Is It Time For A Seperate Forum For nuGN'R Discussion On myGNR?

With the plethora of nuGN'R discussion still rampant, but with the sea change of Slash and Duff permanently back in the fold not to mention regular updates and seemingly "normal" activity from our fave band, is it high time the mods and powers that be split the discussion in the forum between clear boundaries of nu-GN'R and Guns N' Roses '16/'17?

Please vote YES or NO

Just now, default_ said:

Id say yes but what if Slash and Duff are out again after NITL? 

then it won't be guns n roses again (minus izzy and steven & matt). 

Just now, todreamofwolves said:

Technically, NuGNR still exist. Last I checked, Izzy and Steven still aren't back in the band, AND that's extremely unfortunate for the fan base.

so unfortunate.  tragic.  

guns n roses is five guys.  then steven made huge mistakes and matt joined to record the illusion records.  then izzy left for his health and gilby toured the illusion records playing izzy's parts.  then the band broke up.  then the band semi-reformed with three band members snuffing out the other two for the money.   so instead we get two employee holdovers from axl's solo years - frank playing steven and matt's parts and fortus playing izzy's parts.  so staying on topic… there need not be divided forums… there is only one guns n' roses… and Chicken Head and DJ Ashba were never a part of it.  

Just now, Original said:

Axl solo would be more apt.  

AXL: i want to be guns n' roses without any of the other four band members. 

LAWYERS: will you pay us absorbent amounts of money?  

AXL: i'll do whatever it takes.  

LAWYERS: then yes, you can call your solo album "guns n' roses."  

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 2

No, I'm pretty sure everyone here can live with discussions about the current band and the previous line up all under the same roof... we're not that sensitive. I consider it one and the same what's going on right now anyway!

22 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Absolutely 100000x no. Additional subforums dilute the community too much for next to no gain.
The homepage becomes overwhelming for the average user. You end up with "ghost" areas of the site and people spend half their time arguing about the "section" a particular topic belongs in.

At the end of the day, this is a Guns N' Roses forum. It's one band. The subject matter alone is not broad enough to justify splitting it out into too many different categories.

Better to have all the content spread over fewer places IMHO. This maximises viewership and participation in the discussion.

tl;dr - The less sections we have, the better.

Actually.... this ^

QFT

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Then Slash and Duff may find themselves in the fake section. They are playing more Chinese than Buckethead!

i love your posts.  they may find themselves in the fake section anyway if they don't bring back izzy and pay him right.  

i'd prefer one forum… everyone reading everyones thoughts from all sides… regardless if some sides are enabled by team yes and lawyers.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

With the plethora of nuGN'R discussion still rampant, but with the sea change of Slash and Duff permanently back in the fold not to mention regular updates and seemingly "normal" activity from our fave band, is it high time the mods and powers that be split the discussion in the forum between clear boundaries of nu-GN'R and Guns N' Roses '16/'17?

Please vote YES or NO

Noooooooo!!!!!!??

56 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Absolutely 100000x no. Additional subforums dilute the community too much for next to no gain.
The homepage becomes overwhelming for the average user. You end up with "ghost" areas of the site and people spend half their time arguing about the "section" a particular topic belongs in.

At the end of the day, this is a Guns N' Roses forum. It's one band. The subject matter alone is not broad enough to justify splitting it out into too many different categories.

Better to have all the content spread over fewer places IMHO. This maximises viewership and participation in the discussion.

tl;dr - The less sections we have, the better.

Agreed