Would you rather hear CD II or brand new songs?

CD II or brand new songs?  

175 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

if brand new means written collaboratively between current line up, and agreeing it would take forever to come out, then I would go CDII.

Neither is my first choice, although I would definelty like to hear a few CDII tracks that were not omitted based on quality from release so far, to be mixed in with new tracks from the actual GNR.  Some 96 stuff too.

Edited by soon

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

You've heard Chineese Democracy right?   The answer is pretty clear based on that fact alone.  

It's my favourite album. But that's not the question here.

Edited by Sosso

I want to hear CD II more. 

There's the new stuff takes longer thing but they have enough time. 

Then if it's CD II then how does Slash fit, normally he has some of his songs on an album etc. and how do you mesh Slash more hard rock songs with CD stuff. 

It did seem like the material they were talking about was pretty unfinished or it wasn't finalized

But say CD II was finished I would take that with a re-released CD just as it was. 

Looking at the bands history you might say that that material would just be part of the next evolution. 

I'd be for CD II as it was finished or existed, maybe with Slash and Duff sprinled through it. 

Then Izzy comes back for the reunion record or they go back to writing like AFD.

For this Lifetime era though it feels more like UYI with Axl epics and Slash rockers. 

Is Axl really going to start writing something in 2016 and have it recorded by 2020? So I think it will have roots in the past somehow. 

An all new record would be more a Slash led album. I see the merit of a Back in Black type reunion record. But I think CD II with Slash and Duff would be more interesting to me, plus Slash could still get some rockers on there. What about a double cd?

Anything, both?

37 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I would rather hear CD II because the songs are almost finished. It would probably take another decade to write, record and produce 14-15 brand new songs. 

What's your opinion about that?

make some new songs and produce and sell CDII IMO!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

2/3 and 1/3.

As long as the Slash songs doesn't sound like SMKC then I would be fine with it.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

Neither.

Give us the 1996 sessions that were done with Izzy, Duff and Slash + the early Velvet Revolver sessions with Izzy. The lost era of Guns N' Roses in their PRIME. That's where the gold is.

Don't fuck with Buckethead's work on the Chinese songs - just release all that stuff as is.

Only thing is - a lot of those songs have Axl's primo 90's era vocals. It would be a shame to not include Izzy, Duff, and Slash over those Axl vocals. Decisions, decisions...tsk tsk.

• Like 3

Just now, Sosso said:

As long as the Slash songs doesn't sound like SMKC then I would be fine with it.

I'm sure Slash kept a few riffs from his GnR vault or, from the '96 vault. If he has a riff like Wicked Stone or Anastasia I'd be alright. Even Duff McKagan, I wouldn't mind one of his personal song.

But we're talking about a new album, let's not kid ourselves.

I hope no more CD songs will be released under the GNR name. I wanna listen to them all but for what they are, Axl songs. From Guns N' Roses I want either NEW music or nothing.

By the way, this was posted by @Silent Jay on the 'New Richard Fortus Interview' thread:

In passing he mentioned they had recorded stuff and hope to get it out this year.

I asked him after the interview about that and if it was new music or the Chinese extras and he said, "Oh, new!" like there shouldn’t even be a question about it. Then I asked him about the extra Chinese songs and what his favorites were. Jackie Chan was his first one and then he said the General was REALLY good. He said there was a lot of songs in the can and that they'll probably come out some day.  He said there are some “phenomenal” songs and that he hopes they come out someday.

So if Axl had moved on and was working on new music a few years ago (2013), why would he release CD II now that he has part of the real deal back to write with?

I really hope Slash and Axl will work together and come up with another Jungle or Estranged or Coma.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

c7NJRa2.gif

Hide contents

I'll take prime-era Buckethead riffs and solos over anything Slash has ever done so my answer would be CD II by a country mile.

Hide contents

We're not getting either

Sometimes I see it like we got the best of Izzy and Slash, Bucket and Finck etc. so why go back to that? 

What I was hoping for was Axl on a Dj song or Ron song, you know something different. 

Going back trying to top Shackler's with Bucket or Jungle with Slash, it's a tall order. 

So maybe it is or was over and going back in with Slash is doomed to fail but who knows they maybe it's Axl and Slash and Fortus that is the new thing. That could be the hard rock triad they were looking for. Just straight hard rock. 

• Like 1

I would release a new record that would consist of 4 brand new tracks, the 4 best tracks from the 96 sessions with Izzy and then have Slash and Duff pick the 4 best of the intended CD II, I think this could be a really strong effort but probably wont happen.

Edited by Walapino