13th anniversary of Contraband from Velvet Revolver

Sosso

I´ve always wondered what kind of record this would have been, if Axl would have sung it. I like first record with Weiland very much too, so this is just speculating..

Edited by Loot Man

I still remember buying this record on my 15th birthday and wearing it out within two weeks. I think by the time I finally got sick of it I had gone through 3 copies. :lol:

Great band, great records. It's a shame they couldn't work things out. RIP Scott... :(

• Like 2

I wasn't sure how GNR + STP would sound but I loved it. Nice blend of old school and new school, I think they nailed it. I like Libertad a bit more that's no knock on Contraband. Nice album.

A couple of songs are really great. It would be interesting to hear Axl's voice on Slither. But I have to admit that I liked the debut album from Brides of Destruction a bit better.

Edited by Sosso

Feels like not that long ago and longer ago all at once!  

side note: not to knock anyones tastes but I really, really dont like Slither.  Love much of the rest of the album.  That guitar solo in Sucker Train Blues, this what they did to perfection for me.  Scotts scream and Slashes attitude oozing out of the guitar.  Shame Slash said once that he didnt enjoy the whole experience.  

• Like 1

Took me a while to get into the album when it first came out however it wasn't until they toured Australia in early 2005 that the music made sense. I was astounded during their first show in Sydney when I saw them and to this day is one of the best shows ive ever seen by a band. They played one STP song and a ciouple of guns songs ( its so easy, use to love her, cant remember the other one)  Their music live really made an impact. Well to me at least. I still play Contraband periodically on my Ipod. They were a fresh of breath air at the time as rock music in general was pretty shit. They were to tour again here in 2008 but cancelled 3 times until the band then fired Scott.

The memories, man!

Back in the no internet days everything was so different. I was a big GNR fan but wasn't really aware of Snakepit so to me this was Slash reappearing. Even though it took me some time to accept Scott (just because he wasn't Axl and I was a stupid kid who couldn't accept it), the band had a massive impact on me. Watching them live will always be one of the sweetest memories for me. I truly miss Scott every single day, though.

Doesn't feel that long ago to me, maybe because I never ceased to listen to them all the fn' time!

Ps: I have the black cover.

• Like 1