What band have you seen the most live?

5 hours ago, James Bond said:

I wasn't at that show in particular being on the other side of the pond (although I have the Blu-ray) but I saw them three times on that tour so that's close enough I suppose. :lol:

i love The Killers.

18 hours ago, wasted said:

I've seen Guns and Stones 3 times. Enough already. 

never enough for me...

9 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

That's awesome. When did you start compiling this list? 

Not sure. 2007 or 2008 I guess? I could pretty much sort it out because I had things in my organizer and I've never thrown away a concert ticket. They're all in a big old-fashioned photo album. 

4 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i love The Killers.

never enough for me...

I could see Guns again, but the Rolling Boners are too corporate at this point. If Axl starts turning up late, or they release a record/blu ray/interview/rant. 

But they are just white dudes playing rock, that's a lot of tequila and strippers for songs I tetelpathically invented. 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2017 at 0:53 PM, soon said:

The Tea Party* 5 times, Guns 4 

*a canadian rock band unrelated to political movement in USA

EDIT: I've seen Amelia Curran at least 7 times, but only 2-3 times with her band so I didnt count that.  maybe it counts though?

Oh, I've seen The Tea Party at least this many times too! (probably more, as my friend still complains how i dragged her everywhere to see them lol)..I don't know where you live, but i saw them first in Kitchener at a little club called Stages. Waaaay back in the day lol..Stuart wouldn't even look up into the audience he was so shy. haha. Love them. Have also seen Jeff Martin solo..he's such an incredible musician. 

15 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

But I thought you were a musician?! Oh, you need to see some live bands then..not only will you learn a lot, but the whole atmosphere is just exciting, makes you feel alive.

I live in a small town where I always happen to be away when there are concerts :P 

I might see Guns if they come to Norway

Edit: Speaking of that, today is exactly 7 years since Guns were last here in Norway, don't know what scared Axl off :lol: 

Edited by AslatIE
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Oh, I've seen The Tea Party at least this many times too! (probably more, as my friend still complains how i dragged her everywhere to see them lol)..I don't know where you live, but i saw them first in Kitchener at a little club called Stages. Waaaay back in the day lol..Stuart wouldn't even look up into the audience he was so shy. haha. Love them. Have also seen Jeff Martin solo..he's such an incredible musician. 

This is so cool: my best memories of seeing them was at Stages in Kitchener!  I remember extended jams and more guitar solos then on albums.  Great times!  Like you, I think its at least that many times - I was hungry for it!

Stages hasn't been open for some time now, so both of us most of seen them way, way back! haha.

I haven't seen Martin solo but would love to.  I haven't seen the band since regrouping either and I must!

5 hours ago, AslatIE said:

I live in a small town where I always happen to be away when there are concerts :P 

I guess that's sort of a valid excuse ;)

4 hours ago, soon said:

This is so cool: my best memories of seeing them was at Stages in Kitchener!  I remember extended jams and more guitar solos then on albums.  Great times!  Like you, I think its at least that many times - I was hungry for it!

Stages hasn't been open for some time now, so both of us most of seen them way, way back! haha.

I haven't seen Martin solo but would love to.  I haven't seen the band since regrouping either and I must!

No way!! :wow:  I lived there when I went to UofW umm, yes, way back lol. Now see, Stages wasn't one of my regular clubs per se, just occasionally. Did you come to KW just for The Tea Party, or did you live near there? If so, did you go to any particular clubs? :P

13 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

No way!! :wow:  I lived there when I went to UofW umm, yes, way back lol. Now see, Stages wasn't one of my regular clubs per se, just occasionally. Did you come to KW just for The Tea Party, or did you live near there? If so, did you go to any particular clubs? :P

Maybe we were at the same tea party shows!?  Yeah, a lot of the university students wouldn't have Stages as a main hang :) 

I was close by enough and for some of my time going to Stages it was especially a draw because shows were all ages.  Cant count all the bands I saw there beyond Tea Party, but definelty Matthew Good Band, Rusty, later under a different club name I saw seven dust there.  

I spent lots of time at Ethels Pub, thats near the schools, did you ever go there?  With all the concert posters on the wall.  Or Jane Bond?  And the Trash in Guelph.  Played some shows at the Walper Pub and the Boat House.

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Maybe we were at the same tea party shows!?  Yeah, a lot of the university students wouldn't have Stages as a main hang :) 

I was close by enough and for some of my time going to Stages it was especially a draw because shows were all ages.  Cant count all the bands I saw there beyond Tea Party, but definelty Matthew Good Band, Rusty, later under a different club name I saw seven dust there.  

I spent lots of time at Ethels Pub, thats near the schools, did you ever go there?  With all the concert posters on the wall.  Or Jane Bond?  And the Trash in Guelph.  Played some shows at the Walper Pub and the Boat House.

Yes, I've been to Ethels! But I think my years in KW were just a couple of years before you from the sounds of it.. I don't remember Jane Bond or the Boathouse at all. Shoot, that would have been so cool if I had unknowingly seen you play!  I went to Club Abstract :heart: and Phil's Grandson's Place, do you know those? And also OEP for lots of little beers :lol:

Seriously though, if you want to know what it is like to go to a rock act these days, I'll tell you...

- empty your savings (this is the most important point about rock shows these days).

- buy the greatest hits of the act you intend to see (you will not need such nefarious concepts as 'new albums')

- buy the most expensive and worst beer one can find

- buy the most expensive black t-shirt with gormless skull design one can find

- play said greatest hits in bedroom while brandishing phone, arm raised, for two-three hours. Leave air-conditioning off. Throw in a few mock devil signs with hand

Rock concerts are literally that.

Oh yes, you shouldn't have any money left so dump the remainder in the bin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Seriously though, if you want to know what it is like to go to a rock act these days, I'll tell you...

- empty your savings (this is the most important point about rock shows these days).

- buy the greatest hits of the act you intend to see (you will not need such nefarious concepts as 'new albums')

- play said greatest hits in bedroom while brandishing phone, arm raised, for two-three hours. Leave air-conditioning off. Throw in a few mock devil signs with hand

Haha! :lol: unfortunately, you are spot on.

24 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Yes, I've been to Ethels! But I think my years in KW were just a couple of years before you from the sounds of it.. I don't remember Jane Bond or the Boathouse at all. Shoot, that would have been so cool if I had unknowingly seen you play!  I went to Club Abstract :heart: and Phil's Grandson's Place, do you know those? And also OEP for lots of little beers :lol:

Club Abstract!  Yes!  I forgot that just now for all the right reasons :lol:  Good times there!  For 80's night, alternative night, and the burgeoning goth scene too!

Phils right across from Laurier University!?  Cheap beer night and sometimes smelled of urine?!  Yeah, been there for sure!  What about Raintree Cafe in that same plaza?  I played there too, with Matt Osborne.

Little beers at the brew pub? Was OEP at Lions brewery or the Clocktower?  At corner or king and Princess, across form Harmony Grill/dinner?

I loved Ethels.  So cool we've both been there too!  Those pizzas!

33 minutes ago, soon said:

Club Abstract!  Yes!  I forgot that just now for all the right reasons :lol:  Good times there!  For 80's night, alternative night, and the burgeoning goth scene too!

Phils right across from Laurier University!?  Cheap beer night and sometimes smelled of urine?!  Yeah, been there for sure!  What about Raintree Cafe in that same plaza?  I played there too, with Matt Osborne.

Little beers at the brew pub? Was OEP at Lions brewery or the Clocktower?  At corner or king and Princess, across form Harmony Grill/dinner?

I loved Ethels.  So cool we've both been there too!  Those pizzas!

Holy smokes, to think that I was maybe in the basement at Phil's while you were playing in the same plaza haha. hey, you never know.  :)

I think it was The Heuther that was at King and Princess? holy smokes, i don't remember that far back..all i know is Olde English Parlour was across from a vintage clothing store in a Victorian house. haha. 

Anyway, good times in KW. And can't forget the late night Gino's Pizza. :lol:

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

if you want to see the big name acts sure but you can see great music for under $100 and in many cases $50 US every week depending on where you live....I am going to half a dozen great shows this year and not one is more than $75 with the cheapest so far costing $20....you  don't have to sell a vital organ to afford great music.......

41 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Holy smokes, to think that I was maybe in the basement at Phil's while you were playing in the same plaza haha. hey, you never know.  :)

I think it was The Heuther that was at King and Princess? holy smokes, i don't remember that far back..all i know is Olde English Parlour was across from a vintage clothing store in a Victorian house. haha. 

Anyway, good times in KW. And can't forget the late night Gino's Pizza. :lol:

it is pretty cool!  Who knows?  

Heuther thats the one, your right!  Oh right, Old English Parlour - I know it but cant figure why i cant bring it to mind as much right now.  I can picture the clothing store too!

Ginos!! yes!!!!!!!  A while back I was on here talking about pizza in my new home not being as good s back home, and I remember you said about Ontarian tea habits.  Gino's was the bench mark I was referring to!! haha

And Orange Monkey Records :) 

24 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

if you want to see the big name acts sure but you can see great music for under $100 and in many cases $50 US every week depending on where you live....I am going to half a dozen great shows this year and not one is more than $75 with the cheapest so far costing $20....you  don't have to sell a vital organ to afford great music.......

This is true. The last couple shows I've been to, and the next one I'm going to, I paid under $50 (CDN), but they were club shows and the next show I have lawn tickets.

Most of the fun parts about concerts come from being somewhere in the pit, moving around, meeting people, maybe interacting with the band... big name bands now don't give many people that opportunity. I'm seeing GNR twice this year (pit tickets) and it's drained my concert fund. I'd love to be able to see Metallica/Gojira/A7X or Tom Petty or some other shows but can't justify hundreds of dollars nor $60~ to sit at the back of a stadium. :shrugs:(unfortunately I have to add travel $$ to most shows too)

AWOLNATION.. 7 times in 4 and a half years in 4 different states. Would have been 9 times in 5 different states had they not canceled their summer tour last year to instead open for Prophets of Rage. 

The interesting thing about this is that although I've seen the band that many times in such a short amount of time, I've never seen the same lineup of the band twice. There has always been at least one different member on stage every single time I've seen them. I enjoy their live sound and they keep me on my toes each time I see them, as I never know what they have in store. I hope to see them at one of the 4 shows they are playing this summer, but we shall see. 

Other then that its a 4 way tie between GNR, Slayer, Whitechapel, and The Revivalists all at 4 times each. 

On 6/2/2017 at 5:50 PM, AslatIE said:

I might see Guns if they come to Norway

Edit: Speaking of that, today is exactly 7 years since Guns were last here in Norway, don't know what scared Axl off :lol: 

It ain't all its cracked up to be to be honest.