Judas Priest thread

Towelie

9 hours ago, Sosso said:

Great band. Nostradamus is one my favourite albums. I wish they would record more concept albums like this

+1

Nostradamus was very underrated. What's your favourite song on it?

I liked Redeemer of Souls, but it was too long. Too many weak tracks bringing the quality down, but there was definitely a solid 10-track album in there.

In terms of modern Priest, I still think Angel of Retribution was one of their best albums, and yes, better than Painkiller. Lochness is one of my all time favourite Priest songs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I've always liked them a lot. I have a few albums, but I'm not a super hard core scholar or anything. I'm hoping this thread gets a little action so I can find some cool deep cuts I'm unaware of...

Check out the songs I posted, some great (mostly modern) Priest selections. ;)

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:06 PM, Sosso said:

Dawn of Creation, Prophecy, Exiled and New Beginnings

Great picks.

I would also add Revelations and Pestilence & Plague to that list.

It's a shame they never got round to showcasing the entire album on stage, the way they originally planned. That would've been epic.

Fucking love Priest! :headbang:Rob is one of the greatest metal singers ever.

A few of my faves:

^^^ Metal doesn't get any better than this.

^^^ Or this

Even love their cheesier stuff

Would've posted 'Reckless' from 'Turbo' as well but can't find a video of it, love that song! :headbang:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Even love their cheesier stuff

Would've posted 'Reckless' from 'Turbo' as well but can't find a video of it, love that song! :headbang:

I always felt Turbo was a cracking little record. I suppose I can see what some fans dislike it, it IS very commercial, and some of the songs are a bit throwaway. But there's some really great songs on there too, especially Out In The Cold, Turbo Lover, Hot for Love and Reckless. It's just a fun, party record from beginning to end really, which is why I think I like it, as it's a bit different to the rest of their stuff.

7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I always felt Turbo was a cracking little record. I suppose I can see what some fans dislike it, it IS very commercial, and some of the songs are a bit throwaway. But there's some really great songs on there too, especially Out In The Cold, Turbo Lover, Hot for Love and Reckless. It's just a fun, party record from beginning to end really, which is why I think I like it, as it's a bit different to the rest of their stuff.

Yeah, it's always been one of my favourites. Like you say, it's Priest at their most commercial, they were definitely going for the American market big style around that time but the sound/production is great, it still sounds really good today. Just a great rock record.

54 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Yeah, it's always been one of my favourites. Like you say, it's Priest at their most commercial, they were definitely going for the American market big style around that time but the sound/production is great, it still sounds really good today. Just a great rock record.

^^^ Wild Nights is probably the only track on the album that I don't like...

Edited by Towelie

Painkiller was one of my first metal albums. That is still one of the all-time classics.

I remember how pumped I was when Rob rejoined the band and they were releasing Angel Of Retribution, which was a pretty good album. Still really looking forward to their new one, as I hear they're just finishing it up. I just hope it's better produced than Redeemer Of Souls. That album sounded like a wet fart.

The 'Ripper' Owens records are decent enough heads down metal albums in their own right, I suppose, though neither are anything special and both are very average when held up against the Rob stuff. The tunes/melodies just aren't there imo and there's nothing standout on either of them. They're heavy, but yeah, they just came across as a Judas Priest cover band without Rob. I rarely ever listen to either, really.

Love the Priest - looking forward to the new record and (hopefully) the subsequent tour.

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:06 AM, Towelie said:

Anyone checked out the Tim "Ripper" Owens Priest albums? Never heard em, but am curious to give them a go. Priest without Rob seems like Guns without Axl to me, but I'm open minded to seeing what they came up with.

You're not missing much. Cathedral Spires from Jugulator is probably worth a try, though.