Egypt victims tribute video... Time to que KOHD for our Christian friends in Egypt that were killed by a terrorist like the ones in Manchester!!

What are you talking about? They have to queue KOHD for everything that happens in the world? Or they are what? disingenuous? What is your point?

God, some of you are such goons.

When, ever, did anyone even remotely associated with Guns N' Roses say "we do this for and only for our most hardcore of fans"?

Newsflash: Of the tens of thousands of people at every show, maybe 500, tops, are anywhere near as hardcore as those of us who are crazy enough to follow them on message boards ever since the internet came into existence.

This is how tours get announced. The world does not owe you new Guns N' Roses music. Guns N' Roses have not promised you new music. The world does not owe you a special 30th anniversary of AFD extravaganza, nor has it ever been promised to you.

So, it's their fault that they don't cater to every last imagined wish of their hardcore fanbase?

Our favorite band is alive and kicking in top form in their mid-freaking 50s. We have the reunion between Axl and Slash that we waited 20 years for. We have Chinese Democracy. We're getting 2.5+ hour shows with freaking Coma in the setlist. 

2.5+ hour shows with deep cuts, and their hardcore fans have the nerve to complain that GN'R doesn't care about their fans. 

Why in the fuck would they put out a new record to appease the sense of entitlement  that some of their hardcore fans feel? So that those same hardcore fans can immediately find something else to bitch about?

Goodness gracious.

6 minutes ago, MarlaHooch said:

God, some of you are such goons.

When, ever, did anyone even remotely associated with Guns N' Roses say "we do this for and only for our most hardcore of fans"?

Newsflash: Of the tens of thousands of people at every show, maybe 500, tops, are anywhere near as hardcore as those of us who are crazy enough to follow them on message boards ever since the internet came into existence.

This is how tours get announced. The world does not owe you new Guns N' Roses music. Guns N' Roses have not promised you new music. The world does not owe you a special 30th anniversary of AFD extravaganza, nor has it ever been promised to you.

So, it's their fault that they don't cater to every last imagined wish of their hardcore fanbase?

Our favorite band is alive and kicking in top form in their mid-freaking 50s. We have the reunion between Axl and Slash that we waited 20 years for. We have Chinese Democracy. We're getting 2.5+ hour shows with freaking Coma in the setlist. 

2.5+ hour shows with deep cuts, and their hardcore fans have the nerve to complain that GN'R doesn't care about their fans. 

Why in the fuck would they put out a new record to appease the sense of entitlement  that some of their hardcore fans feel? So that those same hardcore fans can immediately find something else to bitch about?

Goodness gracious.

Excellent post. However, the fact that Guns N' Roses even have such hardcore fans despite the fact that they never release any material and consistently ignore what their fans want is a miracle. Most bands would kill for a fan base as obsessive as GN'R fans are. So when people on here bitch and moan, although it is annoying, it's actually a compliment to the band.

The amount of snowflakes in this thread that have to tell us how we should be happy and GNR doesn't owe us shit is shocking. We know they are alive, WHICH IS MADDENING AS TO WHY THEY ARE WASTING FUCKING TIME!!!!! Cornell released music and gave fans his all up till the day he died. Slash and Duff both did as well until the "reunion". It is frustrating to see the depths some here go to defend Axl and team Brazil. Oh well, have a happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smoking guns said:

The amount of snowflakes in this thread that have to tell us how we should be happy and GNR doesn't owe us shit is shocking. We know they are alive, WHICH IS MADDENING AS TO WHY THEY ARE WASTING FUCKING TIME!!!!! Cornell released music and gave fans his all up till the day he died. Slash and Duff both did as well until the "reunion". It is frustrating to see the depths some here go to defend Axl and team Brazil. Oh well, have a happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!

I guess it is the whole 'you can't force someone live their life in a certain way just to please you' idea. I mean, you can get all angry and upset about it all you want, but what is the point? It doesn't change anything but make you angry and upset.

I think the snowflakes are the ones who are having a meltdown over this.

(get it? melt down, snow melts- okay I am leaving)

4 hours ago, MADDOGJONES said:

What are you talking about? They have to queue KOHD for everything that happens in the world? Or they are what? disingenuous? What is your point?

This is because just for country the first world,no others

4 hours ago, AlexC said:

and consistently ignore what their fans want

But, again, you're speaking as to what approximately 1/100th of their fanbase is clamoring for. The other 99 are regular folk who like music as an enhancement to their lives. They don't live and breathe it like some of us do, and they don't obsess over bands. They go to a few shows a year, they go to see GN'R and for the most part leave happy. That's the band's job right now, and the public seems to be pretty hungry for it. 

Besides, say that hypothetically they are working on music right now. This is arguably the best possible time for them to be creative - the general public isn't asking for new music and they haven't promised any new music, so that's about as pressure-free as it can be to do things properly and on their own time. Probably makes for a better product in the long run!

• downzy locked this topic