2 weeks in New York?

The guys will be playing MSG on a Wednesday then have 3 full days off before the 2nd show then a full week off before they head to Boston. Any speculation on what they maybe doing during this time? I'm thinking Fallon with a surprise gig or two

49 minutes ago, jonah said:

The guys will be playing MSG on a Wednesday then have 3 full days off before the 2nd show then a full week off before they head to Boston. Any speculation on what they maybe doing during this time? I'm thinking Fallon with a surprise gig or two

That would be an appropriate time for an interview with Howard Stern.

• Like 1

They clearly are on hiatus there, going to the beach, maybe make a trip to New England or one of those cute little islands, do some sightseeing and shopping, the usual stuff.

In all seriousness, it's not unusual that bands have some longer breaks while touring, being at a different place every 2-3 days is exhausting and to stretch the shows there over 2 weeks can help a lot with that. I wouldn't expect anything.

Edited by Zurimor

I am willing to bet there are going to be more NYC area shows, Nassau Coliseum is probably going to get one, also the Barclays Center, Prudential Center maybe, they probably expected the sales to be better than they are that is why there are so many open dates in between shows, definitely planned on adding a 2nd and 3rd show in alot of cities

• Like 1

Probably just a result of the only two nights that The Garden was available that week just happened to be 3 days apart. As for the week following that I suspect another standard arena date around that area will be announced. Possibly a third night at MSG if the other two sell out or just somewhere random in New England.

Forget a TV show appearance, it ain't happening.

2 hours ago, Original said:

Slash n Duff will prob go home and see families.  Axl- didn't he go on some bender in NYC a few years back...like he raged 24/7 for a few days in a row?

Haha, it would be amazing to see 55 year old Axl tear up the town on a rager.

• Like 1

They like and have lived in NYC. Especially Axl, Richard and Frank who still lives in the area. They all have life long friends there. So this break is no surprise. I too would hope for some late night TV show gigs but you never know with this band when it comes to TV appearances and interviews. Should be an active 2 weeks for me. Not rushing to get tickets this time around tho 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

There had been some discussion on this in another forum I am in.  Some people are thinking there will be a CT or Boston date mixed in between. MSG owners also own the Hartford civic (XL) center here in Hartford CT, so I am praying for a Hartford date thrown in there. If not, I'll still enjoy my Hershey, Buffalo, and MSG shows, but a show 10 miles from my house would be epic. Haha

• Like 2

I think they will have a fun little city excursion... just the 7 of them, to boost band morale. Maybe first a little shopping on 5th avenue, then a trip to the top of the Empire State building! When their feet get tired, they will hitch a ride from a bicycle taxi... Axl and Slash will take one of their own, apart from the rest of the band, to reminisce about the past, and discuss plans for the new album. 

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, jonah said:

Damn if I was in NYC I would be walking all around the city hoping to catch one of them, especially Axl. It would be something to meet him.:lol:

Funny when I saw the dates of these concerts, I thought the same thing. You know they will be partying in NYC!

check out if there are any other concerts, the guys might take in a show or two while they are there.

Maybe they'll stay in the Plaza?