That "Oh My God" Moment On The Tour

Im sure everyone wether watching in person or online through periscope has had an "Oh My God" moment for me it happened at the first Las Vegas show when Axl Started singing "November Rain" from nowhere tears were streaming down my face  i thought thankyou ive waited 27 years for that 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Im sure everyone wether watching in person or online through periscope has had an "Oh My God" moment for me it happened at the first Las Vegas show when Axl Started singing "November Rain" from nowhere tears were streaming down my face  i thought thankyou ive waited 27 years for that 

I was at the second Vegas show and for me it was the very second the heartbeat started for Coma.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, username said:

They haven't even played Oh My God yet. 

If they did play Oh My God, that would be another oh my god moment for me. Oh my god, it'd be so cool if they played Oh My God!

• Like 3

I've had a few moments.

1)  The very first tiny leaked video from the Troubadour.  It was only like 10 seconds long.  But there they were... Axl, Slash and Duff on stage together.

2)  Watching a periscope of Vegas and suddenly I start hearing a heartbeat... is it?   No... Surely not... COMA!

3)  When i finally got to see the show, when the guns started shooting on stage, followed by looney tunes, equaliser and McBob.  The excitement was unbelievable 

• Like 1

I'm 31 years old. I first listened to GNR as a toddler with my "cool, young, rock n roll Aunt". Since I was 10 I thought I'd never see Slash and Axl share a stage "in my lifetime."

Just being able to see them live at MetLife Stadium with over 50,000 people just a few hundred feet from the OG Giants Stadium they rocked back in the day was a  HUGE OMG moment for me. 

They're not my personal favorite songs but the performances of SCOM and NR live was incredible. Being in a a huge crowd where 99% of the people are singing along is one of my favorite things in life. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

When I saw them in person, the biggest thrill was probably "It's So Easy" cause for the first time in my life....there they were.  Axl, Slash, and Duff.  On the SAME stage.  Playing a GNR song.

The next thing that blew me away was actually Chinese Democracy...had nothing to do with the song.  But that was when Slash came over to my side of the stage and just fucking started shredding.  It was my first close up look at Slash with my own two eyes.  He was playing the green guitar (I'm not a guitar guy...sorry, don't know which one it was.  Just green.)  And I started crying.  I just was so overwhelmed with joy and emotion I cried like a little girl.

Also:  Coma.  The whole goddamn thing.  Wow.

Definitely cried during Estranged.  And again for Duff.  And one more time but I forget why.  I just remember thinking "jesus christ man, you cried FOUR times at this show.  Get a grip!"

I almost started crying just reading your post. :) 

• Like 1

The whole month of April of last year was incredible. Hearing about the Troubadour, watching the first footage surface, the lead up to Vegas, following along on Periscope, not knowing what they were gonna play. Absolutely mind blowing. The performances were great too, especially Coachella.

Also April was double the excitement for me because I already had AC/DC tickets and when Axl was announced as the replacement that was just the cherry on top of everything.

Although seeing Axl live with AC/DC was over the top impressive, I suspect going to see this lineup for the first time in London next week will surpass all of this by a mile though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

The second I saw them rolling Axl out at the first show in Vegas. It was surreal.

Same here, Vegas 1, where we heard about the wheelchair thing just a couple hours before the show.
The lights turning off, the "nurse" rolling him like an old man, and then, the magic happened...

• Like 2

Everything with the Troubadour show. The rumors, people lining up, the first picture of the Troub marquee with "Not in this lifetime..." And then those leaked vids. Of everything, even seeing them live, the insane intensity of following that night on here was unreal. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, axlslash said:

Everything with the Troubadour show. The rumors, people lining up, the first picture of the Troub marquee with "Not in this lifetime..." And then those leaked vids. Of everything, even seeing them live, the insane intensity of following that night on here was unreal. 

Almost forgot about that!
This was DEFINITELY an "Oh My God" moment:

guns-n-roses-not-in-this-lifetime-axl-ro

• Like 2

The WTTJ intro in Philly last year when I was there. Waited so long for that it made me cry.

Also the first time I saw the fireworks and confetti at the end of a NITL Paradise City performance.

• Like 1

The build-up to the Troubador gig and the gig itself. Even if I had to watch a Periscope of somebody (I think it was Fede) standing across the street. That was incredible. As was when I got to see a show in Adelaide earlier this year. When It's So Easy kicked in I was loving it.

There were a couple moments that stood out for me... 

1. Chicago 1 when the band took the stage. I'd been waiting a couple years at that point to see the band and since 2012 for the reunion. 

2. When they played Sorry in Philadelphia. I saw it on Periscope and thought it was a little ironic for Slash to be playing it but still awesome.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87