Allman Brothers, Gregg Allman dead at 69

classicrawker

36 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

not everyone has the same taste in music or ANYTHING. a death of a good man is sad but don't assume they should be WAYYYYY up on people's list. people have a right to their own opinions. have a great memorial Day dude.

I think we're talking about different things. Sounds like you're talking about being people's favorite band, that not what I'm saying.

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

those are your exact words. so how am i misinterpreting it? maybe if you'd said i wish more people had them way up on their list it would could across better but to say they NEED to comes across as kind of a command IMO. of course in your book i am always wrong so que sera sera. still have a good Memorial Day and be safe. and i hope you are one of the few that knows what Memorial Day really is about cos a lot of people just think drinking and BBQ and it being the start of summer. see what i did there? i said hope you do...

I'm talking about as in recognition for the their spot in music for being such an influential band. You know how someone can dislike Dylan but give him respect and recognize his stamp on rock. Think like that. I just think they should be mentioned up higher on the list when the big dogs get talked about. So yeah, I think they need to be mentioned more in line with the big names.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

I'm talking about as in recognition for the their spot in music for being such an influential band. You know how someone can dislike Dylan but give him respect and recognize his stamp on rock. Think like that. I just think they should be mentioned up higher on the list when the big dogs get talked about. So yeah, I think they need to be mentioned more in line with the big names.

that's much better.

Man damn that was fucked up.

My apologies to Gregg for bringing pettiness into his rest in peace thread.

Fillmore gets most of the love and deservingly so but Eat a Peach is just as great.

IN MY OPINION

Edited by J Dog
To point out I'm bitching about some deleted posts by someone.

Considering what a blow it was to lose Duane it is amazing  Eat a Peach  was even released and how good it is...........Blue Sky is a amazing and this is one of the only known Duane era  live recording of it....the dueling leads  between Duane and Betts are stellar..I highly recommend the official live Stony Brook CD of this show if you don't already have it..........

• Like 1

On 5/30/2017 at 10:58 AM, J Dog said:

Man damn that was fucked up.

My apologies to Gregg for bringing pettiness into his rest in peace thread.

yeah cos i am sure Gregg is looking down from above reading the board. *rolling eyes*

rest well Gregg....

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
to correct someone's assumption

On 5/30/2017 at 11:21 AM, classicrawker said:

Considering what a blow it was to lose Duane it is amazing  Eat a Peach  was even released and how good it is...........Blue Sky is a amazing and this is one of the only known Duane era  live recording of it....the dueling leads  between Duane and Betts are stellar..I highly recommend the official live Stony Brook CD of this show if you don't already have it..........

i was not even aware what the title meant until someone explained that Duane died hitting a peach truck on his motorcycle...