Open Letters to GN’R from Fans

2 hours ago, default_ said:

I have no idea why this fanclub still exists lol It is useless, pointless and the band gives a total of zero fucks to it.

They dont even have privileged news or content to share with members as they do nothing but shows. lol

I'm not so sure if it really is that useless. Through the fan club I got tickets for every show I wanted (FOS) and without hassle, expect Vegas, where I didn't get pit, but got tickets. In 3 instances even days after tix went on sale and were otherwise gone. I got out of it what I wanted. That said, I didn't renew it, as I got my tickets.

Edited by PatrickS77

I haven't read this whole rant. Way too long and pointless. And I don't understand why it got posted here when it has nothing to do with this forum. The only thing fans can do if they don't like the fan club is to cancel their membership. I agree the fan club presale is bullshit because GA Pit or Golden Circle are not available. And it is true that Live Nation and Tickermaster scalp their tickets. The only way to change this is zero members.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Padme said:

I haven't read this whole rant. Way too long and pointless. And I don't understand why it got posted here when it has nothing to do with this forum. The only thing fans can do if they don't like the fan club is to cancel their membership. I agree the fan club presale is bullshit because GA Pit or Golden Circle are not available. And it is true that Live Nation and Tickermaster scalp their tickets. The only way to change this is zero members.

Golden Circle was available in Europe.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

what is this guy trying to do? Get free tickets for the next show?

if you want to write the managment, then write the managment, managment sure as hell doesn't come to read your post here.

Personaly, there are at least 3 major problems to be adressed that are more important.

1) Where is Izzy?

2) why the fuck are techno chick, drummer beginner and Izzy wannabe still in this band?

3) why didn't the setlist change much in the last 15 months?

4) what is the freakin' deal with 1/5 of the setlist being covers?

and, and, and...

Of all the problems concerning GNR, the fan club is about the LAST thing I'd complain about.

The post above hits the nail on the head.  If they solve the issues listed above, THEN, maybe, they can start thinking about the fan club ... :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Using the fan club presale password? I know it was available with AMEX Card and for Live Nation account members

Yes yes exactly! Tickets went onsale 9th of December and I used Nightrain presale code and got 2 golden circle tickets to Finland and 2 golden circle tickets to Czech Republic. Ticketmaster/Live Nation was the dealer.

• Like 1

Sorry, for some reason when I posted this it was posting as black font on the grey background and it would only allow me to make it white if it was in bold.  Perhaps the computer I was using?  I don't know.  It has been corrected!  Thanks for reading for those who did, for those that didn't that's cool too. :headbang:

1 hour ago, troccoli said:

Sorry, for some reason when I posted this it was posting as black font on the grey background and it would only allow me to make it white if it was in bold.  Perhaps the computer I was using?  I don't know.  It has been corrected!  Thanks for reading for those who did, for those that didn't that's cool too. :headbang:

Don't worry TROCCOLLI you  true fan ☺

• Like 1

That fanclub is all lies. They sold a lot of memberships (-renewls) early 2016 with bait advertising like 'monthly contests for all members' and promises like 'we'll take care of you longtime members'

Its all nonsense they sell.  Just fix that first.

And by the way: this fanclub was over 5 weeks offline in the most interesting of GNR-times in almost 25 years (from easter until the end of april 2016) :facepalm:

Edited by Ender04
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ender04 said:

That fanclub is all lies. They sold a lot of memberships (-renewls) early 2016 with bait advertising like 'monthly contests for all members' and promises like 'we'll take care of you longtime members'

Its all nonsense they sell.  Just fix that first.

And by the way: this fanclub was over 5 weeks offline in the most interesting of GNR-times in almost 25 years (from easter until the end of april 2016) :facepalm:

I remember when it first appeared it had ''exclusive online contact'' or something similar on the advertisement.

On 06/06/2017 at 5:06 PM, troccoli said:

As for the merchandise stands I really cannot fathom what the hell is going on.  One, although it was well intended (and it may not still be happening for all I know), don’t have that merchandise stand that opens early outside of the venue.  What’s happening is that people (that aren’t even attending the show) are buying multiple limited event shirts and posters and selling them for profit on eBay.  This is not speculation but fact.  Two, for some reason not every merchandise stand carries the same stuff.  I can understand if one runs out of something, but I am talking about even when they first open.  This is bewildering.  Third, they run out of bags for people to carry stuff in.  Again I can completely relate to running out of a shirt/poster/bandana/etc., but bags?  Really?!?!?  Fourth, I would advise limiting the limited-edition show event posters and shirts to one each per customer.  Believe me when I tell you this is against my own interest since I am a collector and most times my only way to get my hands on something is from a friend at the show.  But it would be the fair thing to do for those that are attending the shows.  Lastly, if there is any merchandise left from a show it should be available for purchase on the GN’R store.  At the very least an email should be sent to fan club member with links on where to buy it.  Leftover merchandise from the New Zealand/Australia/Singapore shows was available on third party websites.  The great news is that it was available at show prices.  The bad news is that by the time most people found out a lot of items were sold out.  Just better overall awareness is needed, you know?

Definitely +1000 with you on this.

Not so sure if it's happening so much on this Euro leg, but at least on the US one where resellers were getting stuck right into all the litho and t-shirt one-offs which was absolutely disgraceful for the real fans wanting the 1 unit for themselves and not even being able to get that...

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, k12 said:

GNR is about making money, they couldn't care less about having the "fans" get the best seats, that is Pearl Jam's shtick, and Metallica is known as fan friendly band as well hence their free Meet and Greet and Snake Pit giveaways , if you think this GNR semi-reunion is about anything other than making as much money as possible than you are kidding yourself, and having the "fans" get the best seats at a reduced price is going to hinder that

As sad as it is, this is what is comes down to. It's all about money. I'm not hating on them for wanting to turn a profit. But the funny thing is, they could do right by the fans and STILL make piles of money. Who charges $2500 for a VIP "ultimate" package that DOESN'T include a meet and greet?? Would it really be THAT hard to shake someone's hand and stand still for 3 seconds to take a picture and make someone's year? Can you imagine having your picture taken with the "Big 3?" That would be something I would even invest in! Every day that passes, it becomes more clear that the "Big 3" don't give a shit about the fans and they're just out for all they can get. I hate to say that, but what other conclusion can you come to? No interviews, no press, no TV appearances, etc. The fan club and the seats they offer are worthless. The fan club members should get first crack at pits and the better seats. I read a post somewhere where someone mentioned the shows at Dodger Stadium and the first few rows were filled with "models." Clearly its more important to have beautiful but shallow girls sitting up front who spend the show taking selfies and checking their makeup rather than actual fans jumping up and down and singing along.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, k12 said:

Edited by delilahrose
  • Like 3

On 6/6/2017 at 1:06 PM, troccoli said:

they both offer downloads of their shows

Impossible! Axl is a perfectionist, and the shows varies too much from each other.

Edited by SeBaZ
  • Like 1

The drum clinic I met Steven back in Sydney in 2009 was approachable and you could take pictures and let him  sign some of your stuff. Hes a lot more "approachable" and you didn't need to pay a shitload for the privilidge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

The drum clinic I met Steven back in Sydney in 2009 was approachable and you could take pictures and let him  sign some of your stuff. Hes a lot more "approachable" and you didn't need to pay a shitload for the privilidge.

Love that 2009 cell phone video quality! :)

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I did the Adelaide appearance, it was a great night! Didn't realise it was that long ago, but yep Adler was approachable and spent time afterwards signing things for people.

if it was all about money, things would be MUCH better organized! if people who know what theyre doing stay on top of their job, stuff gets done. stuff getting done means more money for everyone involved in gnr!