What made you smile today?

Eric Cantona

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

My daughter came home from school the other day and she said "mummy... guess what..I saw a lady at school today who was even fatter than you!"

Honestly, they will break you some days :lol:

when my daughter [no2] was little i was taking her to nursery and it had been raining, she saw an oil patch on the road and thought it was a dead rainbow.

• Like 3

My husband is going on a day out tomorrow. We had this conversation:

"Can I take that leftover paella with me for lunch tomorrow?"

"Sure you can, but won't you prefer a Subway or something?"

"It's ok my love, I'll take the leftovers".

"Honestly love, I know we're watching what we spend, but treat yourself to lunch out, I'll eat the paella".

"But your cooking is tastier than anything I could buy". 

:heart:

23 hours ago, janrichmond said:

when my daughter [no2] was little i was taking her to nursery and it had been raining, she saw an oil patch on the road and thought it was a dead rainbow.

There are many days I fear what lies in store for me. But hearing this story has renewed my excitement. So cute! 

Just now, Gracii Guns said:

There are many days I fear what lies in store for me. But hearing this story has renewed my excitement. So cute! 

You are in for a rollercoaster ride of your life. Sometimes it will be tough and tiring but the rewards are so worth it. It [parenting] was the hardest yet best and rewarding time ever.

Be warned though, the time flies by so fast in the first year so take photos,lots of photos, lol :hug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not the easiest dish to make, paella either. And how you pronounce the word 'paella' indicates your level of middle class pretentiousness haha.

did you use real saffron? and if so did you have to get a loan at the bank to purchase it? i love paella and i have a feeling you make a pretty dang great one! and what is the correct pronunciation of it?

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

did you use real saffron? and if so did you have to get a loan at the bank to purchase it? i love paella and i have a feeling you make a pretty dang great one! and what is the correct pronunciation of it?

It wouldn't be paella without saffron. It is expensive. I remember buying some in Barcelona once, in this great market off las rambalas.

Something like, ''pae' eh a'', or, (using really Anglophonic expressions), ''Pie A a''.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

It wouldn't be paella without saffron. It is expensive. I remember buying some in Barcelona once, in this great market of las rambalas.

Something like, ''pae' eh a'', or, (using really Anglophonic expressions), ''Pie A a''.

i have had paella but i doubt it had saffron in it.

wow you were in Barcelona, is it as beautiful as they say it is and how it looks in pictures and such? i watched the movie Barcelona a few years back...it was cool and strange but i liked it :) i am a big fan of Chris Eigeman's :)

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have had paella but i doubt it had saffron in it.

wow you were in Barcelona, is it as beautiful as they say it is and how it looks in pictures and such? i watched the movie Barcelona a few years back...it was cool and strange but i liked it :) i am a big fan of Chris Eigeman's :)

I love Barca. Antoni Gaudi's decorative buildings. It has a beach. It is a city with a beach, and the beach is artificial. It was imported before the Olympic Games. I must revisit Barcelona.

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I love Barca. Antoni Gaudi's decorative buildings. It has a beach. It is a city with a beach, and the beach is artificial. It was imported before the Olympic Games. I must revisit Barcelona.

my friend from high school, who is very brilliant, is a translator ( she speaks several languages.) she is married to a man from Barcelona. they met and married and lived in Ecuador for many many years and were planning to move back to Barcelona and i was thinking cool, i can visit her there! instead they moved to Portugal which she never really explained why.

go! visit again and take tons of pics so i can visit there vicariously through you :)

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

my friend from high school, who is very brilliant, is a translator ( she speaks several languages.) she is married to a man from Barcelona. they met and married and lived in Ecuador for many many years and were planning to move back to Barcelona and i was thinking cool, i can visit her there! instead they moved to Portugal which she never really explained why.

go! visit again and take tons of pics so i can visit there vicariously through you :)

Well I am off to Crete next because I won that holiday. I think that is October? On Monday I go to Chesterfield to watch cricket; I 'll be there for four days.

• Like 1