Jeep

AxlsMainMan

Hate em, horrible things.  I mean its one thing is you live somewhere with dodgy terrain but otherwise its like driving a king size bed.  Perched up there like a fuckin parrot, its uncomfortable.

Edited by Len Cnut

I have owned 4 Jeep Grand Cherokees since their introduction in 1993 and the first three, 1993, 1998 and 2004 models were fantastic vehicles with basically no problems. I  traded in my 2004 JGC Special Edition, with 248,000 miles  on it, this past January for a 2017 JGC Limited and I love the new Jeep.  Plenty of power in the 3.7L V6,  which gets 22-24mpg combined gas mileage  and it rides like a dream..........I live in God's country and the roads don't always get plowed right away and the JGC gets me where I need to go when we get heavy snow.........

IMG_20170204_144308.jpg

IMG_20170204_144357.jpg

love Jeeps and if I had the room and money to play with I would also get a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited to drive with the top off in the summer and do some off roading............

Rubicon.jpg

1 hour ago, AxlsMainMan said:

That's good to hear you haven't had any major problems with your 2017 as I keep hearing the newer models are riddled with transmission issues and to stick with older Jeeps <_<

Consumer Reports and JD Powers  seem to give Jeeps worse than average ratings on reliability every year so maybe I have just been lucky?

My 2017 JGC only has 7200 miles on it but so far so good....I have heard reports of transmission problems with the Jeeps but never had an issue with any of mine.

Heard the new 8 speed had issues that supposedly have been fixed so will keep my  fingers crossed.

Here is an interesting website I found which reports issues and transmission issues seem to be #1 but all I can say is the 8 speed  tranny in my new JGC is much smoother than the one in the 2004 I traded in but never had an issue with it.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/Jeep/Grand_Cherokee/

Edited by classicrawker