Who else misses Dizzy's piano solo?

I have to say that I miss his piano solo. Never cared much about it during earlier years. But I listened to Ziggy Stardust recently and it was awesome

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I have to say that I miss his piano solo. Never cared much about it during earlier years. But I listened to Ziggy Stardust recently and it was awesome

always thought Dizzy was underrated. he's a good musician and a nice guy :) 

• Like 1

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

always thought Dizzy was underrated. he's a good musician and a nice guy :) 

He is! I discovered the wonderful music of David Bowie through him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that is wonderful my friend! :)

I love his piano at songs like 14 Years, Don't Cry (live), Estranged (live), Nightrain (live), Street of Dreams and CITR

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Manfisman said:

Dizzy probably misses it too. And that's about it.

I think that it is too much of a mood kiler when you are there on the concert. Kinda like Sorum's drum solo

You're sooooooo totally wrong about this! I really enjoy drum solos, if a drummer does a solo, that's always a highlight to me.

6 hours ago, Zurimor said:

You're sooooooo totally wrong about this! I really enjoy drum solos, if a drummer does a solo, that's always a highlight to me.

That's probably OT but I really enjoined Mikkey Dee's drum solos during the Motörhead concerts.

Edited by Sosso

I think the solo spots he's done are preformed below his abilities, both in creative choice and performance.  One I saw live he seemed to just hit chords on every quarter note, kinda banging away.  

But I know he's way better, so I dont know whats up?  He seems like someone with some nervousness, so maybe that

He should do Little Richard or something from that era!

13 minutes ago, soon said:

I think the solo spots he's done are preformed below his abilities, both in creative choice and performance.  One I saw live he seemed to just hit chords on every quarter note, kinda banging away.  

But I know he's way better, so I dont know whats up?  He seems like someone with some nervousness, so maybe that

He should do Little Richard or something from that era!

Lucille would be great!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sosso said:

He is! I discovered the wonderful music of David Bowie through him.

Seriously?! 

"David who?"
"Bowie, David Bowie. His famous songs include Starman, Ch-ch-changes and Ziggy Stardust"
"Ah, the extraneous piano player from Guns N' Roses covers him"

You know I'm only kidding, glad you discovered Bowie somehow! :P 

-----------------------------------------

Dizzy has done what every career-driven employee does, and has made himself indispensable. Love him being in GN'R. 

What we've got here is failure to communicate. NITLT tour is all about Slash and Axl reuniting with a dash of Duff on the side. Im not saying no one else is important to some people but the age old Axl vs Slash is what is filling stadiums in the USA.

Every player getting a solo is too much. I understand it on one level: it allows Axl time to rest his throat during a near-three-hour show. It's better than a shorter set or intermission. But it was sometimes killing the crowd on the old tour to see a Bumble solo, an Ashba solo, a Dizzy solo.

No, I do not miss it. I rather enjoy Axl's piano playing as the run-up to "November Rain."

I would be into seeing Dizzy solo "Street of Dreams" or something, a condensed version. Someone else brought it up above. That would be pretty cool, but ultimately probably  a tease to not have the rest of the band perform it.