Do you feel cheated as a ticket buyer knowing Axl isn't giving it his all for GNR shows?

TheSeeker

Do you feel cheated as a ticket buyer knowing Axl isn't giving it his all for GNR shows?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Dont flatter yourself. Trolls like you don't offend me. I just find it hilarious that you constantly try to make judgments that you couldn't possible be serious about, unless you're just here to troll or live in an absolute fantasy world. I think for you both apply. You can say slash looks bored as much as you want, but its just ridiculous and has nothing to do with honesty or whatever the fuck. 

Have you ever heard about the freedom of speech, Merkel-boy? You're living in your own fantasy world...GnR has to compare themselves with themselves from the past. GnR's curse is that they delivered on almost every show between 86-93. 

I'm ok with the fact that Axl's current voice won't reach the old one. But it's only acceptable for me if the rest of the band is fine. It was a totally different vibe when Adler was on drums in 2016. Fortus and Ferrer can't reach the level of perfection GnR stand for between 86-93.

If you don't hear that, you're simply fine with every GnR transformation. Imagine a Beatles tour without Lennon and Ringo and a different Paul voice. Would you be fine with that? Well, I think you would, but I wouldn't. 

And the next problem is: Izzy, Adler, Matt and Gilby are as bitter as every 'hater' here. So saying that we're all just a couple of negative party crashers is just bollocks. We are just defenders of their glorious past. 

Edited by 2414225

I've been to three shows with my family so far this tour (with another coming up in the fall). We've spent an absolutely ludicrous amount of money on GNR (tickets, shirts, lithos, programs, etc.) and I would turn around and do it again in a heartbeat. It's an incredible show and experience, and if you think Axl isn't putting in effort, well that's your opinion, but I think he's giving it what he has left in the tank at 55 and it's blown me away each time. And to say that Slash isn't giving it his all isn't an opinion, it's just wrong! I saw SMKC in 2015 and his demeanor is exactly the same, and he sounds so much better on the NITL tour!

Okay, time to get off my soapbox! Lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I thought he was pretty invested every time I saw him with his "employee band". In fact I see very little change. He still danced, made jokes with the guys on stage, sang to varying degrees of good or bad, smiled etc. What's the actual difference, because I'm missing something. Is he happy to finally have the Slash and classic GnR shit behind him? yes, but was he out on tour, hating what he was doing up until the point he sent that text to Slash? Nope, and there's plenty of incredible shows to support that opinion. 

2006 was an inspired Axl. Current Axl is definitely having a great time, but how the hell could he not enjoy himself? he's just just jumped from playing to 15000 people arenas in Europe/UK/US to Stadiums holding 80000 people worldwide... I'm sure he never thought that was on the cards again, AND on top of all that, the media are being VERY kind with him - relatively few fat jokes, and they are very easy on his voice. 

it's all subjective, and i hate to disagree with a fellow irishman but i feel his performances since they reformed gnr are his best in terms of "spirit" since guns last played together in 93.  in the fake employee band he certainly had a younger stronger voice but his core energy was always robbed because deep down he knew he wasn't gnr alone and that CD was nothing but a layered bag of dicks and he was carrying that weight.  in terms of real gnr, axl's no fool, he wrote the lyrics but he knows who wrote the songs and helped with harmonies, he knew he was touring on a lie and a band name his lawyers greased him.  he's free of the shackles now, no more lies (outside of denying izzy his due and steven a role) and Slash and Duff are even playing the solo songs for the six people who are interested in watching axl masterbate.

but on topic… axl seems happier in the company of slash and duff… and i don't think he's short changing any of these performances… i think this is the best axl can be at this point in this life… i think he'll sound great on new material written for his voice now, where he doesn't have to face the mountain of recreating his twenty-five year old self.     

:lol: What a bunch of BS!!!

1) Axl is not THAT bad :facepalm:. He puts on a great show and for most of the time he sings and performs pretty well for a 55 years old guy. Anyone who says otherwise has not been to a show of this tour.

2) The show is not just Axl. There is Slash and Duff who make it fucking awesome and there is a massive production of lighting, fireworks, videos and performance that makes it a great LIVE spectacle.

None of this can be perceived via YouTube or Periscope. You have to experience it in a big stadium with thousands of people to realize how great it is.

I find it offensive that people who have not put a foot in a venue come here saying these bollocks and trying to fool the ones who have ACTUALLY been to the shows. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

it's all subjective, and i hate to disagree with a fellow irishman but i feel his performances since they reformed gnr are his best in terms of "spirit" since guns last played together in 93.  in the fake employee band he certainly had a younger stronger voice but his core energy was always robbed because deep down he knew he wasn't gnr alone and that CD was nothing but a layered bag of dicks and he was carrying that weight.  in terms of real gnr, axl's no fool, he wrote the lyrics but he knows who wrote the songs and helped with harmonies, he knew he was touring on a lie and a band name his lawyers greased him.  he's free of the shackles now, no more lies (outside of denying izzy his due and steven a role) and Slash and Duff are even playing the solo songs for the six people who are interested in watching axl masterbate.

but on topic… axl seems happier in the company of slash and duff… and i don't think he's short changing any of these performances… i think this is the best axl can be at this point in this life… i think he'll sound great on new material written for his voice now, where he doesn't have to face the mountain of recreating his twenty-five year old self.     

I love the description "layered bag of dicks" :D Although I disagree with the review. 

For me, 2006 was a special year, my first time seeing them and also my favourite sounding Axl (of all the eras). As you said, it's subjective.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, swishtz said:

Wow some people talk the biggest pile of shit on planet earth ! DELETE THIS RIDICULOUS THREAD

LOL. How sensitive can one be to beg the mods to delete a thread so it won't hurt his feelings anymore? LOL

How many shows have you seen ? Poor year as a fan, fuck me, some of you need to get out a little more.

I'm assuming you as a pathetic GNR fanboy must leave the house a lot and doesn't spend the days worshipping the band from your basement?

Knock yourself out with the guy that doesn't give interviews

Yeah, on the video above we see Axl on a major media outlet speaking openly about Slash's return, new music, etc. It's not an obscure event nobody heard about at all.

I don't feel cheated because I know exactly what to expect if I went to a GNR show. Axl has been sounding like SHIT on GNR since 2011. With very rare moments where he sounds like the Axl we all LOVED from 06 to 10.

Axl sonuds great with ACDC and like shit on his band. If you think otherwise it's fine. Just don't say he sounds or looks the same cause there's a HUGE difference there. If you don't think his clean voice and sad Owww's sound hilariously bad, enjoy the shows.

A GNR show must be a fun night. Just don't expect a loyal fanbase like this one to simply turn off their ears to the obvious laziness in Axl's voice. Casual fans can do it, we can't.

Slash also looks bored as fuck. The hired members add nothing special. These opinions should not offend anyone but GNR fans are like teenage Justin Bieber fans and get personally insulted by this stuff.

Have you guys visited any BJ forum? It's amazing how only a very limited number of fans still "protect" Jon from criticism. The majority agrees that he's done. He sounds bad and looks bored.

But with Axl fans, this kind of rational opinion is like an insult. I'm yet to see fans that act so pathetically to defend someone they don't even know in person.

Axl is not done though which is even more sad. He proved with ACDC he still has his trademark voice. He chooses to sing the GNR songs in a shitty voice and he doesn't work out to look/perform better. Truth is the truth hurts.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, maynard said:

LOL. How sensitive can one be to beg the mods to delete a thread so it won't hurt his feelings anymore? LOL

I'm assuming you as a pathetic GNR fanboy must leave the house a lot and doesn't spend the days worshipping the band from your basement?

Yeah, on the video above we see Axl on a major media outlet speaking openly about Slash's return, new music, etc. It's not an obscure event nobody heard about at all.

I don't feel cheated because I know exactly what to expect if I went to a GNR show. Axl has been sounding like SHIT on GNR since 2011. With very rare moments where he sounds like the Axl we all LOVED from 06 to 10.

Axl sonuds great with ACDC and like shit on his band. If you think otherwise it's fine. Just don't say he sounds or looks the same cause there's a HUGE difference there. If you don't think his clean voice and sad Owww's sound hilariously bad, enjoy the shows.

A GNR show must be a fun night. Just don't expect a loyal fanbase like this one to simply turn off their ears to the obvious laziness in Axl's voice. Casual fans can do it, we can't.

Slash also looks bored as fuck. The hired members add nothing special. These opinions should not offend anyone but GNR fans are like teenage Justin Bieber fans and get personally insulted by this stuff.

Have you guys visited any BJ forum? It's amazing how only a very limited number of fans still "protect" Jon from criticism. The majority agrees that he's done. He sounds bad and looks bored.

But with Axl fans, this kind of rational opinion is like an insult. I'm yet to see fans that act so pathetically to defend someone they don't even know in person.

Axl is not done though which is even more sad. He proved with ACDC he still has his trademark voice. He chooses to sing the GNR songs in a shitty voice and he doesn't work out to look/perform better. Truth is the truth hurts.

This sums everything up about Axl's voice. He still has it as you said, he just doesnt care about GnR...

I actually think he's trying too much and hope he doesn't give himself a heart attack with all this running around...he's not twenty anymore. Last time I saw him a few years ago he still sounded great in concert. I did not expect that and I was impressed he sounded as good as on the cd. Will see him again this Saturday. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maynard said:

"I'm assuming you as a pathetic GNR fanboy must leave the house a lot and doesn't spend the days worshipping the band from your basement?"

LOL !!!!!!!!

What a tit

38 minutes ago, swishtz said:

"I'm assuming you as a pathetic GNR fanboy must leave the house a lot and doesn't spend the days worshipping the band from your basement?"

LOL !!!!!!!!

What a tit

Go message some mod begging to delete this thread :lol:

On 2017-6-19 at 9:23 PM, maynard said:

Go message some mod begging to delete this thread :lol:

It's people like you that take everything so literally that have made the internet shit....just sayin' - speaking of basements, 8000+ posts , Wow ! On a forum of a band you wouldn't pay to see. Now where's that laughing emoji at.....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, swishtz said:

It's people like you that take everything so literally that have made the internet shit....just sayin' - speaking of basements, 8000+ posts , Wow ! On a forum of a band you wouldn't pay to see. Now where's that laughing emoji at.....

I joined in 2007. 8 thousand posts in 10 years is not that much. Now go beg to a mod to DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE IT OFFENDS ME.

3 hours ago, maynard said:

I joined in 2007. 8 thousand posts in 10 years is not that much. Now go beg to a mod to DELETE THIS THREAD PLEASE IT OFFENDS ME.

8000 posts in 10 years is over 2 a day, from a guy who won't pay to see the band he posts about daily ! LOL - Can you only say the same thing over and over and over, once a joke, twice a bore....and all that ?

You're a bit lame really, perhaps you should try something else, perhaps another band's forum that you would actually pay to see or getting a girlfriend ?

8 minutes ago, swishtz said:

8000 posts in 10 years is over 2 a day, from a guy who won't pay to see the band he posts about daily ! LOL - Can you only say the same thing over and over and over, once a joke, twice a bore....and all that ?

You're a bit lame really, perhaps you should try something else, perhaps another band's forum that you would actually pay to see or getting a girlfriend ?

Whoa so I post TWICE a day in a forum that has dozens of sections, not only a GNR section and you come up with the getting a life/gf thing?

I'll say it again. I make an average of TWO posts a day. In a forum that includes a music section, a cinema section and an off-topic section.

It seems you get personally offended that I won't pay to see GNR and yet talk about them here. Why is that? Why are you se sensitive? Nobody in GNR knows you. They won't come to you and say... "hey bro, thanks for owning maynard in that same old discussion about our shows".

This forum is not censored. We are all allowed to voice our opinions. Maybe you should seek a GNR forum that has a more positive focus? I can PM you the link. I'll do all I can for you to find a safe place in the internet. :)

• 3 months later...