Black Hole Sun

12 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Clearly. It's hard to convey my point over the internet and without tone but in no way was I trying to regulate any of your posts. No more replies from me. Enjoy your week

???? this theme is how theme STEVEN all figth

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

As I said it is the Darryl Jones thing. The Stones lost Wyman. Replaced Wyman with somebody who does the exact same job. Does not include him as a full 'Stone'; does not have him in band photos etc etc. In affect The Stones went from a five piece to a four piece!

According to their wikipedia, they're only two members of The Who! Who plays bass and drums one wonders (rhetorical question)?

Legacy acts.

yep, and the best thing is that darryl is a mighty fine bass player that doesnt fuck with the songs!

Everyone on this thread should be kissing the floor and thanking Odin that Axl actually made a change in the setlist. Some fuckhead in Iowa is probably doing cartwheels right now.

I don't think we'll ever get a Pearl Jam style setlist from this band, but maybe this gets us one step closer to them taking more chances with what they play.

Hope springs eternal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ludurigan said:

YES, you are correct! FACTS!

they definetely have a say on all band decisions

Definitely they do, else the whiners wouldn't post here. If they played just like Slash or Steve, they would've no reason to, but they don't.  That's the problem some have with them, they contribute to the band instead of just playing the old hits note by note, I respect them for that, it definitely needs some courage to do that and not just take the safe way of copying Slash, copying Steve, copying Izzy.  Personally, I have no problem with them, I like them, they are talented musicians and if you ever listened to them outside GN'R you would've noticed that, too.

Let's be honest, all that whining is not about talent, it's about "I want the AFD-lineup back". Very unprobable that happens, Richard and Frank won't get kicked from the band to make that possible, they do a fine job and unless they choose to leave themselves to make it happen, there is no way (I know, not what you want to hear), so time to move forward.

P.S. Some of Frank's and Richard's other work

• Like 1

AXL is sounding a bit like king diamond on this one alternating low and high voice on the final part of the song. it is sorta amazing actually. no one sings like axl

duff backing vocals seem to be out of tune in some recordings. other recordings it doesnt sound too awful

this one sounds better

• Like 1

I thought the band was great. I mean really great considering how fast they put it together. Thought Fortus was great and very true to Kim's version.

Axl was very good on the low parts and really bad on the high. I was shocked. For years I believed Axl could knock a Cornell or layne Staley song out of the park. So it was disappointing and im in the camp that wishes he hadnt sung it until is ready to give it everything he has. Not worth the backlash on social media from those who waited all their lives to say look Axl sucks, Cornell smokes him! 

Old Axl would've gave it his all. See Bohemian Rhapsody-FMT

Edited by Top-Hatted One

47 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

When Cornell was at his peak he was pretty much untouchable.. If you listen to something like 'Slaves and Bulldozers' or 'Beyond the Wheel' it's just unreal what that guy could do. 

When Axl was at his peak he was absolutely untouchable.. If you listen to whatever he sung from 1986 to 1991 it's just unreal what that guy could do. 

6 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

When Axl was at his peak he was absolutely untouchable.. If you listen to whatever he sung from 1986 to 1991 it's just unreal what that guy could do. 

Axl was great no doubt about it but I think Cornell was really in a league of his own.

It's funny though how you spend most of your time bashing the hell out of GnR and the rest being super defensive about them. I do appreciate that. :lol:

Edited by bigpoop

I hope they get tired of this real quick and drop it. I've never seen My Michelle, Yesterdays or You're Crazy (Without mentioning stuff like Locomotive/Don't Dame Me, that they'll never play anyway). Certainly don't want a song to be dropped for a crap cover of a crap song by a crap artist.