A guess at the reason we are gettin so many CD tracks live

2 hours ago, EvH said:

Doesn't change the fact that it is a Guns N'Roses album.

A lot of people having an opinion has never made it any truer.

Define 'Guns N' Roses' for me?

I define it by the assemblage of Rose, Hudson, McKagan, Stradlin, (preferably) Adler. I do not define it by a moniker on the front of a compact disc featuring the pasted noodlings of a series of hacks, journeymen and irritants - and only one of the aforementioned key dramatis personae present!

If McCartney had the temerity to stick 'Beatles' on the front cover of Band on the Run, Band on the Run would no more be 'Beatles' than Chinese is 'Guns'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

At the show I attended, people were estatic over Chinese Democracy (the song) as its a definite rock song without any frills and fits into the set quite nicely. People were applauding and screaming like crazy over both Axl and Slash in This I Love. The stadium audience does not hate CD songs.

Well I ve seen 3 Shows in Austria from NuGNR and nearly anybody was excited or whatever about the Songs, nearly nobody sang along...... Don t know which continent you have attended a concert, but in middle europe reception to CD Songs during a NUGNR concert was not that good.....

And for those who will ask "So why did you go to a Show where you wouldnt like 25% of the setlist?" Why: Because from 2006 to 2014 in Europe the only GNR Songs I could hear live were the ones performed by NuGNR with Axl and I saw them with 3 times live because I wanted to hear Axl s Voice! I enjoyed the concerts, only during the CD Songs I was a bit bored. I also saw Slash & MK in 2015 because I wanted to hear how GNR Songs Sound like if MK sings them. Personally I don t like his voice and stage presence at all. I  am a huge Axl Fan, but I am no CD fan.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input guys tho I think it derailed a lil lol :) I never said CD wasn't a GNR album I simply said the real reason we are possibly getting so many CD tracks live is cuz there is NO NEW ALBUM and possibly never will be lol as sad as that sounds. Add the fact Slash n Duff never played on it , havin them play it now would technically be 'NEW". :) I just think that sounds right.. The evolution of CD lol

OH and FYI, the GNR 2010 gig in Syd Aust had nearly 80.000 ppl there the same as the reunion. And dare I say it, the 2010 show overall was better. Despite not havin slash at that time...

Edited by tim10101
forgot
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

This is the setlist from Susan insta story.

DxB11NJ.jpg

And this is the setlist from one of the promoter Insta. Trigger warning for the purist because its contain insensitive material (i.e. NuGuns member name)

18722339_246085492535928_771381525135491

Izzy Stradlin's name is all over the setlist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, supercool said:

Why was it better ?

Axl's performances were just incredible in 2009-2010.

Also since the reunion, Live Nation controls his behavior on-stage (zero diva hissy-fits and zero criminal behavior like inciting riots). Not real Axl.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DTV88 said:

The early demos and even the antiquiet leaks showed so much more promise than what was released.

I was actually somewhat into a few of the songs early on.. I loved the initial RIO version of CD.. Madagascar and The Blues were pretty good.... Oh my God was ok but didn't sound anything like Guns and sounds terribly dated now.. What was the other one at that show? Rhiad? That one was terrible.. Everything else I have heard since was terrible too.. CD was the song I liked the most but the album version is weak...

Edited by Tom-Ass

5 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Also since the reunion, Live Nation controls his behavior on-stage (zero diva hissy-fits and zero criminal behavior like inciting riots). Not real Axl.

The time when Axl incited riots passed a Long time ago. Since NuGNR there were never riots or similar things like "thanks to the lameass security I am going home". The most dangerous Thing was that the concert began 1-2 hours late in 2009. So no Connection to Livenation I assume.

3 hours ago, ironmt said:

There Is very little If any reception for the Chinese songs at the shows I attended. As a matter of fact, most people sit down or run for a beer.

That is what I have noticed as well. Or they just talk to each other..

17 minutes ago, Natty said:

The time when Axl incited riots passed a Long time ago. Since NuGNR there were never riots or similar things like "thanks to the lameass security I am going home". The most dangerous Thing was that the concert began 1-2 hours late in 2009. So no Connection to Livenation I assume.

I'm not sure where you're pulling this out from, but they've been a few riots during the chinese democracy tour, in Philadelphia or in Dublin. Axl's kicking paparazzis before one tour, constantly stopping in the middle of the opener and kicking people out of the concert which yes, he was usually three hours late.

It is also important to note that Axl's level of rasp in 2010 was as strong as the 90s. There were rambling rants. Axl was angry and entertaining, now he's a boring happy bellyfat singer cucked by Live Nation and the industry.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Natty said:

Are you saying there were no riots at NuGuns shows? Because there were... Axl failed to show up for shows and entire tours..

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Are you saying there were no riots at NuGuns shows? Because there were... Axl failed to show up for shows and entire tours..

Really? I didnt notice that .. 

I remember the riot in dublin because "fans" threw bottles on him. But I don t remember other things. Thanks for the info

2 minutes ago, Natty said:

Really? I didnt notice that .. 

I remember the riot in dublin because "fans" threw bottles on him. But I don t remember other things. Thanks for the info

There were two riots in 2002 alone which led to the cancellation of the rest of the tour. Vancouver and Philadelphia - both a result of no shows from Axl.

2006 had some better press but even many of those shows still had some pretty late starts. I'd say the consistency of "on time" started more beyond the 2009 shows.

Just now, Silent Jay said:

I agree. Axl was so good in 2010 I didn't even care about Ashba.

Last year, I had a hard time trying to even hearing Axl's vocals, while in 2010 he was just incredible.

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

Interesting. Do you have proof for this nonsense?

On 5/31/2017 at 4:28 AM, Lio said:

Some time ago I read on this forum someone didn't want new music from this line-up, now I'm reading someone wants the show to be shorter. My head is spinning here. Sorry, I can't take this seriously.

So fuckin dumb, isn't it...

On 5/31/2017 at 10:05 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Here is a damning statistic for you. 42% of the current setlist is either Chinese or a cover!

Fantastic! Hopefully they'll soon takeout some of the old overplayed stodge and add Prostitute and Twat permanently. Then in 2018 or 2019 they can take out even more Appetite and Illusions stuff and give it a LONG rest whilst they add more new songs from Chinese 2 and this lineup. 

one guess I have as to why so many CD tracks: They didnt even wanna hear Frank try to learn any classic material that he hadn't already played live regularly.  They worked up a handful of classic tracks frank hadn't played and understood they'd need to focus on them to help him find the groove.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Fantastic! Hopefully they'll soon takeout some of the old overplayed stodge and add Prostitute and Twat permanently. Then in 2018 or 2019 they can take out even more Appetite and Illusions stuff and give it a LONG rest whilst they add more new songs from Chinese 2 and this lineup. 

About as good an idea as Tiger Woods's decision to go for a spin in the car the other day.

• Like 1