The GNR anything thread

3 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Is Duff McKagan really color blind?

I think so. I read an interview where one of the questions asked what the Seattle Seahawks mascot eye color was and Duff stated he was hue-challenged (colorblind). He got the question right though.

I've always wondered why Axl always sings the chorus in Paradise City like "Take me down to the paradise city, Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, Oh WON'T YA take me hooome'' instead of ''Take me down to the paradise city, Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, Oh won't YOU PLEEEASE take me hoome/'Take me down to the paradise city, Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, TAAAKE ME HOOOOME'' 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

I've always wondered why Axl always sings the chorus in Paradise City like "Take me down to the paradise city, Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, Oh WON'T YA take me hooome'' instead of ''Take me down to the paradise city, Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, Oh won't YOU PLEEEASE take me hoome/'Take me down to the paradise city, Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, TAAAKE ME HOOOOME'' 

I've always wondered why he started singing it over the intro guitar solo too. Shhh Axl, that solo is so cool, let we hear it damn it!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KURT19 said:

In 1989, I watched Axl run around the Olympic track inside the Los Angeles Coliseum and any of the fans that tried to catch him all gassed out. 

I had always assumed that Axl did that on purpose.  Slash told me that Axl "fell off the stage" and had to run around to get back to the other side to climb back up.

Wtf...thats great story... anywhere a bootleg of that? And how did you know Slash?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

Wtf...thats great story... anywhere a bootleg of that? And how did you know Slash?

I do not know Slash.  Talked to him on a call-in radio program once and that's what he told me.

I also asked him about a rumor that Keith Richards had given GNR advice on sticking together as a band after they 'broke up' onstage while warming up for The Stones:

"Nobody could tell us SHIT in those days!" was his response.  Not even Keith Richards.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

I do not know Slash.  Talked to him on a call-in radio program once and that's what he told me.

I also asked him about a rumor that Keith Richards had given GNR advice on sticking together as a band after they 'broke up' onstage while warming up for The Stones:

"Nobody could tell us SHIT in those days!" was his response.  Not even Keith Richards.

hey thanks bro... interesting to hear...

any bootleg of that Axl fall?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoman said:

why do they never do the third verse of nightrain live,   im talking about the "and im looking for some, so's i can leave this slum" part

I wouldn't call that a 'verse'. Kinda like having some crumbs and calling it a cake. 

8 hours ago, J Dog said:

I also think You're Crazy (Lies) is one of the best tracks Guns ever laid down.

I think that is one of their top five recordings and don't understand why it isn't a mandatory live performance song.

Edited by Darth Fring
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

I've always wanted to know about Axl's rap on Rocket Queen on the Tokyo 92 DVD. What made him do it and why never do it again ? It was a great addition to the song and is one of the best parts of that show. 

I prefer this version.

Speaking of PC, I wish he'd quit yelling "look out!" like 4 times in the intro, and blow the whistle at the right moment.

Some night it would blow people's minds if Axl sang it like the album. 

I still enjoy the final all out speed jam portion of the song live though... makes a great fuckin ending. When the music finally stops and all that firework smoke hangs in the air, your ears are just a-ringing, all you can say is, well fuck that was some show...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Drakestar said:

I ran into Axl in a hallway and he mocked me. I totally froze. That is my confession. Kicking myself the instant that he bolted into a mysterious doorway with one GIANT dude protecting it.

How nice of him. I've heard from other fans that the most approachable members of the band are Duff and Slash.

• Like 2