US stadiums - Pit Size

I was in the pit in Vegas, but am curious for those who attended US stadium shows is the pit bigger or smaller than Vegas?  

Ok, I guess that only applies to those having been in pit in Vegas and a stadium show....how about this, how does the US pit size compare to Bilboa?

image.jpeg

Hard to tell 'cause the odd shape of that pit. The pits in Chicago at Soldier Field were more rectangular in nature.

I would say pits at Soldier Field were smaller. As in the back row was around where the first little red section of seating ends.

And if you're a little claustrophobic, there was plenty of breathing room at the far ends of the pits. Great views from wherever and a "close" feel.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

Dodger Stadium was big. But divided in two at the middle. We had Slash side and Duff side. Right at center where the was a catwalk. It was packed there on both sides. It kinda looked like pit mosh. I stayed away from the catwalk at the midle. Still I had great view. Axl, Slash and Duff moved from one side to the other of the stage. The only regret about not being right at the center of the stage was when Adler performed. I got a good view of him. But he was playing drums at the center back of the stage obviously. So people at the center I guess had better view than me

• Like 3

Must be some old pics from last summer of the US pits around....I'm in the PIT in Minneapolis this summer, looking forward to it.  I like to hang towards the side or back, more elbow room yet still up close.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Original said:

Must be some old pics from last summer of the US pits around....I'm in the PIT in Minneapolis this summer, looking forward to it.  I like to hang towards the side or back, more elbow room yet still up close.  

You and I have the same idea....I like to hangout at the back, in Vegas this worked perfectly as I felt I was very close...yet not to far lol.

But, the bigger the pit, the father back I go.  So keep 'em small!

• Like 1

I was in the pit in Vegas night 1 and in Seattle I was front row, a little right of center at the end of the runway* and there was literally 3 rows of people between the end of the runway and the railing for the seated sections. I'd say maybe 500 people were in the pit, which is ridiculous IMO. And it was sold out!

*(this was a poor decision by the way, if you have the chance go for the side of the runway unless you're really tall)

• Like 2

As many have said, the US pits last year were obviously smaller than Bilbao, but pretty close to same size size as Vegas. Actually the pits might not have been as deep as Vegas, obviously wider, but in the center, in front of the catwalk, I bet there was only about 5-10 people deep

• Like 1

Actually, those pits are just a trick  by the organizers to make more money. I'd really love it if nobody bought those tickets and the first few rows just remain empty, would be such a fun. And let it happen often enough and we're back to normal prices, no matter where you stand.

Unfortunately, that's very unlikely to happen...

I'm going to imagine that the depth of the pit in Vegas would have been the same as stadiums if the cat walk was bigger (extending deeper into audience, cutting in to pit).

so it seems the depth in US stadiums may be less than Vegas in the middle due to the catwalk, but otherwise similarly deep and wider. 

Thabks everyone!

Edited by tsinindy

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I'm going to imagine that the depth of the pit in Vegas would have been the same as stadiums if the cat walk was bigger (extending deeper into audience, cutting in to pit).

so it seems the depth in US stadiums may be less than Vegas in the middle due to the catwalk, but otherwise similarly deep and wider. 

Thabks everyone!

They didn't have the catwalk in Vegas since Axl was in the chair; They took it out last minute so the stage was just straight across. I believe the pit in Vegas took up a third of the floor at least, then it was divided and seats filled the rest.

The stadium pits could probably fit 20 or so people from the front of the catwalk to the back of the pit. If you were on Slash or Duff's sides the whole way at the front, probably closer to 50 people, front to back.

• Like 2

On May 30, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Padme said:

Dodger Stadium was big. But divided in two at the middle. We had Slash side and Duff side. Right at center where the was a catwalk. It was packed there on both sides. It kinda looked like pit mosh. I stayed away from the catwalk at the midle. Still I had great view. Axl, Slash and Duff moved from one side to the other of the stage. The only regret about not being right at the center of the stage was when Adler performed. I got a good view of him. But he was playing drums at the center back of the stage obviously. So people at the center I guess had better view than me

could one go from one pit to the other? Can someone swap out to be permanently on the other side? I ask cuz my hubby is on R and I'm on L!

24 minutes ago, coolranchdressing! said:

could one go from one pit to the other? Can someone swap out to be permanently on the other side? I ask cuz my hubby is on R and I'm on L!

From every report you could go from side to the other, look at the photo @Original posted, that is from Chicago and there is no barrier or anything separtaing one side from the other.