Would you rather hear CD II or brand new songs?

CD II or brand new songs?  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Asia said:

Yes and rightly so because what does it matter when it was written or by whom exactly? If the song is great it is great, if it is shit it is shit. It there are great songs written by Axl 15 years ago that Slash can add guitars to and turn them into a GNR masterpiece why would I mind? I'm not saying there are such songs, but if there were, I don't care when they were written.....

I mean there's covers from 30 years ago they play. Even Chi dem and Better with Slash shows that just about anything can work. Plus Fortus was saying he was working on something Slash wrote before the CD era, so are we throwing that out because it's old? I mean if they write no new material then that draw attention but some material from a decade ago or something, I think Nov Rain was started in Indiana or something. I can't close the door on anything. 

2 hours ago, wasted said:

I mean there's covers from 30 years ago they play. Even Chi dem and Better with Slash shows that just about anything can work. Plus Fortus was saying he was working on something Slash wrote before the CD era, so are we throwing that out because it's old? I mean if they write no new material then that draw attention but some material from a decade ago or something, I think Nov Rain was started in Indiana or something. I can't close the door on anything. 

"When we were doing that EP for L.A. Guns, like '83? He was playing "November Rain" — and it was called "November Rain" — you know, on piano. The guitar solo is amazing. Way back then. It was the only thing he knew how to play, but it was his. He'd go, "Someday this song is gonna be really cool." And I'd go, "It's cool now." "But it's not done", you know, he used to say. And, like, anytime we'd be at a hotel or anywhere, there'd be a piano; he'd just kinda play that music. And I'd go, "When are you gonna finish that already", you know? And he'd go, "I don't know what to do with it. I need Moody's help."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_Rain

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

"When we were doing that EP for L.A. Guns, like '83? He was playing "November Rain" — and it was called "November Rain" — you know, on piano. The guitar solo is amazing. Way back then. It was the only thing he knew how to play, but it was his. He'd go, "Someday this song is gonna be really cool." And I'd go, "It's cool now." "But it's not done", you know, he used to say. And, like, anytime we'd be at a hotel or anywhere, there'd be a piano; he'd just kinda play that music. And I'd go, "When are you gonna finish that already", you know? And he'd go, "I don't know what to do with it. I need Moody's help."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_Rain

8 years before release is close enough. I remember something about Indiana and Nov Rain. Maybe just misremembering..

At this stage, i don't really care. I just want to hear something. New music would be good, but i loved Chinese Democracy an would equally love to hear some of those tracks like The General, Atlas Shrugged, Jackie Chan etc. Perhaps a double album with one disc dedicated to new songs and the other dedicated to Chinese songs would be the way to go. That, or a box set of some sort. Maybe Axl could even release the Chinese stuff solo, although he has indicated he is not a fan of solo stuff.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 7:38 PM, Silent Jay said:

I'm sure Slash kept a few riffs from his GnR vault or, from the '96 vault. If he has a riff like Wicked Stone or Anastasia I'd be alright. Even Duff McKagan, I wouldn't mind one of his personal song.

But we're talking about a new album, let's not kid ourselves.

Dude, I recently discovered Anastasia, and HOLY SHIT that's a badass song.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NovemberRain1993 said:

Dude, I recently discovered Anastasia, and HOLY SHIT that's a badass song.

IMO it is the best song any of them have released since The Illusions..

Have you seen this live performance of the song? This is my all time favorite live Slash performance. The extended JAM is off the hook.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Have you seen this live performance of the song? This is my all time favorite live Slash performance. The extended JAM is off the hook.

I have the same issue with this song that I have with all the SMKC  songs...Miles voice. I was really digging the Slash riff (think it's in his top 10 riffs of all time) but Miles singing ruins it for me, I don't think he's particularly good although I do enjoy his work on Alter Bridge's songs.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I have the same issue with this song that I have with all the SMKC  songs...Miles voice. I was really digging the Slash riff (think it's in his top 10 riffs of all time) but Miles singing ruins it for me, I don't think he's particularly good although I do enjoy his work on Alter Bridge's songs.

I don't like Myles all the time but think his voice works very well on this one. It is all about Slash anyway. It is 8 1/2 minutes long and Myles is probably only singing for like a minute of it. 

• Like 2

If CDII is anything like CD, then I choose that for sure. 

If there's new recordings coming with the current lineup I hope it's a continuation of CD and not an attempt to make another Appetite for Destruction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Holy shit....that might be the best Slash solo I have ever seen!!! That's so awesome. I'm not sure he shreds that fast in any other song...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash is a god. That's all I have to say.

Thanks for posting. 

• Like 2

The songs will be new songs as far as we go, but as far as Slash, Duff, and Axl go, they're probably going to be a mix of stuff they've worked on over the years, plus factor in Paul Tobias, Izzy Stradlin and Dave Kushner as co-writers, and maybe a West Arkeen song. 

I doubt there's pressure for GNR to put anything out because the money's being made in touring. It's more likely we'll get a new live album and DVD. 

16 minutes ago, dalsh327 said:

The songs will be new songs as far as we go, but as far as Slash, Duff, and Axl go, they're probably going to be a mix of stuff they've worked on over the years, plus factor in Paul Tobias, Izzy Stradlin and Dave Kushner as co-writers, and maybe a West Arkeen song. 

I doubt there's pressure for GNR to put anything out because the money's being made in touring. It's more likely we'll get a new live album and DVD. 

Yeah, I don't really care what it is....I just want new music!!!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 11:00 AM, t-p-d-a said:

1. Guns N' Roses Reunion live at the Troubadour 2016 (along with the Blu-Ray) [vocals are rerecorded] release: 2017

2. NOT IN THIS LIFETIME... [based on Live Era, vocals are rerecorded, 2 Disc] release: 2018

3. Chinse Democracy II [with Axl, Slash and Duff] release: 2019

4. brutal new fuckin' album with new songs!!! [Special Guests: Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin, Sebastian Bach, Lana Del Rey, Mick Mars and Myles Kennedy] release: 2020

5. Accoustic album release: 2021

6. The Illusion Box 6 discs with outtakes, demos, remakes, remixes by Melissa Reese and Chris Bitman. release 2022

7. The Chinese Box with new Songs based on Chinese Democracy [Special Guests: Buckethead & Chirs Pitman] release 2024

8. Farewell Album release 2025 (Axls retirement.. Duett with Axl & Slash]

Lol

I want to hear new GnR songs period.  I don't care when they were written, just please put something out before they are too damn old.  Ideally I'd like to get something quick so if it's cd2 that would be fine.  That could hold us over for another year til something completely new could come out.  At this point, they need a strong finish.  Put out cd2, the illusion documentary, and a new album plus a live DVD all within the next several years then retire.  End the drought. I can't believe it's 9 years since chineses democracy.  

If a new album comes out it will most likely have reworked versions of what would have been the next album after CD  + songs that may have been worked on after Illusions + new songs.   That's the only thing that would make sense at this point.

No way Axl just throws out everything he's worked on and at the same time I don't think there's anyway Slash & Duff will just play on 12 Axl songs.  So most likely it will be a mix of it all.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 2:50 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Never seen that before...amazing...fastest I've ever seen Slash shred and he was on point through out...a lot of times when guys shred that fast they lose control and turns into noodling.....but Slash kept it tight, together and clear....could hear every note and was in rythym with the melody through out....awesome.

I might need to start listening to more of his solo work.

• Like 3

On 6/12/2017 at 1:50 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Hokey smokes!  Surprised the guitar didn't burst into flames.

• Like 1