Adam West

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I watched the 60's Batman movie probably a hundred times when I was a little kid. That fuckin shark repellent made me laugh every time :lol:

RIP

Yeah, my mom saw it when it was released in the 60's.

It's still in reruns sometimes on a cable channel.

The Batman show is on every Saturday night on the local "me" channel. I was able to watch the show on reruns growing up and now my daughter knows that batman show too. I have to tell her that they are very old now. lol

I read in today's paper that Adam West played the mayor's voice on Family Guy for over 17 years. Wow!

No matter what he will always be remembered for being Batman and he probably loved it.

• Like 2

glad to see all the glowing praises and affirmations about the so charming, witty, and personable Adam West. so many quotes but i think this was my favorite:

"He was the giant upon whose shoulders all that have donned the cowl have stood."

by Troy Baker

rest well Mr. Adam West, you will be missed :cry:

I'm posting this here because I think ALOT of his Mayor West character was kinda based off of this. It was a TV pilot he did but it is brilliant. It was called Lookwell. A washed-up TV action hero Ty Lookwell, (played by Adam West) —who at the peak of his career was ceremonially deputized by local law enforcement—falsely believes he can solve crimes in real life.

• Like 1