That "Oh My God" Moment On The Tour

I went to the second Vegas show and the Philly one. Right before they started playing in Vegas Axl said "good evening" and it hit me that I was in the same room as these guys that I've spent millions of hours watching concerts and listening to. Never thought I would experience it in person.

All that stuff that happened on that Troubadour gig day... That was really my "oh my god" moment.
The realization on that night before what was really going on. Sitting in Europe and chewing my ass off in excitement. The first time in my life I knew things first (thanks to Mygnr) and I was really pissed that I had no chance to get there.

I went to the show in Dubai. Don't get me wrong, it was great. But seeing them live on stage ... I don't know how to say this and what was really wrong. But something was missing.

• Like 1

The whole April month (the Troubadour day, watching the other shows through periscope, the first pictures)

Watching Steven with them. First through periscope again but then live! Getting to see 80% of my favorite band was beyond my wildest dreams! 

Definitely just seeing Slash there representing the GNR name again was a massive thing for me. It took him like 3 seconds to remind the entire world he's the guy who belong there as lead guitarist of this fucked up band. He's been a monster the whole tour and I don't see him stopping or slowing down anytime soon

This one's outside of the GNR tour but still: Izzy opening a twitter account. Having him back in the band would have been better but the whole twitter gate was crazy and hilarious. Love him so much!

I was at the Slane show, pretty much the whole thing was my "Oh my God" moment as it was my first GNR gig and I was lucky enough to have 3 of the original 5 on stage in front of me.

The opening to WTTJ, been waiting a long, long time to experience that live; Black Hole Sun; turning around and seeing that huge crowd backed the whole way up the hill and the feeling of being part of it; "your friend, and mine, Slash"; TWAT simply because I wasn't expecting it at all and it's probably my favourite song off CD.

Most of all I just couldn't get my head around the fact that on stage with Axl Rose was the very same Slash I had seen 7 years previously in a comparatively tiny venue in Belfast, it was all so surreal.

• Like 1

For me that moment came during the first show Steven Adler showed up

I remember watching Periscope after having one too many White Russians to drink and freaking the fuck out in my room as soon as Axl introduced him

• 5 weeks later...

I was at both of the VEGAS shows for the NITL tour. 

Without a doubt, when Coma played the first night and then Dont Cry the second night. 

I was worried I wouldn't hear it because it was omitted the first night.

And of course when I heard on the radio that he couldn't walk. Scared the crap out of me as I already flew in.

On 6/9/2017 at 0:48 PM, Izzymacbeth said:

When I saw the beer prices at Slane I said 'oh my god I can't afford to get shitfaced' 

Tasted like piss anyway :lol:

I've only been to one show, Slane, so that's my 'oh my god' moment. The opening riff to ISE.. I swear I was going to cry. Genuinely had to hold back tears. WTTJ - that epic scream, everyone went crazy. Fuck I want to go again.

My 'OMG' moments were when hearing the first chords of "Coma", while at the show.

And then seeing Steven Adler coming up to stage in Buenos Aires, receiving the ovation of thousands of people. It was so emotional and his grin I still have it stuck in my head.

• Like 1