The GNR anything thread

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

:lol:probably true!

As a side note, I've always wanted to work up a mock version of mygnr as if it existed in the UYI days. Just make one page of topics that would've been relevant then but be sure to include several topics on set list bitching, Axl's voice, Axl's clothes and so on lol. I've never taken to time to do it but I would imagine it would be funny.

you guys never thought on doing some listening partys of old bootlegs here?

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

- Shadow of Your Love should have replaced Anything Goes on AFD.

I feel like Shadow belongs to Live Like a Suicide...

For some reason I feel Anything Goes has slightly more of an Appetite feel, but it should have been dropped from Appetite and put on Live Like A Suicide...

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

Can anyone tell me:

- Who wrote Move to The City? Hollywood Rose?

- Why does Duff calls himself 'Rose' as in Duff Rose Mckagan?

Not sure about the first question but for the second question, the only thing I can tell you is that he and Axl were called the Rose brothers for whatever reason. I searched for why Duff's nickname was Rose but I couldn't find anything either. 

• Like 1

random thoughts on gnr from me and my dog:

ME:

- the intro to MY MICHELLE as played on the afd record has always haunted me.  every time i hear it it's headed somewhere dark, i want it to keep going, i want to follow it.  

- i hate that steven alders four bandmates didn't drag his ass to rehab and lock him in a room and kept him in the band.  

- matt had to earn my respect when he joined.  his poodle curls and drummer faces were very hard for me. 

- i believe there is a "next chapter" for guns with richard formally joining the band writing and recording.

- when i found out that izzy was denied a place on this tour over money a part of my youth died.  

- i truly believe axl rose is a great writer and i just hope HE knows that.  

MY DOG: 

- if izzy was a dog he'd be even better.  

- i like treats and walks and "hair of the dog" is my favorite song.

- i saw the CD album on the street and i barked at it right before i shit on it.  

- i would hump melissa's leg (but only for research purposes). 

- axl would love me because i am not an alpha, i submit immediately and hate confrontation.   

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Speaking of PC, I wish he'd quit yelling "look out!" like 4 times in the intro, and blow the whistle at the right moment.

Some night it would blow people's minds if Axl sang it like the album. 

I still enjoy the final all out speed jam portion of the song live though... makes a great fuckin ending. When the music finally stops and all that firework smoke hangs in the air, your ears are just a-ringing, all you can say is, well fuck that was some show...

Also the WHA_OH-OH YEAH YEAH which is thrown in all the  time in every chorus!:lol:

3 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

- the intro to MY MICHELLE as played on the afd record has always haunted me.  every time i hear it it's headed somewhere dark, i want it to keep going, i want to follow it.  

I remember that the Tokyo DVD has this song on the begining and My World at the end and the two always creeped the hell out of me when I was a kid

My random GnR thought for the day...

I really fucking wish the Buckethead/Brain/Fink lineup had used a different name. That band had a KILLER lineup and those early CD songs were awesome. Hell, I even liked Silkworms. Memory is foggy but I'm sure we even used to get Axl playing guitar live on TWAT. 

Using the GnR name really must of been a massive weight on the shoulders. 

If anyone can hit me up with a gig from this lineup with decent Axl vocals I would be most appreciative! 

Yeah about My Michelle being dark- whenever I hear it, I always flashback to 1988, to this old dirt back road where we would party in high school. We would throw old tires on the fire, flames would be ungodly high. Everyone's standing around the blaze, faces lit by it, AFD blasting from somebody's car speakers. The whole damn thing just comes all back to me whenever I hear the album version start... I can't describe it well enough but take my word for it... :lol:

• Like 4

On 2017-5-31 at 10:20 AM, maynard said:

Random GNR thoughts:

I haven't listened to a GNR song in months.

I haven't listened to a full GNR album in years.

I miss the NuGNR days a bit when they would deliver fiasco after fiasco and there were several jokes going on in here.

I honestly don't mind Melissa in the band. Think she's cute and talented, something Pitman could only dream of being.

I miss enjoying GNR but I simply lost any good feeling I had regarding the band.

When someone says you can't notice Axl's clean voice being at the concert I simply don't believe in that person. The difference is just too clear to go unnoticed.

Jokes at Melissa being labeled sexist 99% of the time and posts getting deleted because of it annoy me a lot. Pitman was bullied all the time here and didn't get any special treatment from the forum admin. Just don't see the difference between joking with a man and a woman, we are all equal in my view.

So why are you posting on a GNR forum?

7 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think Catcher in the Rye is a really cool song. I like Axl's vocals on it, especially towards the end

GNR Fact: The demo version of Catcher in the Rye is 10000x better than the album version.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

GNR Fact: The demo version of Catcher in the Rye is 10000x better than the album version.

For sure dude. Really wish they would've kept Brian May's solo even though I like Robin's the best. CITR and IRS both sounded really good as demos

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

Drunk thoughts on GNR:

Chinese Democracy could have been a great album if realeased in 2002 and not under the fucking GNR name; 

Oh My God is the best NuGNR song and should definitely be in CD;

Stephanie Seymour took the soul out of Axl and after the break up the guy became a total weirdo - and if it wasn't her, Axl would never got in touch with Beta Lebeis nor team brazil, so Stephanie is the worst thing that ever happened to this band lol;

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jafeijo said:

Axl would never got in touch with Beta Lebeis nor team brazil, so Stephanie is the worst thing that ever happened to this band lol;

I blame that chick Yoda too, the thing about Team Brazil is that they take care of Axl as a family, I don't know if they should manage GNR but I'm happy for Axl that he have a family

5 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

For sure dude. Really wish they would've kept Brian May's solo even though I like Robin's the best. CITR and IRS both sounded really good as demos

I thought Bumblefoot's solo is on CITR... and the outro solo is Finck?

13 hours ago, Manfisman said:

So why are you posting on a GNR forum?

I have spent around ten years here. I enjoy reading what some posters have to say although most of the good posters have left.

I enjoy sharing my often negative views on the band just to watch an army of asskissers quoting me in the most girly and adolescent way. I'm often surprised these people are adults and even older than me. :lol:

In the beginning of the NITL tour, it was cool to watch videos from Axl and Slash together again.

The movies and music sections are great.

And you, why do you post here?

Edited by maynard