Arena show vs. stadium

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:29 PM, Bono said:

Arena shows are always better period. Better sound, for the most part better atmosphere as everyone is crammed together more. the staging and lighting always looks better in an arena. It's just better

No, arena shows are just better because the traffic to exit at the end isn't as bad..

I actually prefer stadiums, especially outdoor stadium shows. They seem like more of an "event". Arenas are already huge, so might as well go big or go home imo. I am fine with either, though, and I've seen GNR in both so its all good.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AlexC said:

What stage did they use when they played Yokohama and Kobe? (It looked the same as the stadium stage but it must've been smaller since those shows were played to a crowd of 17,000 and 8,000.) I'd imagine they'll use that.

No idea.  I wasn't there.  

I personally rather a "small" 10-15000 indoor arena 1. The sound 2. more people around you that really love the band, versus more people in general but only a quarter really know the material. The sound at the 2 NITL gigs I went to was fairly up and down, 5/10, 6 at tops. I'd like to see them playing in doors. Not sure if that's on the cards for Europe though, and if it is I hope it's in support of a record rather than a 2nd leg of Euro/UK dates.

I loved the 2009/10 chines tour stage, with the circular ego ramp, and the great pyro on Chinese the song, they could do something similar with jungle if they opened with that later on this year. I'd imagine it's the same set again though, considering they won't be going back into rehearsals.

Edited by Tom2112

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 8:57 AM, IncitingChaos said:

Smaller screens, less stairs, better sound. I'll make the prediction that the arena leg will be the best we hear Axl sounding on the entire NITL tour. Should be the best shows to see as a fan 

In Japan they played a few arena size venues and they stage setup and screens were the same it was just a tight squeeze