Prostitute was sound checked in Bilbao

12 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I've enjoyed all the line-ups. 

Looking forward to TWAT/Prostitute in Lisbon and Munich, though I hope Slash stays true to the solo rather than going off-piste. Love the guy, but if Ashba had done what he's done with some of the Chi-Dem solos, there'd be a complete meltdown on here.

they better play TWAT in Oakland! <_<

3 hours ago, starlight said:

Nooooooooooooo not one more CD song :facepalm:

And one of the worst. 

I'm sorry, but if Axl really spent over 13 million dollars in the production of CD, songs like prostitute, shacklers revenge, Rhiad, Oh my God, silk worms and sorry are embarrassing. 

MJs Scream was also very experimental, but you can see the invested money in the music video. Where did the money go during the CD production? 

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I love CD, and I like the deep cuts off of it. I would even think it would be cool to hear something like TWAT, Sorry, Prostitute, etc at a show I was at wish Slash's take. However, this tour is not about CD. It should be more about the classic, real GNR material. This shows Axl IS calling the shots and the others are appeasing him. There hasn't been a new classic song added in over a year, but we now have 3 ChiDem songs added to the set. What does that tell you?

According to Axl he didn't ask for specific songs, the guys went to a rehearsal space Frank, Dizzy and Richard said "these are the one's we usually do" and then Duff and Slash had a listen to the record and picked another few that they'd like to add in. Now, that might not be the correct story, but that is the only one we've been provided with.

It is still the Axl show, but if Slash wanted to add Locomotive or whatever else into the set, Axl would sing it. They are obviously happy with the arrangement.

28 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

It is still the Axl show, but if Slash wanted to add Locomotive or whatever else into the set, Axl would sing it. They are obviously happy with the arrangement.

You have no proof or anything else to verify what you said above is true.  Pure speculation.

38 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

for me they could open and close the show with Riad, play the entire CD and I would be shiting rainbows out of my ass for that

You'd be the only one...trust me

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You have no proof or anything else to verify what you said above is true.  Pure speculation.

You'd be the only one...trust me

Axl said as much in his China exchange chat AND I'm almost certain Richard discussed it. Check mate ;)

I think it is Slash and Duff being sycophantic to Axl to show they are subservient now. The easiest way is to be willing to play his Chinese turkeys and show his 'Nugnr era' actually meant something and wasn't the massive failure it actually was. If there was anything democratic and Slosh and Duffy had any sort of sway they'd have played 'Slither' or 'Fall to Pieces' by now. 

• Like 3

Just now, tsinindy said:

Ugh no lol.

OK?:shrugs: Go back and watch it when you have an hour :thumbsup: Not sure why everything has to be a big conspiracy revolving around Axl holding everybody hostage. I just can't see Axl and Slash signing on for prolonged touring and not having a voice in the discussions and the setlist, and the evidence is 25 years of interviews, and 2 autobiographies, before you ask.

Just now, Tom2112 said:

OK?:shrugs: Go back and watch it when you have an hour :thumbsup: Not sure why everything has to be a big conspiracy revolving around Axl holding everybody hostage. I just can't see Axl and Slash signing on for prolonged touring and not having a voice in the discussions and the setlist, and the evidence is 25 years of interviews, and 2 autobiographies, before you ask.

Keep drinking the Kool aid

Just now, tsinindy said:

Keep drinking the Kool aid

Just like the other fool the other day, you're deluded. I base my comments on what has happened before, comments from current and past members and past employees... you base your rational on nothing but conspiracy and large amounts of misinformation which you pass off as fact... somebody is drinking something, but it isn't the kool aid. 

it's just so delusional to think ANYONE on earth wants to here this shit.  NO ONE is there for axl's solo record.  no one knows the songs, no one ever will, no one will ever care.  people are there for a guns n' roses show full of guns n' roses songs.  

what a cheap ripoff that they charge people so much for tickets and then play songs no one wants to here.  CD songs are for beer and bathroom breaks and for people to check their social media.  a CD song starts and the energy is sucked from the room every time, every show.  and no one wants to tell the emperor he has no clothes on because that's not what Team Yes is employed to do.  

and how Ivanka and Jared just go along with it, denying their own solo material that is clearly superior.  slither is better than anything on CD.  axl and his CD fans must hate that.  must drive 'em nuts.   

Edited by Sunset Gardner

2 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

it's just so delusional to think ANYONE on earth wants to here this shit.  NO ONE is there for axl's solo record.  no one knows the songs, no one ever will, no one will ever care.  people are there for a guns n' roses show full of guns n' roses songs.     

You don't seem to know what NO ONE means. There are plenty of people who want to hear CD songs. Stop mistaking your own opinion for everybody's opinion.

Just now, Lies They Tell said:

You don't seem to know what NO ONE means. There are plenty of people who want to hear CD songs. Stop mistaking your own opinion for everybody's opinion.

i would bet my life 98% of the people at any given show are NOT there to hear axl's solo material.  and that's being generous, it's probably more like 99% or 99.5%...  

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunset Gardner said:

i would bet my life 98% of the people at any given show are NOT there to hear axl's solo material.  and that's being generous, it's probably much less.  

Most people are there for the hits. They don't give a rats ass if they play Locomotive or Prostitute, cause they don't know either song.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

and how Ivanka and Jared just go along with it, denying their own solo material that is clearly superior.  slither is better than anything on CD.  axl and his CD fans must hate that.  must drive 'em nuts.   

I don't know but I'm thinking that Axl would suck at singing Slither, and I think Better is way superior live since it has that middle angry vocals part. It's undeniable awesome. I think Chinese Democracy works great live too, great vocals. 

Then you have the encore songs, when Axl is way off key, and not so great vocal performances of Sorry-Catcher or TWAT. I think for the VR fans or Slash fans, why not put a little Slither in that time slot.

Just now, Silent Jay said:

I don't know but I'm thinking that Axl would suck at singing Slither, and I think Better is way superior live since it has that middle angry vocals part. It's undeniable awesome. I think Chinese Democracy works great live too, great vocals. 

Then you have the encore songs, when Axl is way off key, and not so great vocal performances of Sorry-Catcher or TWAT. I think for the VR fans or Slash fans, why not put a little Slither in that time slot.

it's all subjective… but i agree… something like "the seeker" EVERY NIGHT over "slither" or another gnr song for that matter is either lazy and unimaginative or… they must really love the song.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner

4 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

it's all subjective… but i agree… something like "the seeker" EVERY NIGHT over "slither" or another gnr song for that matter is either lazy and unimaginative or… they must really love the song.  

I like The Seeker, it's one of the rare times when we get to see a glimpse of true Axl. Great vocals, angry, ironic and stuff. But yes, Slither could work during the encore, I think.

38 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

Believe it or not, there are people at the shows who want to hear CD songs. I consider them GNR songs too like a lot of people on this forum. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Believe it or not, there are people at the shows who want to hear CD songs. I consider them GNR songs too like a lot of people on this forum. 

I'm with you, man. I'm hoping sooner or later they scratch the cover songs and load up with Chinese Democracy tunes. I love that fuki' record. 

• Like 1