GN'R #11 on Forbes World's Highest-Paid Celebrities List

$84 M

Featuring classic members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan, Guns N' Roses kicked off the Never In This Lifetime Tour in April 2016, and will continue to play well into 2017. The five-continent excursion helped the band achieve the rare feat of soaring into eight-figure territory without any major endorsements.

https://www.forbes.com/profile/guns-n-roses/?list=celebrities

Never In This Lifetime, though :P

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not bothered at all by all the money they stand to make and are making from this. If I were angry about it, I wouldn't give them any of my money. 

I not angry but I am disappointed.. Not that they are making money but they way they are doing it.  One of the biggest disappointments for me are the ticket prices.. Not everyone can afford these prices and a lot of people are missing out because they can't justify the prices, can't afford it or weren't lucky enough to score marked down tix..  Aside from Vegas, if prices were normal I would be catching a lot more than just the local shows.. I wanted to go to Cincinnati to see them with my Uncle last summer but couldn't. I would go to every show withing driving distance if I could but I can't.  I would definitely have gotten a ticket for Madison Square Garden in the fall if prices were normal. I bet those shows will be off the hook but I can only afford my local show. 

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not bothered at all by all the money they stand to make and are making from this. If I were angry about it, I wouldn't give them any of my money. 

I agree, we have a choice. With close to 3 hr shows, they are giving an honest days work compared to a lot of the others bands.

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I not angry but I am disappointed.. Not that they are making money but they way they are doing it.  One of the biggest disappointments for me are the ticket prices.. Not everyone can afford these prices and a lot of people are missing out because they can't justify the prices, can't afford it or weren't lucky enough to score marked down tix..  Aside from Vegas, if prices were normal I would be catching a lot more than just the local shows.. I wanted to go to Cincinnati to see them with my Uncle last summer but couldn't. I would go to every show withing driving distance if I could but I can't.  I would definitely have gotten a ticket for Madison Square Garden in the fall if prices were normal. I bet those shows will be off the hook but I can only afford my local show. 

A lot of times you can find tickets on craigslist the day of the show for half or less of face value. Over all I agree, ticket prices are pretty high, but those high prices are for the tickets closest to the stage and with the way they are currently selling for some of the stadium shows In the U.S. I would look for price drops pretty soon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ironmt said:

A lot of times you can find tickets on craigslist the day of the show for half or less of face value. Over all I agree, ticket prices are pretty high, but those high prices are for the tickets closest to the stage and with the way they are currently selling for some of the stadium shows In the U.S. I would look for price drops pretty soon.

Even the worst seats in the house are over $100 bucks after the fees.. Even that is too high for some people. For me it is certainly too high to sit in crap seats.. It is my choice but I'd rather have good seats for one show than see two with bad seats. The waiting game also works too but the die hard fans who have fear of missing (like me) end up buying tickets right away while watching everyone else get in for 1/3 to 1/4 of the price for the same tix... All a big game.. They would sell out in a day if they just reasonable prices from the beginning.

I already got my Boston ticket.. Pretty good seat for $280... Was looking at Madison Square Garden last night and not many tic left for either of those shows.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

More fool you then ;-D

What, for not chucking money at Guns N' Roses? Why on earth exactly would I give them my money? Their discography for instance has remained virtually unchanged since 1991; there is not exactly an outlet there for spending one's money!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

What, for not chucking money at Guns N' Roses? Why on earth exactly would I give them my money? Their discography for instance has remained virtually unchanged since 1991; there is not exactly an outlet there for spending one's money!

I meant for chucking money at that abomination of a 2012 lineup my dear chap ;-D

53 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I meant for chucking money at that abomination of a 2012 lineup my dear chap ;-D

Oh I regretted it and was incredibly stupid as I had already seen Rose in 2006, which was an unmitigated disaster of a show. In 2012 I can only presume Rose had an urinary infection as he kept leaving the stage after every song while the rest of the band proceeded to play little instrumental jingles and covers. I still have the programme which has that red hand on the cover with lots of little red people on it.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Pretty impressive, considering this version (or semi version) of the band hasn't released an original album in 26 years.....and they've made more in the past 12 months (inflation included) than they've ever made in a 12 month period...even during their peak years of 89' - 93'.

Edited by Kasanova King

23 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I hear you on this but this is just the business aspect of it to me. The tickets are priced at what the market will bare in most markets.

It's worth noting that GN'R tickets must be going extremely poorly in Detroit as they've already lowered the ticket pricing tiers and the show isn't even until November.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's worth noting that GN'R tickets must be going extremely poorly in Detroit as they've already lowered the ticket pricing tiers and the show isn't even until November.

Boston is selling ok.. Still a ton of seats but all the cheap ones and PIT are gone.. They should have sold out that place in hours but...  There will definitely be better deals than what I payed. And I joined Nightrain.. That's all on my dumb ass though... I am actually surprised how well MSG sold. BOTH shows

46 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Boston is selling ok.. Still a ton of seats but all the cheap ones and PIT are gone.. They should have sold out that place in hours but...  There will definitely be better deals than what I payed. And I joined Nightrain.. That's all on my dumb ass though... I am actually surprised how well MSG sold. BOTH shows

A lot casual fans don't buy the tickets for these concerts until maybe a week or two before the show.  For example, Metallica is playing here in Orlando in a few weeks and I still haven't gotten my tickets yet and there's still plenty of tickets available for that show.....but I guarantee when it comes to showtime, it will be sold out or close....same thing goes for these shows.

Edited by Kasanova King