Do They Bring Their A-Game on Festivals?

Just wondering as I never really paid much attention to the difference of each show. But now that I am going on a festival(Sao Paulo), wondering if they are bringing their A-game, knowing other top tier bands are there too. Cuz I read some comments that they are just cruising/on auto pilot on some shows.

Also, they dont play shorter right?

In Brazil? Sure they will. If they were doing European festivals, it might be a bit more hit-or-miss depending on the crowd. 

As for set length, it's hard to say until the promoter releases a schedule. Sometimes on festivals they get their full length set, other times they get a shorter set (At Governors Ball in 2013 they only got an hour and a half). That said, they're not playing shows quite as long as 2010-2014 nowadays, so if it's cut down, it won't be as drastic. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

In Brazil? Sure they will. If they were doing European festivals, it might be a bit more hit-or-miss depending on the crowd. 

As for set length, it's hard to say until the promoter releases a schedule. Sometimes on festivals they get their full length set, other times they get a shorter set (At Governors Ball in 2013 they only got an hour and a half). That said, they're not playing shows quite as long as 2010-2014 nowadays, so if it's cut down, it won't be as drastic. 

Whats with Brazil that they will play better? Cuz of Beta?

Setlist wise though? Can I expect Bad Apples, Locomotive and the General?

4 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

No. But they play deep cuts like Coma

• Like 1

They like Brazil cause we are the best crowds, no question. haha

But I dont think setlist will change, I'm expecting them to play The Garden as Alice Cooper is opening, but unfortunatelly this is GnR we're talkin bout :(

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

I have been paying attention on every gigs since last year. No, you won't get it Duke. The chances are very low. But if you are, good for you :) 

Hope you'll have great time in Paris!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Just wondering as I never really paid much attention to the difference of each show. But now that I am going on a festival(Sao Paulo), wondering if they are bringing their A-game, knowing other top tier bands are there too. Cuz I read some comments that they are just cruising/on auto pilot on some shows.

Also, they dont play shorter right?

If you watch Axl performance in 2013 leading up to the governors ball he got drastically better each show, but then got sick at the surprise show the night before the festival and the performance was a bit flat considering where he was prior to getting sick. However the American audience was so drunk by the time they came on it looked like the most fun a crowd has ever had seeing GNR in the states...not many videos from the show but with headliners like Kanye West that week it was refreshing to have GNR on the bill with top names and have everyone enjoy the show they put on.