Huffpost article: "Axl Rose" performed at Bridge School Benefit 2012

57 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If Neil is not involved anymore I imagine it has something to do with him cheating on his wife Pegi and shacking up with Daryl Hannah. It is really Pegi Young who runs the whole Bridge School Benefit. I'm a massive Rusty and I'm not going to even begin to try and defend his actions by the way.

I love Neil too, but that really was ugly

3 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Everyone has their opinions, I guess. I don't see Slash and Duff leaving again though. They'll take breaks for Slash to do his solo stuff but if Slash or Duff leave it'll be when the band decides to put GNR to sleep for good. 

When Slash tours for his solo stuff Axl will just tour with AC DC its a win win

Im amused that people get offended over someone calling the revolving door of musicians a solo band

Honestly what did they do to deserve to be called Guns N' Roses? Axl squandered any chance they had of being respected.

Besides the Bridge School showing was maybe the lowest moment of Axl's career....calling that GNR is a slap in the face.

Edited by -W.A.R-

2 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Im amused that people that get offended over someone calling the revolving door of musicians a solo band.

Honestly what did they do to deserve to be called Guns N' Roses? Axl squandered any chance they had of being respected.

I am more amused by the people who are in denial and refuse to accept that period of time as GNR.

I never met anyone who claims the moon landing was faked but I imagine it wouldn't be much different than the nuGNR line up deniers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gnr5 said:

1. Who Cares, really?

2. They responded at the bottom of the article "CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story misspelled the surnames of Eddie Vedder and Tom Waits, and incorrectly implied that Axl Rose of Guns N’ Roses had performed at the benefit solo."

2. Yeah, look at that, they did change it :)

1.  I wouldn't say I care that much about wether people think It's GNR or Axl solo, I have my opinion but I know others disagree and respect that. I just think it's important for media these days to try and be as clear as possible. Had they written more about the GNR performance they could have called it an "Axl Rose solo effort" and explained why they consider it to be a solo act and not a band, and I would have disagreed with their point of view but not with their right to have that opinion or put it to print. The way it was written now just stated it as a fact, which made me slightly uneasy. 

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

yea Glad you spoke up! I would hate for Axl to take the full responsibility for this abysmal performance 

Yes, this is awful. I wish it never happened. But it did. And it was the 2012 lineup of GNR who played. 

LOL at  social justice GnR warriors. Let it go people. The CD era of "Guns N' Roses" was viewed as fake GnR by the overwhelming majority of people. Nothing in the article is untrue. Axl did perform so who gives a flying fuck if they acknowledge fake GnR or not. Only a butthurt group of crazy GnR fans would care about this  How deep in the worship do ya gotta be for something like this bother you to the point you write a letter? :blink:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bono said:

LOL at  social justice GnR warriors. Let it go people. The CD era of "Guns N' Roses" was viewed as fake GnR by the overwhelming majority of people. Nothing in the article is untrue. Axl did perform so who gives a flying fuck if they acknowledge fake GnR or not. Only a butthurt group of crazy GnR fans would care about this  How deep in the worship do ya gotta be for something like this bother you to the point you write a letter? :blink:

Should've locked this to begin with, but this seems like a good (and correct) place to call it.

• Like 1