Sweet Child Drum Mistake

Has anyone else noticed that when the drums kick in at the start of 'Sweet Child O' Mine' it sounds like Steven Adler mistakenly goes to the hihats but then immediately corrects to play the ride cymbal? It's a drummer thing but I like that they kept it in there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, m_rated96 said:

Has anyone else noticed that when the drums kick in at the start of 'Sweet Child O' Mine' it sounds like Steven Adler mistakenly goes to the hihats but then immediately corrects to play the ride cymbal? It's a drummer thing but I like that they kept it in there.

I cannot remember when or where I heard this, but that was done intently from my recollection.  

10 hours ago, m_rated96 said:

Really? I kind of doubt it. He doesn't play that way live. And in a few interview's Adler's mentioned that he only got once chance to play it in the studio - one take

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/original-guns-n-roses-drummer-steven-adler-explains-his-timing-issues-on-appetite-for-destruction-album/

That may be it....dude I'm trying to recall something from 25+ years ago.  It may have been he knew the mistake was made but they intently said fuck it just leave it there like the other noted issues on a couple others.

Several mistakes on AFD. IMO Steven doesn't complete the last drum fill build-up after the break down on "I-I-I-I where do we go now" then corrects and finishes the fill.

The biggest mistake is on PC Axl sings something weird instead of "I must be losing my mind, are you blind?"

It was a rock n' roll album recorded in thirty days, recorded in the way all great rock albums are. You always hear plectrum noises, miscues, mistakes (left in), in jokes, on the great albums by The Beatles, Stones, Hendrix etc. This is the way it is meant to be. Did you know that on The Beatles' song 'Girl', the backing vocals are not, ''dit-dit-dit-dit'' but ''tit-tit-tit''?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tyler Drama said:

Dude, he definitely sings that.

On Appetite? Am I the only one to hear it? I hear something like "I must be losing my falling heart, Are you blind?" That's the way I've interpreted it for 30 years now. Played live I hear the correct words though.

• Like 1

Just now, 31illusions said:

On Appetite? Am I the only one to hear it? I hear something like "I must be losing my falling heart, Are you blind?" That's the way I've interpreted it for 30 years now. Played live I hear the correct words though.

Yeah, you're definitely the only one to hear that. :lol:

• Like 4