Open Letters to GN’R from Fans

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

In all honesty, I've given up on ever hearing new GN'R tracks. I just don't think it's ever gonna happen, so I stopped getting mad about it. Too much other great music coming out by other great artists to worry about getting new material from a band that just doesn't seem to want to produce any.

But things changed. New music by Guns is probably a possibility again since Duff and Slash are back. Maybe Axl re-thinks some things, who knows...

Yeh interesting thread here and I share the same sentiments exactly. Gnr releasing brand new music is like the second coming of Christ. Aint happeneing. Tho maybe one day it just might lmao

AND don't forget the sequel to CD and the remix cd were DONE in 2014, then the reunion happened.

Edited by tim10101

Just now, Towelie said:

You don't get bored listening to those same albums over and over? Can I ask, how long have you been a fan?

Since they released Appetite In 1987. Seen them live In 92 at Three Rivers Stadium In Pittsburgh Pa.  I can't honestly say that I wouldn't be Interested In a new album and It will probably come after the tour Is finished, but I believe that the material from the first 4 albums was so strong that If we never got anything else, I would be content. I can understand your aggravation, but they are obviously looking at this from a business perspective as opposed to a fans. 

8 minutes ago, ironmt said:

Since they released Appetite In 1987. Seen them live In 92 at Three Rivers Stadium In Pittsburgh Pa.  I can't honestly say that I wouldn't be Interested In a new album and It will probably come after the tour Is finished, but I believe that the material from the first 4 albums was so strong that If we never got anything else, I would be content. I can understand your aggravation, but they are obviously looking at this from a business perspective as opposed to a fans. 

I dunno, to me, this tour is for the casual fans. The ones who own a Greatest Hits or maybe just a copy of Appetite. This is why songs like Coma and CD-era music is considered time for a piss break.

I would just like to see the band do something for the fans who own every single album and know every song off by heart. They might not be the most profitable demographic, but they fucking love this band to death, so why not put out some music for the ones who care?

I think Appetite is one of the best hard rock albums ever released, and Lies and the Illusions to have their moments, but Jesus, I'm bored with this paltry catalogue. Twenty-five years with only one album is woefully unprolific and a serious indictment on Rose as a songwriter.

It would be as if the Stones packed it in somewhere around Aftermath, and proceeded to just play songs from those early albums forevermore.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think Appetite is one of the best hard rock albums ever released, and Lies and the Illusions to have their moments, but Jesus, I'm bored with this paltry catalogue. Twenty-five years with only one album is woefully unprolific and a serious indictment on Rose as a songwriter.

It would be as if the Stones packed it in somewhere around Aftermath, and proceeded to just play songs from those early albums forevermore.

I dunno about you though Diesel, you hated CD, so I really don't think you'd dig anything they put out now, even if Hell froze over and they actually released something new.

Just now, Towelie said:

I dunno, to me, this tour is for the casual fans. The ones who own a Greatest Hits or maybe just a copy of Appetite. This is why songs like Coma and CD-era music is considered time for a piss break.

I would just like to see the band do something for the fans who own every single album and know every song off by heart. They might not be the most profitable demographic, but they fucking love this band to death, so why not put out some music for the ones who care?

I see where you are coming from but I don't ever recall them being a band that decided "Hey, let's do something for the fans, just to give back" It would be nice, but they are certainly not on Metallica's level when It comes to being fan friendly. On the other hand, I recall something about Metallica screwing over fans with napster so maybe they weren't a good example. I really don't follow them,  so I am not positive on that but I recall reading a story from many years ago. In the end, when the tour Is over you will probably get what you have been waiting for.

Just now, Towelie said:

I dunno about you though Diesel, you hated CD, so I really don't think you'd dig anything they put out now, even if Hell froze over and they actually released something new.

Yes - one shit album in twenty-five years - so I'm buggered either way. Slash and Duff would surely rein in the bleeps though and make Rose produce something of higher quality?

If you chuck Stradlin in there, I'm completely onboard.

• Like 1

Yes - one shit album in twenty-five years - so I'm buggered either way. Slash and Duff would surely rein in the bleeps though and make Rose produce something of higher quality?

Did you not think anything on Chinese was GNR worthy?

I would think so, can't get much worse than Chinese. I own more than I care to admit when It comes to Guns N Roses and Chinese Democracy Is not on that list.

Just now, Towelie said:

Did you not think anything on Chinese was GNR worthy?

IRS is alright. The problem is, everything of good is swamped in production. I actually preferred the live versions and demos. Madagascar sounded much better at Rio 3 for instance.

IRS is alright. The problem is, everything of good is swamped in production. I actually preferred the live versions and demos. Madagascar sounded much better at Rio 3 for instance.

I did hear a rumour once that you loved Shacklers Revenge, is that right?

Oh dear. I do not know why Rose decided to fart around with Numetal. He is better than that genre.

What do you think of Slash and Duff's take on Better? I would imagine something along those lines being a sound they could compromise on with the next record....

Chinese Democracy is a patchwork of many ideas, musicians and producers. None of these tracks sounds done. 

Go in a studio, record a song, add some digital elements. Ok. 

But every track on CD sounds like they edited a song 100 times. With tons of different musicians, cheap pitman elements, etc. It's better than Beach Boys Smile, but that's it. 

Like DieselDaisy said, the first IRS leak sounded very interesting cause it had a blues vibe and wasn't edited that many times. 

The ideas of CD were interesting in terms of an Axl solo record. It still completely failed as a good rock album. And it was blasphemy to label it as a GNR album. 

The costs of 13+ million dollars crowns this disaster. 

Edited by 2414225

11 minutes ago, Towelie said:

What do you think of Slash and Duff's take on Better? I would imagine something along those lines being a sound they could compromise on with the next record....

I only briefly heard a clip from the Vegas show haha. I cannot remember.

• downzy changed the title to Open Letters to GN’R from Fans

Merged the second open letter with the first thread.  

We really don't need a new thread every time every member wants to write something to GNR.  

There are nearly 50k members on this forum and things would go a little haywire if many started new threads to address their issues or concerns with the band.

If you want to speak to the band, band members, management going forward please use this thread.  I can't confirm that anyone associated with the band will ever see it, but at least this platform is here if you feel the need to get something off your chest.  

10 hours ago, bigpoop said:

They have had plenty of time. Coachella - Vegas was two months, San Diego - Lima was two months, Dubai - Slane was two months. 

So that's six whole months off  the road. More than enough time to record something if they were so inclined. They're obviously not.

Dude, Axl and Slash were hating each other two years ago, do you think it just got erased in the second they talked on phone for the first time?

Im pretty sure still mixed feelings over there and thats probably why they chose not to do something yet and I totally understand that. Just imagine if they have done it and their relationship went nuts again?

They r fuckin humans and they are doing everything carefully to avoid the band to colapse again. 

On Thursday, June 08, 2017 at 10:44 PM, Billsfan said:

Are those $12,000 watches still available? Just won a scratch off and wanted to burn my winnings... Screw investing :P 

I have a guns n roses watch I'll sell for $6000. I'm sure Axl helped design it. Just cause your a fan I'm cutting you a deal.

10 hours ago, default_ said:

Dude, Axl and Slash were hating each other two years ago, do you think it just got erased in the second they talked on phone for the first time?

Im pretty sure still mixed feelings over there and thats probably why they chose not to do something yet and I totally understand that. Just imagine if they have done it and their relationship went nuts again?

They r fuckin humans and they are doing everything carefully to avoid the band to colapse again. 

Nah.  They probably only truly hated each other for "only" 8 years ('95-2003).  Axl knew CD and " Nu Guns" was a shit show and Slash wanted to "prove" himself (not that he needed to) with VR and SMKC stuff. After that it was just a pissing match. 

22 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Oh dear. I do not know why Rose decided to fart around with Numetal. He is better than that genre.

There's very little nu metal on CD. Shackler's is the only one with Korn element. Scraped is more RATM/Evil Empire. Better has a whiff of NIN but doubt many could pick it out of a line up. None of the production team are nu metal, I'd say it's way more Alt rock than nu metal. 

7 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

GN'R Management to @troccoli and the rest of us:

Angryrevx.gif

What's up with the mountains? 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

There's very little nu metal on CD. Shackler's is the only one with Korn element. Scraped is more RATM/Evil Empire. Better has a whiff of NIN but doubt many could pick it out of a line up. None of the production team are nu metal, I'd say it's way more Alt rock than nu metal. 

Just as bad.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just as bad.

Seems a bit narrowed minded but it's a free country. 

I sort of see a link between Young and Pearl Jam Nirvana. So I think Axl can sing those or Soundgarden/AIC. They are just like old classic rock bands really. 

Axl on a pure Korn song would be weird but Shacklers has some Zombie element too. 

Edited by wasted

5 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I love that mygnr started a separate thread for these open letters.

the band don't give a fuck about reading someone's "meaningful" pleading, and neither do I.

And yet you cared enough to post a reply.  Hmm...

• Like 2