What's the easiest way to meet the band on tour?

I always wonder what the appeal of this actually is?  I love the music that Guns played and I love Slash's guitar playing but I've never had any major desire to meet them in person.  

Not that there is anything wrong with it of course.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

At the hotel you have almost zero chance if evrybody wait for Axl.

You have more chances on airport

If axl is in the mood to take his time and take pics and sign stuff, then there is a chance at the hotel. But I'd say the chances are better a day before the show

6 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I always wonder what the appeal of this actually is?  I love the music that Guns played and I love Slash's guitar playing but I've never had any major desire to meet them in person.  

Not that there is anything wrong with it of course.

Same here. They are just blokes making music which I totally respect them for, but other than that, not sure what I'd even say to them if I met them. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, axlrosefan4life said:

I met Slash Duff Dizzy Richard Frank Melissa at the hotel as they were leaving for sound check in Atlanta last year. Met Axl in 2013 in KC at the venue after the show with some help. Best chance is hotel if your positive were they are staying at. If there is a large group of people it will be harder to meet core members. In atlanta there was about 15 people and they were all autograph seekers " Ebayers". Security made us all get off property. When i saw duff I yelled if he could sign my arm for a tattoo and he allowed me to come to him and get a pic and signature on my arm. After that security made us leave again. Later Slash came out and everyone was yelling for autographs and he said he is in a hurry to get to soundcheck.. I yelled again if he could sign my arm for a tattoo and he didn't respond. So a min later his car pulled up and his body guard asked me to come up and asked what did i want signed and i responded  my arm for a tattoo then he told me to walk around to the back of the car and slash was really cool about it. It seems they don't mind meeting REAL fans and taking time to sign as long as they know its not for ebay you know.. 

Nice story ??

The 3 key things to meet them are:

1) Loads of time to spend on chasing them around, waiting, moving from hotel to airport to stadium, back to hotel, etc.

2) Money to support all of that waiting, chasing, moving from one place to other.

3) Great LUCK.

There's no such thing as the easiest way. Most people who have met them have been trying their luck and patience and money for a long time. Others are just lucky but it really takes dedication and persistence to get there.

22 hours ago, killuridols said:

The 3 key things to meet them are:

1) Loads of time to spend on chasing them around, waiting, moving from hotel to airport to stadium, back to hotel, etc.

2) Money to support all of that waiting, chasing, moving from one place to other.

3) Great LUCK.

There's no such thing as the easiest way. Most people who have met them have been trying their luck and patience and money for a long time. Others are just lucky but it really takes dedication and persistence to get there.

4) being a model doesn't seem to hurt

On 6/18/2017 at 6:45 PM, axlrosefan4life said:

I met Slash Duff Dizzy Richard Frank Melissa at the hotel as they were leaving for sound check in Atlanta last year. Met Axl in 2013 in KC at the venue after the show with some help. Best chance is hotel if your positive were they are staying at. If there is a large group of people it will be harder to meet core members. In atlanta there was about 15 people and they were all autograph seekers " Ebayers". Security made us all get off property. When i saw duff I yelled if he could sign my arm for a tattoo and he allowed me to come to him and get a pic and signature on my arm. After that security made us leave again. Later Slash came out and everyone was yelling for autographs and he said he is in a hurry to get to soundcheck.. I yelled again if he could sign my arm for a tattoo and he didn't respond. So a min later his car pulled up and his body guard asked me to come up and asked what did i want signed and i responded  my arm for a tattoo then he told me to walk around to the back of the car and slash was really cool about it. It seems they don't mind meeting REAL fans and taking time to sign as long as they know its not for ebay you know.. 

I was at that KC show in '13 too. We were standing on the sidewalk out front of the Midland before the show waiting to get in for a VIP meet n greet (ended up being Ashba, Dizzy n Frank :lol:). There was a bus parked there, all of a sudden the door opens, and I hear Axl yell "hey Fernando". Then he steps out with Beta, like 10' away from me. I said "holy shit- there's Axl" and he smiled and flashed the peace sign, and zipped right in a back door. I was gonna go back there after the show and wait, like you must have, but we didn't. Then I saw a video on YouTube later of people out there and Axl just hanging out chatting, posing for pics, no hurry to go anywhere. I was like "aw fuck- that woulda been cool"... I'm still kicking myself that I wasn't right there with ya!!!!

On June 18, 2017 at 6:45 PM, axlrosefan4life said:

Did you ever get the tattoo?

• Like 1

On 6/20/2017 at 10:23 AM, Tourettes2400 said:

Did you ever get the tattoo?

Yes i did!! I got Axl Slash and Duff signatures!!! Another story too!!! in Vegas residency in 2012 when Izzy appeared I met him. when he arrived he went to the stage area and i waited by the doors and he came out and took a pic with me. Then the next day bumblefoot brought me to soundcheck/line check... he was getting his gear ready for Europe i believe. Izzy was on stage and he was playing on Axl's piano. I didn't bother him that time because i didn't want to turn into fan boy and get kicked out while playing around on stage. 

https://www.instagram.com/rickdunsford/ you can see pics with some of the guys on there 

Edited by axlrosefan4life
  • Like 1