Lyric Changes?!?

I'd mentioned in the GN'R Anything thread about Paradise City inexplicably changing 'set me down' to 'spin me round' over the years. 

Another that gets on my tits is 'feeling like a space brain' is now 'speeding like a space train' or something to that effect. 

There are others that I can't remember at the min but will add when I do. 

Do any of you guys notice these, have any more examples, and lastly do they annoy you as much as they do me? 

Cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzymacbeth said:

I'd mentioned in the GN'R Anything thread about Paradise City inexplicably changing 'set me down' to 'spin me round' over the years. 

Another that gets on my tits is 'feeling like a space brain' is now 'speeding like a space train' or something to that effect. 

There are others that I can't remember at the min but will add when I do. 

Do any of you guys notice these, have any more examples, and lastly do they annoy you as much as they do me? 

Cheers

i like the lyrics to jungle rio 1991 second night!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i like the lyrics to jungle rio 1991 second night!

Were they unable to put out the teleprompters?  Forget the lyrics, for anybody complaining about Axl's performances now, this was pretty awful and he was in his prime then.

and me? i am fucking bored!

Just now, Gnrcane said:

Were they unable to put out the teleprompters?  Forget the lyrics, for anybody complaining about Axl's performances now, this was pretty awful and he was in his prime then.

that is one of the best axl performances ever

I thought Axl said "Hell it's so Easy" in Vegas in April last year but I might have been hearing things or maybe that's how that line goes even though I thought it was "well"

8:05 he says Hell and I always thought it was Well 

also there's so slight changes to Street of Dreams depending on what version Axl finishes with but only in 06 

Edited by IncitingChaos

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Hasn't it always been "speedin' like a space brain" the second time though?

Always thought it was 'feeling' and not 'speeding'. Could be wrong though. Anyone have the album sleeve handy? 

Was ot not 'set me down'? Again anyone have a sleeve handy? 

Edited by Izzymacbeth

7 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Literally sounds like a bad Axl Rose impersonator there.

10 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Was there ever any reason given for the teleprompters? Because if I can remember the word to every GNR song, you'd think Axl could have. And he was usually the most sober one on stage back then.

Supposedly so that Axl could keep track of where he was in the song, not that he couldn't remember the lyrics.  Although videos like the WTTG above would argue against that since he was forgetting at the beginning.  He's not the only one to use them.  I know Aerosmith has them for Steven Tyler (and did 15+ years ago).

6 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Supposedly so that Axl could keep track of where he was in the song, not that he couldn't remember the lyrics.  Although videos like the WTTG above would argue against that since he was forgetting at the beginning.  He's not the only one to use them.  I know Aerosmith has them for Steven Tyler (and did 15+ years ago).

Most big bands use em. It probably allowed Axl to be as good as he was with AC/DC Bc he was accustomed to using one and not having studied the lyrics very long it allowed him to be close to perfect in that department 

• 3 weeks later...