AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip Live (2001)

Sosso

GN'R are playing at the Olympic Stadium in Munich tomorrow. That's why I wanna share this concert here :)

Stiff Upper Lip Live was my first live dvd from AC/DC and it's still one my favourites concerts from the '00s :headbang:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Brian is admittedly pretty horrid on most of it but I've watched that DVD a thousand times. Excellent set list and overall performance. Better than this tour was the 2003 shows which were sublime.

I wonder why the Young brothers has tolerated that for such a long time. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, James Bond said:

It was really only that tour. He sounded fantastic on the 2003 run.

Indeed. But I had the impression that he sounded weak at basically almost every tour after 1991

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Indeed. But I had the impression that he sounded weak at basically almost every tour after 1991

I don't think he sounded bad on the Ballbreaker tour. Weaker than 1991 but certainly passable. He was at least hitting the notes which was part of the eternal struggle on the Stiff Upper Lip tour. 

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

honestly not having listened to much of Brian i always wondered why they hired him. was it truly because Bon had heard him and liked his sound? i have often thought it this true or an urban legend? 

It's not entirely untrue - Bon was indeed a fan of Brian's having seen him years earlier but that wasn't the sole reason he got hired. Mutt Lange had suggested him to the boys and Angus liked his high pitched wail so he got the gig. It was as simple as that.

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

It's not entirely untrue - Bon was indeed a fan of Brian's having seen him years earlier but that wasn't the sole reason he got hired. Mutt Lange had suggested him to the boys and Angus liked his high pitched wail so he got the gig. It was as simple as that.

Brian's voice to me was (is? ) like fingernails on a chalk board ( sorry Brian, sorry fans of Brian. )

it's a matter of personal taste...i am sure he is a great guy. love the idea of his new talk show thingie :)

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Brian's voice to me was (is? ) like fingernails on a chalk board ( sorry Brian, sorry fans of Brian. )

it's a matter of personal taste...i am sure he is a great guy. love the idea of his new talk show thingie :)

Well, needless to say the boys didn't have the same sentiment! :P

Just now, James Bond said:

Well, needless to say the boys didn't have the same sentiment! :P

like i said it's a matter of taste. i am sure many people hate that Adam Lambert is quasi lead singer for Queen now yet there are many who love it ( including me ;) )

but i do wish Brian all the best :)

12 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Mutt might have, but originally it was a guy from Cleveland who sent a letter to the band saying they had to listen to this Brian Johnson. 

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I like both DC singers, one of the few examples of a successful line-up change in a rock band. I prefer Bon and prefer that era as they were more a pub band with a bit more swagger and danger about them

i love the swagger and danger Bon brought. never knew they were a pub band...that would have been awesome to see :)

8 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

the Slash part would be cool ;)

Well that was in the Snakepit days and to be honest they weren't that great.   It was cool to see Slash but the band was really nothing special. Pretty generic arena rock.

24 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

Well that was in the Snakepit days and to be honest they weren't that great.   It was cool to see Slash but the band was really nothing special. Pretty generic arena rock.

ah ok...well Slash was great last April when i saw GN'R and i expect the same in Oakland this November ;)