A guess at the reason we are gettin so many CD tracks live

22 minutes ago, king2vo said:

Deja vu gets boring. 

Well, since there's no sign GNR is doing anything different that might spark new discussions and posters will always seek this place to vent their frustrations a bit, there's only one solution for you: leave the forum. How about that? Or do you want to censor posters? Or maybe you want to force everyone to like everything GNR? What could we do to change things? Help this place to move forward. Do you have new leaks? Any info regarding a new album? What can we do to stop the deja vu feeling?

5 minutes ago, maynard said:

Well, since there's no sign GNR is doing anything different that might spark new discussions and posters will always seek this place to vent their frustrations a bit, there's only one solution for you: leave the forum. How about that? Or do you want to censor posters? Or maybe you want to force everyone to like everything GNR? What could we do to change things? Help this place to move forward. Do you have new leaks? Any info regarding a new album? What can we do to stop the deja vu feeling?

Ok. So long. 

for me personally CD was good at first but outside a few gems I lost interest quickly 3 months about

as for the Illusions I disliked them at first , but once they grew on me they lasted for years literally , I would prefer maybe 1 or 2  cd songs live if I was going to a show max ..and would be fine with zero . just my useless 2 cents . 

• Like 2

I can't tell if we've got a bunch of fan fiction writers here or if we've got a bunch of people who believe they can read Duff, Axl and Slash's minds and have secret knowledge of their feelings that they are hiding from everyone else.

14 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

CD songs are new material to me because I never heard it until about 18 months ago. Since then I'm kinda worried what real new music would sound like. To sum it up...Not a fan of CD. Peace x .

I hear you.. I revisited CD when the reunion came about... Still terrible... 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

CD songs are new material to me because I never heard it until about 18 months ago. Since then I'm kinda worried what real new music would sound like. To sum it up...Not a fan of CD. Peace x .

Out of curiosity, what do you fear new GNR songs would sound like, based on what Chinese Democracy sounded like? Don't answer "I fear the music would sound like CD or I fear the music would sound terrible". I mean musically speaking, what exactly do you fear that new GNR music would be like?

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

The whole Slash/Duff wanting to play those songs bit is obviously just a party line.

I think it must've been agreed in the negotiations between Slash's manager and Mamacita Lebeis, that the Fuhrer would only agree to Slash's return on the condition that he plays CD songs. Of course, Mamacita Lebeis doesn't tell Axl that, she tells him that Slash and Duff wanted to perform these songs.

It must've been a bitter pill for Axl to swallow, knowing that for the last 5 years of NuGNR, his band was incapable of pulling in arena numbers in the States. He really had no choice, no label wanted to support another NuGNR release, and people weren't coming to the shows anymore. Instead of cutting his losses, and doing what Ronnie James Dio and Tony Iommi did when they renamed their band Heaven & Hell, Axl wanted to carry on the façade of NuGNR being a legitimate incarnation of the Guns N Roses. Partly because his delusion knows no bounds, and partly because it allows him to tour the world for another 4-5 years, not having to lift a finger to record any new music.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I hasten to bet that more casuals know songs like 'Think About You', 'you're Crazy' and 'Out Ta Get Me' than anything on Chinese. A lot of people have Appetite in their music collection who are not particular fans of the band because it is one of those seminal albums.

both these posts are right on.  

2 hours ago, king2vo said:

Yeah, let's party like it's 1993.  

But seriously, the casual fans you are talking about get what they want already: they want Sweet Child of Mine, It's So Easy, Live and Let Die, November Rain, Mr Brownstone, Jungle, Heaven's Door... 

Yes thats what the band is promoting with this tour. Nothing but nostalgia. They did it themselves. If they came back with a new album I would be open to them playing less "Casual songs". But with the way they have marketed this tour they should play all the hits every night. Thats what people bought the ticket for. Hence the increase in demand. People are disappointed and bored with some of the covers and most of the CD tracks. They get bored, and loose interest fast. 

Edited by Mark1989

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

The whole Slash/Duff wanting to play those songs bit is obviously just a party line.

I think it must've been agreed in the negotiations between Slash's manager and Mamacita Lebeis, that the Fuhrer would only agree to Slash's return on the condition that he plays CD songs. Of course, Mamacita Lebeis doesn't tell Axl that, she tells him that Slash and Duff wanted to perform these songs.

It must've been a bitter pill for Axl to swallow, knowing that for the last 5 years of NuGNR, his band was incapable of pulling in arena numbers in the States. He really had no choice, no label wanted to support another NuGNR release, and people weren't coming to the shows anymore. Instead of cutting his losses, and doing what Ronnie James Dio and Tony Iommi did when they renamed their band Heaven & Hell, Axl wanted to carry on the façade of NuGNR being a legitimate incarnation of the Guns N Roses. Partly because his delusion knows no bounds, and partly because it allows him to tour the world for another 4-5 years, not having to lift a finger to record any new music.

Assume much?

Also, WRONg on the Heaven and Hell comparison. Nice try though. Tony owns the name and could call it whatever he wanted to. They just toured as Heaven and Hell so nobody would come to the concerts upset because Dio wasn't playing Ozzy material. Big difference. If Tony still wanted to play the Ozzy material at that point he would have, and not changed the name. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

Out of curiosity, what do you fear new GNR songs would sound like, based on what Chinese Democracy sounded like? Don't answer "I fear the music would sound like CD or I fear the music would sound terrible". I mean musically speaking, what exactly do you fear that new GNR music would be like?

I think CD sounded too 'busy' if you know what i mean, just too much of everything and Axl's vocals were very unexpected, I mean that i didn't know he sang like that and I was shocked. When i joined this forum i remember someone posted a clip of him singing WTTJ and i thought Axl was pissing about doing a funny voice. He wasn't. That was his voice. Obviously this is just my opinion no malice intended. 

I would love an album of just rock/bluesy stuff. 

Edited by janrichmond
missed a 'no'

4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I think CD sounded too 'busy' if you know what i mean, just too much of everything and Axl's vocals were very unexpected, I mean that i didn't know he sang like that and I was shocked. When i joined this forum i remember someone posted a clip of him singing WTTJ and i thought Axl was pissing about doing a funny voice. He wasn't. That was his voice. Obviously this is just my opinion malice intended. 

I agree CD seems to be a mess of sound. I cant even hear Axl. Reminds me of Blow UP Your Video by ACDC. The songs would have been okay if they were produced right. I think the same for CD. 

• Like 1

A lot of people in this thread are jumping to insane conclusions. Why would Axl lie about Slash and Duff wanting to play CD songs? Axl may exaggerate or have his problems interfer with his intentions but he isn't a liar. 

Listen, if you don't like Chinese Democracy songs in the set your are entitled to your own tastes and feelings. Take a piss or beer break during the Chinese songs if they really bother you. Everyone's going to have a piece of a 3 hour concert they won't enjoy- some people don't like Slash's extended solos, or KOHD, or hell- Coma. Everyone in the current lineup of Guns, including Slash and Duff want to play the Chinese songs. You can dislike them all you want but please remember everyone can have their own opinion and a lot of people enjoy hearing Chinese tracks. It does not make Axl a "fuhrer" or manipulative that he loves to play songs off of Guns' most current album he poured his soul into for 15 damn years.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

both these posts are right on.  

People (young people)  dont have 'music collections' They have Spotify etc. Just cos I have Netflix, thats not a movie collection. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

I don't get this Führer or Fat Elvis -shit... Are you even fans of the band or do you just like to bitch? I mean, it's great to have different opinions and to get to speak freely, that makes a great forum. But those kind of words are pretty hateful and really negative.

• Like 1

The Chinese Democracy songs are played live cos its a Guns N' Roses album. End of. 

Do Pink Floyd fans wanna hear Ummagumma? Do Metallica fans want St Anger? Hell, some of them don't even want the Black Album. Bands cant always be perfect. Like it or not, Chinese Democracy is a HUGE part of GN'R lore and an album some fans waited a lifetime for and loved whether others like it or not. YOU CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE SO IF YOU ARE NOT PLEASED ALWAYS REMEMBER SOMEONE ELSE IS AND VICE VERSA. Its not rocket science. 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

32 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Assume much?

Also, WRONg on the Heaven and Hell comparison. Nice try though. Tony owns the name and could call it whatever he wanted to. They just toured as Heaven and Hell so nobody would come to the concerts upset because Dio wasn't playing Ozzy material. Big difference. If Tony still wanted to play the Ozzy material at that point he would have, and not changed the name. 

I think you'll find you're wrong buddy. Tony lost exclusive rights to the Sabbath name when he negotiated the first reunion tour with Ozzy in the mid-nineties. Hence why the revolving door of replacement singers ended and the only Sabbath album to be released since then is one with Ozzy on vocals. Dio confirmed as much when Heaven & Hell first got together. Nice try though, buddy.

Edited by Towelie

We all know that Axl like singing Chinese Democracy the most.

I think the band has every right to play Prostitute since it is the latest geniune GnR deepcut.

I'm not sure which song do you want instead? Axl is not capable and mostly doesn't want to perform Right Next Door To Hell or Locomotive ever. Get real.

• Think About You - 14 Years - Dust N' Bones - Ain't The First - Pretty TiedUp = Not Happening without Izzy 
  • So Fine-Get In The Ring-Breakdown-Shotgun BLues = B-sides, Not relevant enough.
  • Right Next Door To Hell - Locomotive - Perfect Crime - Dead Horse etc. = Not happening 'cause Axl's voice.

I just don't see any other GnR song that can be played instead of Prostitute. And also 'as good'. I think You're Crazy, Perfect Crime, Slither and Down On The Farm may be happening sometimes soon anyway.

Edited by Silent Jay

Just now, jekylhyde said:

I don't get this Führer or Fat Elvis -shit... Are you even fans of the band or do you just like to bitch? I mean, it's great to have different opinions and to get to speak freely, that makes a great forum. But those kind of words are pretty hateful and really negative.

it's not hate or negative.  this is a GUNS N' ROSES forum.  you want nice?  go to the norah jones forum down the street.  

axl rose is one of the best front men in the history of rock n' roll and he fronted one of the best bands… i would say it's more FRUSTRATION that axl's ego and the enablers he hires to surround him ruined said great band.  and now to charge people enormous sums while playing his solo material HE KNOWS only twenty to twenty-five people per show actually want to hear, it's delusional, it's rude, and it sucks the energy right out of the room every time a CD song starts.  

but staying on topic "the reason we are getting so many CD tracks live" is that axl and Team Yes are on a quest to legitimize CD and the employees that wrote it for him and toured behind it.    never.  gonna.  happen.  and while i hate it, i'm learning to understand Ivanka and Jared have made business decisions and are going to play CD songs to appease the little man.  

i'm not bashing axl… i'm CHALLENGING him to meet his potential and to create the final chapter that real gnr deserves.  i'm challenging him to accept CD failed, despite the time and money and layers axl hoped would save the record, it failed and nobody paying their hard earned money wants to hear it (right, except you, you and the other six people who give a shit).  failing is never easy, especially when you fail trying to prove to your bandmates you didn't need them and to the world you and you alone were gnr.  

for the record, i'm rooting for axl to get it right… and yes, different opinions/speaking freely = great forum… i totally agree.  this a great forum.  a big THANK YOU to those who run it and maintain it and deal with the headaches.  cheers.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner

14 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I think CD sounded too 'busy' if you know what i mean, just too much of everything and Axl's vocals were very unexpected, I mean that i didn't know he sang like that and I was shocked. When i joined this forum i remember someone posted a clip of him singing WTTJ and i thought Axl was pissing about doing a funny voice. He wasn't. That was his voice. Obviously this is just my opinion malice intended. 

Thanks, it's interesting to hear what people want from future GNR albums. I kinda suspected, you'd probably want a traditional bluesy rock record with a much simpler production.

Personally I liked CD. I liked the "busy" sound of it. Probably cause there's so much traditional bluesy rock music out there, so CD sounds refreshing to me. Don't get me wrong I would enjoy a back to the basics type album but... What I actually hope for is something between Chinese Democracy and Appetite. I hope that there's a couple of bluesy old school rock tracks, so that all the old GNR purists will have something to chew on. But at the same time, I hope that it's not going to be just a nostalgia record.

Personally I feel that the reason why rock music is dead these days is, because bands are too afraid to try new things. People want new and fresh things and if rock music is too afraid to change, people will get bored with it. And that's in my opinion exactly what's happening. Rock music is dying because it doesn't offer anything new anymore. Old school GNR fans want GNR to go back to the old sound. But if GNR wants to be a somewhat relevant band, they should also try new things and not only try to please old fans. 

So I hope for a couple of old school rockers and also some new music that sounds fresh and exciting. But in the end any kind of new GNR music is better than nothing and I'll probably like what ever music they'll end up releasing one day. As for Axl's voice, I hope that on the next record he'll sing a lot with his lower voice and I also hope that he screams a lot on the record. These days he always sounds good live, when he's either singing with a low voice or when he screams. 

But yeah, these are obviously just my opinions.

• Like 1