Are people meeting the band?

Hello!

I know some are meeting Duff while walking around the cities, but what about the others? I've seen some photos of fans with Axl, but where they were? Outside the hotel?

I've met Axl when he was touring with AC/DC, because he ALWAYS went outside the venues to meet those who were waiting for him. What about this tour? I'm not finding any photos like this, as the ones you could see after EVERY AC/DC concert.

Tell me if you know something about it.  Thank you.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Axl hates GNR fans, don't you know? If you are pretty 20 year old girl call him tho he will welcome you with open arms and something more.

This is stupid to say. As I said before, many people (me between them) met him during the tour with AC/DC and the many tours during the last years. He met all kinds of people (men, women, beautiful, normal, "ugly", etc) and treated everyone the same way. I can say from my experience that he was very sweet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bloodydiana said:

This is stupid to say. As I said before, many people (me between them) met him during the tour with AC/DC and the many tours during the last years. He met all kinds of people (men, women, beautiful, normal, "ugly", etc) and treated everyone the same way. I can say from my experience that he was very sweet.

I'm joking, but that he doesn't appreciate fans enough is true. It's been 1 year since tour began and they didin't do decent interview that says enough.

Edited by DexAxl

10 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

I'm joking, but that he doesn't appreciate fans enough is true. It's been 1 year since tour began and they didin't do decent interview that says enough.

Okay, I'm sorry, then, I didn't want to sound bad. Anyway, I still think your thought is wrong, because, although everyone complains about the fact that he could smile a little bit more or that they could do more interviews, he/they show their affection to the fans in many other ways.

But I'm not here to defend anyone nor to start some kind of flame. I've never wrote anything here, just read, and I'm not a negative type of person, neither when it comes to talk about things I like, so I would like to avoid to go off-topic.

Edited by bloodydiana
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bloodydiana said:

I've met Axl when he was touring with AC/DC, because he ALWAYS went outside the venues to meet those who were waiting for him. What about this tour? I'm not finding any photos like this, as the ones you could see after EVERY AC/DC concert.

Lucky for some! I chanced my arm by waiting outside the Etihad in Manchester but there was no sign, Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown passed us though. Apparently they were hushed into vans as soon as the gig finished but those security fellas talk some amount of Rafael Scheidt.

Just now, Dean said:

Lucky for some! I chanced my arm by waiting outside the Etihad in Manchester but there was no sign, Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown passed us though. Apparently they were hushed into vans as soon as the gig finished but those security fellas talk some amount of Rafael Scheidt.

What I've learnt is that you NEVER have to trust security. I'm sure that if you had waited a little more, you would have met them.

Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown played too at the AC/DC concert that I attended and, outside the venue, passed us before everyone else too, but we waited and waited and then we saw Angus go away in his car (he didn't stay) and met Axl.

Just now, bloodydiana said:

What I've learnt is that you NEVER have to trust security. I'm sure that if you had waited a little more, you would have met them.

Tyler Bryant and the Shakedown played too at the AC/DC concert that I attended and, outside the venue, passed us before everyone else too, but we waited and waited and then we saw Angus go away in his car (he didn't stay) and met Axl.

A fella there was telling us this. I think the gig finished around 10:30 and we waited for around 3 hours. I had deadlines to be handed in that morning in Scotland so didn't want to hang about any longer. I always did wonder though if that group we were standing with did succeed in meeting them. The fella was in his 40's wearing double denim with a patch sewn onto his jacket from the 2002 Leeds show, and had a bag of vinyl for Axl to sign.

It's much harder at stadiums than arenas. I'd say it's pointless waiting at the end of a stadium. Hotel or airport, but probably not before a show. It's just down to Luck or wait till they play smaller venues. I've met axl slash and duff at smaller venues.

3 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Axl did a pretty long interview, though, and with fans asking questions instead of journalists. Not his fault that most of the questions were shitty.

3 hours ago, Original said:

The only fan pics we (I) have seen on here this tour are mostly with Axl of all people.  Whatever the guys do during the off time I'm sure they try and be incognito for the most part.   

This,Duff is more  the diplomatic the band ?

11 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

Axl did a pretty long interview, though, and with fans asking questions instead of journalists. Not his fault that most of the questions were shitty.

True that and Axl and duff did a sit down interview as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 9:21 AM, shotsfired cro said:

if they are, hopefully someone asks them about Izzy rejoining and Frank departure

This is probably why they won't meet with fans or do interviews. Dodging the big questions.

I know a few people who met Axl last time he was in London at the hotel he was staying at. I thought about doing it this time and then thought how I would feel if people were bugging me at a hotel and I thought fuck that.

If I meet him then cool, but I'm not going to be camping outside of his hotel to do it.

• Like 1