Prostitute was sound checked in Bilbao

Think About You, Nice Boys, Locomotive, You're Crazy (slow tempo) , Reckless Life, Mama Kin, More Out Ta Get Me, Down On The Farm, Breakdown, Dust N' Bones, Dead Horse, Don't Damn Me, Back Off Botch, Bad Obsession, Shotgun Blues, Get In The Ring, Jumpin Jack Flash, Move To The City, more Used  to Love Her, More Yesterday;s.. More My Michelle.. Learn how to play fucking Rocket Queen.,..

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

And that's your opinion. :shrugs:

Of course it's an opinion. Why did you feel the need to point that out? It's a very valid opinion by the way. Knowing the band GNR was ended in the mid 90s and then Axl started a new project also called GNR with a bunch of hired musicians, it's very valid to say CD is not a GNR album, in the sense that it's not the same band that wrote and released AFD and UYI but a project lead by Axl, also called GNR, with hired musicians and with one release under its name. It has GUNS N ROSES in its cover? Yes. Gilby Clarke could release an album called AFD 2 but we all would know it's not really AFD part 2, right?

Edited by maynard
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, maynard said:

Of course it's an opinion. Why did you feel the need to point that out? It's a very valid opinion by the way. Knowing the band GNR was ended in the mid 90s and then Axl started a new project also called GNR with a bunch of hired musicians, it's very valid to say CD is not a GNR album, in the sense that it's not the same band that wrote and released AFD and UYI but a project lead by Axl, also called GNR, with hired musicians and with one release under its name. It has GUNS N ROSES in its cover? Yes. Gilby Clarke could release an album called AFD 2 but we all would know it's not really AFD part 2, right?

Wrong. Had there been an issue from 1998-2014 with the use of the name there would have undoubtedly been major court interference. It happens all the time. In this case, even Duff n Matt stayed in the band for a period after Slash left. Then Duff and Matt eventually left and Axl had to get new members The band continued  and the lineups changed. This is no different than the evolution of bands like Van Halen, Journey, Black Sabbath, etc. 

Edited by ohmygod
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ohmygod said:

Wrong. Had there been an issue from 1998-2014 with the use of the name there would have undoubtedly been major court interference. It happens all the time. In this case, even Duff n Matt stayed in the band for a period after Slash left. Then Duff and Matt eventually left and Axl had to get new members The band continued  and the lineups changed. This is no different than the evolution of bands like Van Halen, Journey, Black Sabbath, etc. 

This sort of logic is so short-sighted.

12 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

This sort of logic is so short-sighted.

So is living in denial and not being able to cope with facts that dont fit in to your own view of how you think things should be. Boo Hoo. 

Edited by ohmygod

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I understand what you are saying. My guess is it is a Guns N Roses record, however If duff and slash worked with Axl for CD my bet is there would be minimal keyboards, more guitars and possibly more rockier. If CD2 would be lots of keyboards and synths in it then it tells me that slash and duff have sold out because , and as slash has said he is against keyboards. He is on record saying he was against keyboards and synths on the illusions album but agreed to it to keep the band moving forward. If they allow that on CDII that's a different situation and tells me they both have sold out thewir original position of why they left the band in the first place.

Well, Slash definitely left because he didn't want more synth and Keys on the record... as well as Axls friend on guitar. Duff left because he'd just quit drinking, was having a kid and GnR was just such a mess that he just didn't want to deal with it, don't think he was that opposed to some synth or going in the direction Axl was moving towards, at least that's the impression I got from his book.

*also, this thread is SO far off topic :P

Edited by Tom2112

25 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

So is living in denial and not being able to cope with facts that dont fit in to your own view of how you think things should be. Boo Hoo. 

I have no denial of anything, but your logic and correlating the evolution of one band to any other is short sighted.  have a good one.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

GNR was finished. Axl started a new GNR entity with Slash and Duff as employees and they left. You can't deny GNR, the original band, ended by the mid 90s.

A new project also called GNR, with Axl as the sole leader, was created with no fixed lineup but musicians hired to play and/or tour for Axl. It's completely different from the bands you mentioned.

If only one member has the power to decide when, where, what and how to make music, I think it's fair to call it a solo project. You don't call Elton John a band do you? How about Bruce Springsteen? Is Bruce Springsteen a band? Nine Inch Nails? Current Marilyn Manson? Are they bands or solo projects? Why do you call Axl's GNR a band if it didn't have one single characteristic of what a band is?

Now let me go back to listen to this band called Buckethead. He is a band, apparently.

4 minutes ago, maynard said:

GNR was finished. Axl started a new GNR entity with Slash and Duff as employees and they left. You can't deny GNR, the original band, ended by the mid 90s.

A new project also called GNR, with Axl as the sole leader, was created with no fixed lineup but musicians hired to play and/or tour for Axl. It's completely different from the bands you mentioned.

If only one member has the power to decide when, where, what and how to make music, I think it's fair to call it a solo project. You don't call Elton John a band do you? How about Bruce Springsteen? Is Bruce Springsteen a band? Nine Inch Nails? Current Marilyn Manson? Are they bands or solo projects? Why do you call Axl's GNR a band if it didn't have one single characteristic of what a band is?

Now let me go back to listen to this band called Buckethead. He is a band, apparently.

Then according to that logic, which I dont agree with.. But for argument's sake... What we have now is just a continuation of Axl at the helm, and Duff and Slash rejoining, but with a bigger percentage?

31 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I have no denial of anything, but your logic and correlating the evolution of one band to any other is short sighted.  have a good one.

Ummm... You have denial of facts. Plain and simple. You are choosing to not recoginze something that has already been proven. You're an earth is flat guy. 

3 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Then according to that logic, which I dont agree with.. But for argument's sake... What we have now is just a continuation of Axl at the helm, and Duff and Slash rejoining, but with a bigger percentage?

Well, it seems like it. Course there were adjustments. One less guitar player, One less Pitman... DTJ and Coma return. But aside from it, the shows sound and look just like the eternal CD tour, unfortunately. Even DJ's tease before WTTJ is still there. lol Slash.

I think the three of them are doing their best to take advantage from all of this. Axl wouldn't fill stadiums with NuNuNuNuGNR. Slash wouldn't headline Rock in Rio with Myles, Duff was more known for his books than his music prior to the reunion. They don't have to tell the press anything that happened behind the scenes. They don't have to make 30 seconds of new music to sell a ticket. It's such a comfortable situation for the three of them.

Seeing Axl and Slash together again was cool and the best thing to happen to GNR since 93. But things are just wrong. Their recent big announcement was just as pathetic as any fiasco of the NuGNR days. Axl's voice is just as bad as it's been since 2011.

And no, asskissers, don't worry. I'm totally fine in my personal life. Not writing this from a basement either. :)

Just wish they had the balls to do something different. Slash and Duff simply accepted their roles as Axl's employees in some kind of hybrid GNR/NuGNR. I wouldn't mind much if Axl could at least still sing. But he sounds like shit.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Ummm... You have denial of facts. Plain and simple. You are choosing to not recoginze something that has already been proven. You're an earth is flat guy. 

Do you have a language barrier?  

I'll say it again, I wasn't talking about the facts you cited, but the correlations you drew, which are not factual by definition.  That is why I don't have a denial problem.  

33 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Do you have a language barrier?  

I'll say it again, I wasn't talking about the facts you cited, but the correlations you drew, which are not factual by definition.  That is why I don't have a denial problem.  

How are they not?

5 hours ago, maynard said:

I pointed out that it was an opinion because some people like to pretend everything they say is a fact ;)

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I pointed out that it was an opinion because some people like to pretend everything they say is a fact ;)

Well, it's their problem then, not yours. Unless they start their post with "THIS IS A FACT AND NOT AN OPINION" I don't see the need to point out that a certain post is just an opinion. Of course it's an opinion, this is a discussion forum. :)

But like I said, his opinion was very valid and based on solid facts.

Edited by maynard