Open Letters to GN’R from Fans

4 hours ago, maynard said:

So... has GNR replied to you already? What did they say?

lol, they most certainly have not but I'm not expecting that anyways.  Just an effort to improve things would be what I'm looking for.  I really wrote it as a way to voice the concerns of the masses.  I actually did score a pit ticket for the Staples show through the fan club presale and I am grateful for that.  The problem is that it seems like it may have been the only one sold or the only one that scalpers didn't get.

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They told him to ''stop whining'' and ''buy a beach towel''.

LMAO.  https://goo.gl/images/7FfTga

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

...or a $100 pillow.

hahahhahaha, it truly is ridiculous you know and all you can do is just laugh. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 0:55 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Guns N' Roses, since Rose took over, have always done things seemingly antithetical to logic and altruism.

So ... since the beginning? Axl has always been the leader.

On topic: I agree with the majority of the sentiments. The GNR website in general has never been run properly (they don't even have a band bio page). And a lot of the membership promises never materialized, particularly when they turned around and let Ticketmaster run things. Wonderful Union was a little, but not THAT MUCH better.

I was lucky enough to get pit tickets for the Chicago arena show through Nightrain presale. However, in the past, Citi card presale was my way into the pit. The Nightrain presale just was NOT giving me anything close.

Just now, GnR Chris said:

So ... since the beginning? Axl has always been the leader.

On topic: I agree with the majority of the sentiments. The GNR website in general has never been run properly (they don't even have a band bio page). And a lot of the membership promises never materialized, particularly when they turned around and let Ticketmaster run things. Wonderful Union was a little, but not THAT MUCH better.

I was lucky enough to get pit tickets for the Chicago arena show through Nightrain presale. However, in the past, Citi card presale was my way into the pit. The Nightrain presale just was NOT giving me anything close.

Do not agree with that. The Appetite era was a lot more democratic.

• Like 1

I'll try to condense this as much as possible to prevent obnoxious length. Thanks for reading.

I woke up this morning after lying in bed for a few minutes and immediately felt compelled to create this note I had no plan of writing before. I was viewing my usual phone apps in the morning to catch me up to speed with information I may have missed while I was snoozing. I opened  Instagram, scrolled down and immediately saw that GNR next's stop was Imola, Italy. It's the same shtick every time. Whoever heads the GNR social media will post some awesome artwork leading up the concert, followed by  an array of concert images and short videos. Basically everything that has been seen at every show since the the latest tour has began.  Then something triggered me to type this. 

I'm 31 year old male from the United States . About 15 years ago I was in the car with my friend and "Welcome to the Jungle" came on. I was vaguely familiar with GNR at that time and  thought of them as just another hairband with hits like  "Sweet Child O' Mine".  The music  scene in early 2000 was coming off popular bands Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, and your Blink 182s. When I heard WTTJ it can be comparable to when fans heard it for the first time in 1987, when I was barely alive.  The difference in quality of music was astonishing after listening to basically crap during my high school years. This was shortly after the disastrous 2002 VMA performance and I was very confused on how AXL went from greatness to what I had heard on MTV. I continued to learn about the band and listen to every song from then on.

Fast forward to 2017.  3 NITL shows(that I couldn't afford but went anyway), the bullshit Nightrain fan club that I couldn't even use to buy the overpriced tickets, multiple Slash live performances, an array of NuGuns shows have been attended. Not to mention I was blessed enough to live in the same town that featured a solid local GNR cover band that is still around to this day, which I have probably seen 20+ times..  I  have definitely paid my dues as a fan so much that I have replaced damaged speakers in my car from playing Coma so loud that my hearing has probably deteriorated over the years.  I am a true fan as well as everyone else here on this forum. 

Going back to GNR's Instagram. I take one look at it. I don't see any passion there. I see the absolute minimum being displayed for the fans.  I've been patient. Through the Chinese Democracy fiasco, the meaningless album statements, the band changes. This isn't a plea for a new album, a full reunion, or a request for GNR to play in my backyard. Give the true fans a bone. The fans that have lined your pockets will millions of dollars in the past year. A majority of us are hardworking people that have invested a lot of time and effort to promote your music and keep the train rolling. There has been little return investment as a die-hard GNR fan other than a few AWESOME live performances if you are fortunate enough to afford one. 
To paraphrase, GNR has been a very positive blip in my life. The music has lifted me when I'm down and exceeded greater happiness when I'm cotent with life. Maybe that's all I can ask for at the end of the day.  I have seen what the other members of the band are capable of.  Slash has released plenty of content, Adler always puts the fans first, Duff reportedly reunited the band. That leads me to Axl. One of the top 10 greatest singers of the past 30 years. I'm a huge a fan of Axl's talents and to an extent totally understand the reclusive lifestyle.  I'm sure its a testament to why GNR is still able to pack out stadiums. The mystery is still there for some.

For me, the mystery is officially gone. I'm exhausted from trying to convince my peers why GNR is the greatest band on the planet.  I'm ready to move on from GNR.  Axl Rose will die a wealthy man on the account of the fans hard earned money. His talent did indeed get him there, but fans continued to support the band even through the nightmarish times. Now,  I'm sure GNR recognized that their die-hard fan base isn't going anywhere, now they are trying to milk the casual fans one more time before riding off in the sunset is the obvious endgame here. That's the legacy that scares me the most for this band, because I see so much more potential there. If all of this support that has been given was just to line the pockets of the band one last time with little regard to the fans, then I'm done. I'm finished being a die-hard. I can't speak for the future. Hell, for all I know this band has 3 albums planned to release in the next year. As a fan, I'm exhausted with waiting or wondering. Not seeing any kind of hints or genuine interviews has taken it's toll. This isn't a whiny fan . I'm forever grateful for the music and live performances. I want just a little more than the casual fan, but I have gotten the same.

I could've made this post 3 times longer, but out of respect to whoever reads this I didn't. Ha.  

AXL, GIVE THE TRUE GNR FANS A BONE!

Thanks for reading. 

-SW

• Like 1

I've been listening to a hell of a lot of TOOL music lately.  Don't know why...but I like it.  It's almost like I've discovered them for the first time, weird. A good weird that is.  "H" is an ear worm currently stick inside my head.  Luvin' it.  "Considerately killing me"

thanks for for sharing your thoughts on the gunners.

• Like 1

You're trying to appeal to a moral center and sense of justice that simply does not exist.

And your wording is unfortunate. I'm sure Axl would respond by looking at your girlfriend and saying "Turn around, bitch. I'll give you a bone."

@GnR Chris

Whatever man. I'm the last one to whine. It appears to me that you would die a happy GNR fan if the NITL tour was the end. I wouldn't . It's too easy to call someone who is entitled who was happy sitting  3 nosebleed shows last year and been happy with it. I can't think of any band that has ever been so dodgy with album questions with bullshit unclear answers. The only thing GNR owes me financially is a refund from that mediocre fan club.  When did it become too much as fan to ask for a song or two because I love the band want to hear more. Seems like a good problem for Axl and Co to have. But I'm entitled. OK.

Edited by AppetiteForSomething
Correct

Dude, tour is going on to places they havent before, they havent had the fuckin time to record and release yet. These guys hated each other for 20 fuckin years, they cant just start talkin' and in the next minute writte and record an album. 

Everyone's loking forward new material, but give 'em a fuckin break to mend the stitches and rebound, Its not the time yet. 

• Like 2

@HOOSIER GUNZ

I wrote this. I don't want anything. I hope that GNR expands their productivity outside of the live stage as they haven't since Chinese Democracy. I would also enjoy a world where you aren't labeled "entitled" because you hope for more productivity but  see no sign of it outside of NITL. I'm still a GNR fan. But the days of me drinking the Kool Aid accepting the fact that's it in the Norm. That "we aren't going to give you new music and if you request a song you are labeled a entitled spoiled brat" . Can this band do no wrong to some people ?

Edited by AppetiteForSomething

13 minutes ago, AppetiteForSomething said:

@GnR Chris

Whatever man. I'm the last one to whine. It appears to me that you would die a happy GNR fan if the NITL tour was the end. I wouldn't . It's too easy to call someone who is entitled who was happy sitting  3 nosebleed shows last year and been happy with it. I can't think of any band that has ever been so dodgy with album questions with bullshit unclear answers. The only thing GNR owes me financially is a refund from that mediocre fan club.  When did it become too much as fan to ask for a song or two because I love the band want to hear more. Seems like a good problem for Axl and Co to have. But I'm entitled. OK.

I didn't mean offense. I guess I should have worded it differently. I want new music too. But if they honestly have no idea when, what do you expect them to say? When he was giving predictions way back when for CD, we kept blowing by rumored dates.

Fan club is definitely dodgy and I agree there. That's why I agreed with Trocoli's open letter.

21 minutes ago, AppetiteForSomething said:

@default_

That has been said since day one. Will you ever get tired of making excuses for unproductivity of new music?

Its not a excuse, its just what it is, its only a year since the band got back together and they havent got the time to do it yet. I agree with the sentiment but they really havent got the time to do it yet. 

I dont consider Axl solo as Guns N' Roses, what we got now is (?) Guns N' Roses and not Axl N' the Aliens. So dont give up yet, you waited for so long and when you finally got the band back you gonna quit? Shame on you, wait 'till the tour is over. 

• Like 1