Is It Time For A Seperate Forum For nuGN'R Discussion On myGNR?

40 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I miss the days when people who called them"NuGNR" had to fuck off to the Pre-1994 section of the board.

you mean the "guns n' roses" section of the board.  the pre-axl hired employee section.  

• Like 1

yes. to a certain extent. if someone wants to talk about bucketheads solo on a cd track then thats gnr related cuz its discussing a gnr album but i dont give a shit if dj is selling water or if bumblefoot fucked a monkey. some stuff should just be moved to that anything goes section. we dont need a new sub forum for it

3 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

AXL: i want to be guns n' roses without any of the other four band members. 

LAWYERS: will you pay us absorbent exorbitant amounts of money?  

AXL: i'll do whatever it takes.  

LAWYERS: then yes, you can call your solo album "guns n' roses."  

Also seperate separate.  Fixed the typos, 'cause it had to be done.  :P

On topic - NO.  

Edited by triad

3 hours ago, Graeme said:

I miss the days when people who called them"NuGNR" had to fuck off to the Pre-1994 section of the board.

But that's just the thing; they didn't. An enormous amount of staff time was spent policing who should post where...  the people forced off to those sections felt like they were being "censored" or accused of trolling simply for their tastes or opinions. 

We all have different opinions - by removing the "where this post belongs" question from the equation, people can focus more on the topic at hand and less on forum-semantics. There is no quesiton of preferential treatment, etc.

1 minute ago, highvoltage said:

But that's just the thing; they didn't. An enormous amount of staff time was spent policing who should post where...  the people forced off to those sections felt like they were being "censored" or accused of trolling simply for their tastes or opinions. 

We all have different opinions - by removing the "where this post belongs" question from the equation, people can focus more on the topic at hand and less on forum-semantics. There is no quesiton of preferential treatment, etc.

Pal, I don't actually care at all anymore, the band more-or-less died for me in 2012, I'm here for the craic in Anything Goes.

Posting things that irritate the "AFD line-up or bust" guys who I've always found to be insufferable pains in the arse is just an occasional hobby. 

• Like 1

The people who hated nuGNR will say yes, those who liked it will say no lol.

Overall I mean if someone doesn't wanna talk about nuGNR they can just not click the thread, no?  Separating the discussion forum into too many different things I think would be less productive overall

Nah, that would be very stupid. In the so called NuGNR era, it was totally okay to talk about the history of GNR even on this main forum. Why shouldn't it be allowed anymore?

If there would be a so called NuGNR subforum, then I guess there should be an Appetite lineup subforum too and perhaps a UYI-lineup subforum also and talking about Steven and Izzy should not be allowed here.

But that would be stupid. This is a GNR forum and just like before, we should be allowed to talk about everything GNR related on this main forum.

7 hours ago, highvoltage said:

Absolutely 100000x no. Additional subforums dilute the community too much for next to no gain.
The homepage becomes overwhelming for the average user. You end up with "ghost" areas of the site and people spend half their time arguing about the "section" a particular topic belongs in.

At the end of the day, this is a Guns N' Roses forum. It's one band. The subject matter alone is not broad enough to justify splitting it out into too many different categories.

Better to have all the content spread over fewer places IMHO. This maximises viewership and participation in the discussion.

tl;dr - The less sections we have, the better.

Totally this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Graeme said:

Wow, that s the weirdest Thing I ever have read on this Forum. Everything NuGNR ever did was because GNR existed. They wouldn't have any song besides the CD Songs and would never had that Impact in the Music world without the "pre-1994" era.

OMG , I can t believe what you write? !! Pre 1994 era is the band that created ALL this Magic. This pre 94 era wrote sweet child o mine, Nightrain, November Rain, Out to Get me, and so on. You prefer the times when People like me had to fuck off to the pre-1994 section... that s too much... really:facepalm: :anger:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Natty said:

Wow, that s the weirdest Thing I ever have read on this Forum. Everything NuGNR ever did was because GNR existed. They wouldn't have any song besides the CD Songs and would never had that Impact in the Music world without the "pre-1994" era.

OMG , I can t believe what you write? !! Pre 1994 era is the band that created ALL this Magic. This pre 94 era wrote sweet child o mine, Nightrain, November Rain, Out to Get me, and so on. You prefer the times when People like me had to fuck off to the pre-1994 section... that s too much... really:facepalm: :anger:

Relax :lol: