08/05/2017 - Little Rock, AR - War Memorial Stadium

Black Sabbath

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

When they announced the new arena tour dates and the extra dates of the stadium tour....said something along the lines that the Little Rock show promised to be the event of a lifetime....or something along those lines.  

Which would make sense, since Adler appeared at the slowest selling US gigs last year....would make sense to do something "extra" for a show like this.

I've checked the other two major boards and researched the press releases I can find online. No luck on anything special or extra yet.

4 hours ago, BrownstoneMan87 said:

I think kasanova king is on to something. 

We will see soon enough. I'm just not sure why Adler would be involved again after his interviews in January or izzy based on his opinion on the money offered. But, I'm just basing that on what has happened in the past 14 months only.

34 minutes ago, Rusty69 said:

We will see soon enough. I'm just not sure why Adler would be involved again after his interviews in January or izzy based on his opinion on the money offered. But, I'm just basing that on what has happened in the past 14 months only.

I know something special gonna happen in Little Rock on the day before My birthday. Can't wait to see what GNR has in store for Us on 8/5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This show was always weird.  Dumped on sale months after the other gigs in hardly a big market, it looks like a disaster really.  They've moved the stage forward and reduced tickets to $55-80 for most of the seats even by the stage and $29 at the back and it is still very poorly sold.  

I'm just surprised we didn't get the "logistical reasons" cancellation bullshit but it's gonna be a pretty bad turnout 

It seems to me from the rumored possible show at the bonaroo location this was the choice when that date was not able to be secured. Also, it's harder to sell in the amount of time considering the size of the venue. The stadium hasn't hosted a large concert from what I read since an N'SYNC show many years ago. Regardless, we will get a 3 hour show. And it will be solid. 

Guess I should've waited for the discount. We spent $1,200 on floor seats, could've gotten PIT tickets for cheaper.

I really don't understand why they didn't book this at the Verizon Arena, far better venue, in doors, and won't be 2/3s empty.

Edited by pugachev

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

Wow! Bleachers instead of actual seats? Is this place a high school football stadium??

For those that don't know, North American football is a religion in the southern USA...

You'd be pissed if you paid full price of $250+ given the prices they're selling at now, then really pissed if you turned up and hadn't known you were sitting on a bench!

28 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

You'd be pissed if you paid full price of $250+ given the prices they're selling at now, then really pissed if you turned up and hadn't known you were sitting on a bench!

I would be. I've seen 3 shows on the NITL tour. Both Vegas April 2016 gigs and the Arlington, TX show on August 3, 2016. That's enough for me.

Unless, there is a major shakeup (Izzy and/or Steven/Matt return/NEW album), I am done spending money on high priced GNR shows.

After listening to the Apollo broadcast and being exposed to the stale setlist yet AGAIN, I've realized I really don't care much about modern day GNR anymore....

As a die-hard fan since 1989, I can't believe I have gotten to this point....

Edited by rockphantom

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

I would be. I've seen 3 shows on the NITL tour. Both Vegas April 2016 gigs and the Arlington, TX show on August 3, 2016. That's enough for me.

Unless, there is a major shakeup (Izzy and/or Steven/Matt return/NEW album), I am done spending money on high priced GNR shows.

After listening to the Apollo broadcast and being exposed to the stale setlist yet AGAIN, I've realized I really don't care much about modern day GNR anymore....

In fairness it isn't anything unusual.  Most bands play mostly the same sets each night.  When they start going back to places on the arena leg they will hopefully shake it up but I am starting to doubt the set will change at all.  

Just now, northernsoul said:

In fairness it isn't anything unusual.  Most bands play mostly the same sets each night.  When they start going back to places on the arena leg they will hopefully shake it up but I am starting to doubt the set will change at all.  

I'm aware of this. Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, and Van Halen are famous for delivering the same show every night. I remember back on the Illusion tour when every show was a unique spectacle of no-holds-barred hard rock. I caught the Houston show on September 4, 1992 and the Austin gig on February 23, 1993 and both performances were completely different. I hope the fall 2017 tour is drastically different from the current show. Perhaps, Skin N' Bones revisited? That would work for me!

On 8/2/2017 at 11:19 AM, rockphantom said:

I'm aware of this. Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, and Van Halen are famous for delivering the same show every night. I remember back on the Illusion tour when every show was a unique spectacle of no-holds-barred hard rock. I caught the Houston show on September 4, 1992 and the Austin gig on February 23, 1993 and both performances were completely different. I hope the fall 2017 tour is drastically different from the current show. Perhaps, Skin N' Bones revisited? That would work for me!

Back then it was the SAME stuff said between each and every song.. just the names of the towns would change but the stories would stay the same. 

Who gives a shit about venues and if they do/don't have seats. It's a GNR show, you shouldn't be sitting down anyway. Personally, I'm not all that crazy about the sound in the Mega sized NFL stadiums. I plan on having a kick-ass time. No complaining from me. ???

• Like 2

On 8/2/2017 at 9:15 AM, rockphantom said:

Your lack of interest is probably tied into the absence of new music. I love GNR dearly, but I want an actively creative band.